JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I dont really have anything to add

07E81B11-50B4-44F8-ABDF-79961775836C.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum affirmative action?

More like forward thinking, trust me, the left is using every tool they have.
Maybe its to progressive for the group here. I think I am coming to the conclusion this forum not for finding solutions, but
complaining about the problem, as time and time again people just want it left the way it is and rinse and repeat our rights
into the dirt.
  1. We have a low female active count, yet nationwide ownership has grown 300% since 2007
  2. The 40K plus members are here, of only a small percentage are supporting members.
  3. We are more politically correct then we have ever been.
  4. The site is not politically active persay, mostly just reports the issues sometimes with no advocacy.

So ya, maybe your statement makes pretty clear we here do not see women as equal in this fight?
How can it be favoring in an affirmative action way, when we out number women 39,780 or so to one. ?
Maybe thats why I do not get the sight here or its goals always, as I do not fit in in the scheme on things, I see a fight and would be proud to have women warriors right besides us. Just seeing the humor in this topic shows clear we may say we respect women as firearms owners equal in this fight, but dang if we cna post this stuff in an open forum, what do ya'll really think.

Well I tried, yet again....... well I'm done with the topic... have fun. It could have made a difference if we took their fight seriously.:rolleyes:o_O

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting @CountryGent he didn't cross me as that type but hey who am I to judge :p:D

I freely admit to being an open-minded fellow. However, I am not that open-minded, by any stretch of the imagination. But to each their own. :p

So hey guys, think about it? Maybe there should be a drive to find one on here.
Maybe I am just the only one that sees forward thinking when it come to things like this, but what better way to
STFU, antis if we work to represent women.

Jokes aside, it actually is not a bad idea. Anything we can do to broaden our reach is a good thing. And, naturally, the 2A is for everyone: male and female, urban or rural, whatever socioeconomic status, all ethnic heritages, etc., as long as one is a responsible, law-abiding American.

She used to moderate on a preparedness forum (SMF-based) we ran some years back. We decided to give it up because we had a child on the way and we, rightly, guessed we'd no longer have time with a baby in the house.

And I get that brother. Family always comes first. But she would be perfect for the job.

I generally don't support affirmative action, or gender quotas.

However if this was to be done, @OldBroad44 would be my vote.
I would 2nd @OldBroad44, as she comes across as thoughtful and experienced as @AndyinEverson , is tough enough to make each and every one of us her bi+ch, and I like her reasoning.
Also nominate @NWGlockgal. @Kristina seems to be MIA (or more correctly, I haven't seen any posts from her in a while), tho' she would be a welcome moderator.

And I get that brother. Family always comes first. But she would be perfect for the job.

The time factor is better now. Toddlers are a little more manageable than a baby. I concur she would make a good addition, but, naturally, this would depend on her outlook and that of the site owner. :)

She is traveling at the present, but I PMed the Smurfy One the link to this thread to get her thoughts.

And the Blues Brothers gif likely isn't too far off the mark. :p

Whatever happened to Monica? I haven't seen her on the forum for a long time now. She was a good mod.

As for having female mods, I'm fine with it, and would certainly encourage a good female member who wanted to, to do so. I'd be happy to put a vote in for @TeacherSmurf if she were interested in the gig.

@Monica Cowles was a mod here for quite some time.

Not really sure what the point is here honestly. Being a mod at NWFA isn't gender specific or otherwise. Nor is it up to a "vote".

Thread closed until @Joe Link can review it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads