JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Snowball Thrown at Officer Draws Felony for Boy, 13, Outrage From Residents - South Austin - DNAinfo.com Chicago

Just from the headline I get a What, The *!$!* reaction.
"According to police, a 13-year-old boy was charged as a juvenile with felony aggravated battery against a police officer Wednesday after he hit the officer in the arm with a snowball while the officer was parked in his vehicle in the 4900 block of West Congress Parkway about 3:20 p.m."

"But according to Ray Fields, an educator and resident of the block, the charge and arrest were justified.

"If [the boy] had gotten away with it, who's to say what they'd do next? If it doesn't stick to them now, they'll be 16 or 17, and they'll have a gun,"

Now that I have read the article, I would use a different title
Snowballs - Gateway Weapon to Gun Violence.

This reminds me, of that movie Classic, "Alice's Restaurant" with Arlo sitting on the Group W Bench, for "Littering........ And........ Creating a Nuisance".

I could Potentially view the charge of "Simple Battery, or Battery" whichever Texas has... But AGGRAVATED has a connotation to it of beyond just Battery

Y/N ?????

philip

While EVERYONE knows my stance on leos..
However.. I do think the punk kid should have at least recieved some kind of punishment..

Punk kids shouldnt be hitting anybody with anything unless its "consensual" by all parties and it really shows a lack of respect (by the teenager) for others in general..
Again, we're seeing more and more of this "Here and now techno-web sociopathic youth generation."

Be it caused by lack of parental supervision, media, too much drugs (or not enough), video games, other various visual desensitization stimulants.. Seems like respect, morals and empathy are out the window and social media "selfies", cyber bullying, knockout games , premarital, unplanned or even preteen pregnancies are "in".

A felony though, is absolutely ridiculous.

The officer should be charged with being a wuss. When I was a kid, the cop would have peppered me back and laughed about it.

True.
I guess its all perception.
If the cop saw it as an act of juvenile aggression well then yeah, He'd get the kid in "some" hot water. If he saw it as playfulness dealt by a mere child then he'd probably toss a snowball back.

13 is a little too old to be totally child like innocent nowadays.

and police wonder why their communities don't help them solve crimes. When you treat your neighborhood that your supposed to be protecting as a military occupation, the citizens aren't going to treat them well.

The officer should be charged with being a wuss. When I was a kid, the cop would have peppered me back and laughed about it.

I agree. Totally.
But in today's world, the officer would of been hammered by the media and wuss public for abusing a child. You see folks, this is what happens when the attorneys and judges run our lives...

While EVERYONE knows my stance on leos..
However.. I do think the punk kid should have at least recieved some kind of punishment..

Punk kids shouldnt be hitting anybody with anything unless its "consensual" by all parties and it really shows a lack of respect (by the teenager) for others in general..
Again, we're seeing more and more of this "Here and now techno-web sociopathic youth generation."

Be it caused by lack of parental supervision, media, too much drugs (or not enough), video games, other various visual desensitization stimulants.. Seems like respect, morals and empathy are out the window and social media "selfies", cyber bullying, knockout games , premarital, unplanned or even preteen pregnancies are "in".

A felony though, is absolutely ridiculous.
Probably would have been better outcome if the cop had just got out of the car and threw one back at the kid BUT THEN AGAIN MOM WOULD HAVE CRIED POLICE BRUTALLY

Back in the day, you just went to the kids parents. Problem solved.

Now, parents don't believe their angel could do any wrong.

The parents who discipline their kids, get visits from CPS.

If you throw one back, police brutality.

Add body cams and dash cams and cell phone cans, and you lose the ability to give warnings because any time you don't make an arrest and the idiot does something to someone else, you're now liable because he should have been in jail when he and his hoodlum friends tortured a special needs kid because he supports Trump.

Absolutely absurd & clearly shows what cowards we employ at the police dept.
Worst case scenario the little piggy could of gave the child a good scare & warned him/her of the consequences of their actions.......
now this child's life is ruined, felony charge on his record, chances of decent employment reduced by 40%, renting an apt will be a nightmare, visiting other countries IE Canada , Australia, Etc, Ruined for life! I'm getting fed up with these nefarious laws & am counting the days until the people finally take back what's rightfully theirs.

But if the kid is a typical Olympia trustafarian, he probably wouldn't have turned out to be more than a skinny jean wearing, greasy headed, neck beard sporting, mouthy aspiring tattoo artist who only drinks beer with 4 word names like Cascadian Imperial Nutlicker Stout.

Back in the day, you just went to the kids parents. Problem solved.

Now, parents don't believe their angel could do any wrong.

The parents who discipline their kids, get visits from CPS.

If you throw one back, police brutality.

Add body cams and dash cams and cell phone cans, and you lose the ability to give warnings because any time you don't make an arrest and the idiot does something to someone else, you're now liable because he should have been in jail when he and his hoodlum friends tortured a special needs kid because he supports Trump.
my as$ would be grass if i did somethin like that when i was 13

y5av0.jpg

f60f968070f21ba3f1b42d856e26a10f921fda19.jpg

Oh yeah, I woulda got it good.
moms spankins with hangers,wooden spoons, her hand on my bare a$$ werent bad. it was when dad got home from work and we(my brother and i)heard the distinct sound of a leather belt come out of the loops and his leatherman hit the floor... couple of lickins ended up bein lessons well learned later in life.

now its child abuse.

pu$$ification of America i tell ya!!!

i'll tell you what, my kid is almost 3 and he is the toughest 3yr old ive ever seen. i dont let him cry when he falls down and scrapes his knee or runs into something. i am comforting when hes trully upset or hurt and parent him the right way in my eyes. i have let him know its OK to be tough and "get back on the horse when he falls off" and that crying doesnt make it better... trying harder the next time makes it better.

tough love is what me and my brother always had.i mean, ive never heard my mother or father say they love me that i can remember but, their actions spoke for themselves. my brother and i turned out OK.

i for damn sure show and tell my son that i love him. multiple times a day.

i just hope i can be atleast 1/2 the dad that my dad is. he's an even better grandpa!

:s0137:

rant over

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top