Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Felony?! for a Child !?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RicInOR, Feb 21, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Snowball Thrown at Officer Draws Felony for Boy, 13, Outrage From Residents - South Austin - DNAinfo.com Chicago

Just from the headline I get a What, The *!$!* reaction.
    "According to police, a 13-year-old boy was charged as a juvenile with felony aggravated battery against a police officer Wednesday after he hit the officer in the arm with a snowball while the officer was parked in his vehicle in the 4900 block of West Congress Parkway about 3:20 p.m."

"But according to Ray Fields, an educator and resident of the block, the charge and arrest were justified.

"If [the boy] had gotten away with it, who's to say what they'd do next? If it doesn't stick to them now, they'll be 16 or 17, and they'll have a gun,"

Now that I have read the article, I would use a different title
    Snowballs - Gateway Weapon to Gun Violence.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Probably was the star school quarterback and the officer got an owie.
    NOT

3. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

This reminds me, of that movie Classic, "Alice's Restaurant" with Arlo sitting on the Group W Bench, for "Littering........ And........ Creating a Nuisance".

I could Potentially view the charge of "Simple Battery, or Battery" whichever Texas has... But AGGRAVATED has a connotation to it of beyond just Battery

Y/N ?????

philip

RicInOR and (deleted member) like this.
  4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

While EVERYONE knows my stance on leos..
    However.. I do think the punk kid should have at least recieved some kind of punishment..

Punk kids shouldnt be hitting anybody with anything unless its "consensual" by all parties and it really shows a lack of respect (by the teenager) for others in general..
    Again, we're seeing more and more of this "Here and now techno-web sociopathic youth generation."

Be it caused by lack of parental supervision, media, too much drugs (or not enough), video games, other various visual desensitization stimulants.. Seems like respect, morals and empathy are out the window and social media "selfies", cyber bullying, knockout games , premarital, unplanned or even preteen pregnancies are "in".

A felony though, is absolutely ridiculous.

5. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

The officer should be charged with being a wuss. When I was a kid, the cop would have peppered me back and laughed about it.

6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

True.
    I guess its all perception.
    If the cop saw it as an act of juvenile aggression well then yeah, He'd get the kid in "some" hot water. If he saw it as playfulness dealt by a mere child then he'd probably toss a snowball back.

13 is a little too old to be totally child like innocent nowadays.

7. idahoan

idahoan Boise, Idaho Active Member

and police wonder why their communities don't help them solve crimes. When you treat your neighborhood that your supposed to be protecting as a military occupation, the citizens aren't going to treat them well.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I agree. Totally.
    But in today's world, the officer would of been hammered by the media and wuss public for abusing a child. You see folks, this is what happens when the attorneys and judges run our lives...