JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hey, I was sitting here today thinking about the website at Northwest firearms, and I realize that we work hard here from what I've seen to keep the forum family friendly, and we have even set up areas for women that own firearms. But one thing I was looking at, that is missing from this website is not just a area for women, but representation of women here. I have no doubt there are some very strong women that would do an awesome job in helping to moderate on this website. It's something I thought about after I made a post today, that I thought was partially insensitive to our female members. I have nothing to do with this site other than being a supporting member. But I see an avenue here to help welcome women more openly accepted to the site. I also think it is not enough to simply say we invite women here, we need to stand behind that and look at having a moderator here that can help give a healthy perspective to the website.

I for one, would like to see more open representation and transparency. I have seen this site, look at political correctness for political parties, when they are not represented properly here. Meaning there are many Democrats that owned firearms, so we want to make sure we are Democrat friendly.( not my views, but is what is taught here).
What I find about that statement that has been used throughout this forum, is we have missed a see huge opportunity to make the womenfolk here feel represented. More so than simply political parties.
Some may disagree and say, we don't need to have positions based on somebody's specific gender. I totally 100% disagree. It is not a matter of a member being represented by gender. It is making sure we allow the specific vision from women to be supported here. Not just by members, but by staff itself. I think it goes a long ways as well to have women on staff to show were not simply giving lipservice, when we say women are welcome here.

Thanks

DH

Tagged
@Joe Link

Dont think there are any women that get on the site enough to moderate. Maybe Andy could identify as a ... never mind.:p

No problem with women, minorities, or any other "group" having a say here or anywhere else as long as they're pro-freedom and pro-Constitution.

I've read literally countless articles and stories of women, minorities, LGBTQ, etc who alway start with, "I expected ..." to be shunned or ridiculed when I went into the gun store, range, whatever and it always ends with, "I was accepted"... yep, every damn time. Even lefty outlets like HuffPo, WaPo, NYT, etc.

We are a very tolerant and accepting group for the most part... the more the merrier.

We also tend to be a very "politically incorrect" group where very little is considered off limits... skin-up, pussy... this could get rough.

Personally, I have no desire to change that. Our community is of the "Warrior Culture" and has, at the very least, a spirit of comraderie born out of actual combat, self preservation, preservation of individual liberty, or some combination of the above... mall ninjas and Fudds may (or may not) be on our side, but that makes them unreliable. You can call me any name available... Honkey, mall ninja, white nationalist, NAZI, fascist. None of it means sh*t to me unless I'm spoiling for a fight (which I have to assume the name-caller is up for... lets dance...).

More of anybody is good for our side. Women would be great. But if they're anything like my own woman (relax, she says I'm her man), then there wouldn't be much divergence as far as point of view goes.

As a member that is on the site a lot I think that would be a great idea. Down fall would be I am not sure that we have a female member that is on enough to be a mod.

As noted we are a firearm site for all...
If a female member wanted to be a MOD , I am sure that she would make a excellent and welcomed member of both our forum and MOD team.

I think it is a simple matter of more male forum members than female forum members....
Andy

So hey guys, think about it? Maybe there should be a drive to find one on here.
Maybe I am just the only one that sees forward thinking when it come to things like this, but what better way to
STFU, antis if we work to represent women.

In fact many of you including Andy I think help make the point there are not allot of women here, maybe because
men from top to bottom. So maybe thats where we can get a stronger voice is be more welcoming, and by that I don't mean open a women section. I mean make it a goal to fill those shoes. More women own firearms then ever before...........however you would not know that here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads