JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh boy... so "no reasonable expectation of privacy" no longer matters. Why then can shows like Live PD show DUI testing being administered? They get those people to sign a release??? :confused::(

Its not so much stops, but when you're at a home or somewhere "sensitive" like a bathroom. Everywhere you go, you're recording. Say something comes back to you later or someone else says "did you see xyz at that house"? We figured we'd just go over footage, but then all these questions about whether it qualified as plain-sight after the fact, and what happens if you go back? With the ACLU making a stink, the kybosh got dropped with many agencies.

Its not so much stops, but when you're at a home or somewhere "sensitive" like a bathroom. Everywhere you go, you're recording. Say something comes back to you later or someone else says "did you see xyz at that house"? We figured we'd just go over footage, but then all these questions about whether it qualified as plain-sight after the fact, and what happens if you go back? With the ACLU making a stink, the kybosh got dropped with many agencies.

Record me in the bathroom, you're just going to get a lot of rude noise!!! :p

I prefer my Glock 17 for home defense. I can't use my AR with one hand and I feel I have more control with my Glock. I'm more confident with it but I could see that training with my AR could put it in the running for a good home defense option.

Just remember, 80% of people shot with a pistol, walk away from it. 62% of people shot with a rifle, die.
True. It could be all about the right AR too. My AR with the 18" barrel might not be the best option. I'm sure there are others that would be better suited for home defense. It's definitely worth considering.

Use an AK47 then since that had a certain amount of recoil associated with it.
I might greatly enjoy Aks and SKS's. And ARs in 6.5 Grendel, and 7.62x39, and 50 beowulf. Now do not get me wrong I like ARs in .223. They just are more practical and less fun to shoot for me. I say this as I sit by an absolutely fantastic .223 AR cerakoted by Jeremy.

Goes by agency. The more liberal cities have made it so you can't refer to camera footage unless your actions are being investigated. So no, you can't watch to see where he pitched the gun or dope during a foot pursuit.

What the hell? That is so azz-backwards it boggles the mind. :eek:

I prefer my Glock 17 for home defense. I can't use my AR with one hand and I feel I have more control with my Glock. I'm more confident with it but I could see that training with my AR could put it in the running for a good home defense option.

Awwww, you'd like my faux SBR with the 10.5" barrel.... it's just right for around the house!!! One hand, two hand, left hand, right hand, just like Steven Seagal.

What exactly makes an AR pistol? Is it size? Caliber? Style?
I'd say length of barrel, and lack of a shoulder stock. My 10.5" pistol has a Shockwave cheek brace on it.
To expand on what @bbbass is referring...

According to the ATF;

Anything with barrel length over 16" and with shoulder stock, either a shotgun or a rifle

Everything with a barrel length under 16 inch, without shoulder stock, and can be fired by one hand is a pistol if the barrel is rifled, a Firearm if smoothbore (12ga type) (angled foregrips are OK apparently)

Anything with short barrels with a shoulder stock as defined by the ATF :rolleyes: is a SBR or SBS

Anything that has two Vertical Foregrips either becomes an AOW or SBR

Edit. I might be wrong on the AOW (Any Other Weapon) category though.

Relaxed the standard of accountability on LE? Are you kidding? Since I began in 2005, we are firing more people now for the most petty things, than we ever have. We've passed laws to make criminal prosecution easier. We have to wear cameras everywhere that can't be used as evidence against anyone but the officer.
I always thought the body camera was to protect LE in difficult situations to show adequate protocol was used.

A somewhat related note...
I wish that someone would make a traditional styled muzzleloading rifle , say patterned after a Henry Leman rifle ...that was scaled down to fit a female shooter.
With that said I have taught more that a few gals how to load , shoot and maintain a muzzleloader with my Hawken rifle copy...but they all have tended to say that the heavy 36 inch barrel and overall weight of 10 pounds is a bit awkward.
A easier to handle rifle may make for more shooters....

Having also taught more that a few females to shoot and maintain the M16 series of rifles and Carbines while in the Army , I can say that , that design was easy to teach , and the gals were quick to learn.

As for the police and body cams...
I can understand the why of them...but can also understand how its a hindrance to the job and peace of mind as well....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top