JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General (OIG) said FEMA had shared financial records and other sensitive information of people who had participated in an emergency shelter program after being displaced by hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria and the California wildfires in 2017.

The Inspector General's office said FEMA had shared participants' home addresses and bank account information with the contractor, along with necessary information like their names and birthdates.

News from Reuters: FEMA Error Exposes 2.3 Million Disaster Survivors to Fraud

:eek:

FEMA is a disaster.

I was in Pass Christian, Mississippi for seven months after Katrina rebuilding homes as a volunteer. FEMA employees would check on locals living in FEMA trailers, but would not go inside of them. They told me it was because there were unacceptable health risks to prolonged formaldehyde exposure in the trailers. Okay for others; not for them.:eek:

I would not be shocked if FEMA (.gov) exposes all of the people who carry flood insurance ($$$) 'just in case' to protect themselves even if the risk of a flood is not that high.

When I read this on several news websites the other day, all I could think of is that this is one more thing ADDED to the mess that those people have to live with and DEAL with.

It is sad but I am not shocked.

Cate

When I came home from the office last night, I told my wife and she responded with something like "sheesh, no need for Russian hackers to do it, our own government has it handled ..." :s0112:

FEMA is a disaster.

I was in Pass Christian, Mississippi for seven months after Katrina rebuilding homes as a volunteer. FEMA employees would check on locals living in FEMA trailers, but would not go inside of them. They told me it was because there were unacceptable health risks to prolonged formaldehyde exposure in the trailers. Okay for others; not for them.:eek:

Sounds sort of like why you can't pump your own gasoline in OR.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top