JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Let me preface by saying that I'm not a lawyer but I do believe … The above statement is true. For example, if it was an AR, only the lower would need to go through the FFL. The upper could be handed to the buyer at any point. The lower could even be stripped and all part except the stripped lower could be given to the buyer legally before BGC paperwork started.

However, the buyer wanted OP to give the buyer a 10+ round mag, which in WA is illegal. The illegal mag would be the trouble.

I wonder if you just "accidentally" dropped your 10+ magazines on the ground not noticing and walked away. It's not illegal to lose 10+ mags, is it? What about finding 10+ mags in a parking lot outside an FFL? Hmm.

I used to live in CA so I understand how ridiculous and infuriating these laws are. Luckily I don't live in WA. Unfortunately, I do live in in Portland. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I didn't want OP's mags and I have the text to prove it.

Not sure what is remotely problematic about it. I just bought a glock frame off of gunbroker, later I'll put a slide on it.

If a guy has a firearm to sell, again, only the regulated part has to go through the FFL.

If you have other guns that you decide to sell, so long as the regulated part goes through the FFL, it's irrelevant what you do with the rest of it, legally speaking.
This guy gets it.

Well said.
The entire mag ban is a waste of peoples time imo. Unfortunately its law in WA State.
To your point on slide separation if you are comfortable with that I get it do it.
Not comfortable myself doing that because I am not sure that it's the same as building a Glockenstein or AR for that matter. I have built several btw. Is this a gray area or black and white?
It's completely legal. It's like transferring an AR lower.

Let me preface by saying that I'm not a lawyer but I do believe … The above statement is true. For example, if it was an AR, only the lower would need to go through the FFL. The upper could be handed to the buyer at any point. The lower could even be stripped and all part except the stripped lower could be given to the buyer legally before BGC paperwork started.

However, the buyer wanted OP to give the buyer a 10+ round mag, which in WA is illegal. The illegal mag would be the trouble.

I wonder if you just "accidentally" dropped your 10+ magazines on the ground not noticing and walked away. It's not illegal to lose 10+ mags, is it? What about finding 10+ mags in a parking lot outside an FFL? Hmm.

I used to live in CA so I understand how ridiculous and infuriating these laws are. Luckily I don't live in WA. Unfortunately, I do live in in Portland. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Original post was written in a way it was unclear what exactly was propositioned.

Original post was written in a way it was unclear what exactly was propositioned.
Well, since you brought it up this was exactly my 'take' on the original post.

Until Bigbird posted a followup I was having a hard time understanding what the OP was describing however I deduced it had something to do with 10 + mags but still couldn't determine if he was trying to sell - or buy.

Hint to the OP - in the future please proofread your posts and correct any grammatical or structural errors before you post so as to negate any confusion.

I've been asked to become a felon at least once maybe twice in the classifieds here over the years, thanks but no.

Thanks Michael,

I hear all sorts of dealings going on with Mag transfers that would be in violation of our Unconstitutional laws in WA.

I want to purchase my neighbor's pc charger but do not want to go down the AW transfer road with what is currently going on.

I am "medium plus" on the paranoid scale.

Transferring a 10+ mag is illegal in WA. The method used to affect said transfer is irrelevant. It seems, from the context of your question, that your intent was to somehow break the law without breaking the law.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads