JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just discovered this in researching the legality of gun registration since some states, like California and NY, are trying to pass or have passed legislation requiring registration of some or all firearms. It turns out supreme court has ruled that felons can't be charged as it would be self incrimination since they aren't allowed to have a firearm and the 5 th amendment protects against self incrimination. However other court case since have ruled that does not apply to non felons. So why require registration. As far as I know northwest states have not yet come up with any bills that would require registrants but if they do we could advise our reps that it is pointless unless they are really just planning on confiscating guns in the future... this is a good read

The Fifth Amendment, Self-Incrimination, and Gun Registration

Last Edited:
Nice find, and it is a good read. This is a good question to pose to anyone who is anti gunnning. I have been aking for some educated and intelligent input for gun control from anti gunners and am still waiting. I know that it will never happen but I still pose the question. What I am finding along the way is more and more compelling evidence like this for the pro gun cause.

I also try and keep an open mind but it gets harder all the time. I have a co worker who is now a legal citizen, he is from a country that was devistated by war. None of that has any bearing but he made a comment to me and said
"After they come and take all your guns, then come talk to me".
It is this mindset that bothers me, people who are willing to wait and see what they do. We can not afford to wait and see. We need to be proactive and educate and inform people, take people target shooting etc...

I took my girlfriend shooting it was the first time in her life she ever shot a gun, the second time out her adult kids came with. They all had a blast, the girlfriend was giggling everytime she squeezed the trigger on the AR.

Her sister seems to be anti gun, and asked her a couple of questions. First one was how can you be around them. The second question was how are you ok with them knowing that guns primary reason is to kill. I think the second question is a very valid question. One that most of us have considered when we took a concealed class.
Yes, guns are made primarily to kill. I also know which end of it I want to be on if all hell breaks out !!!

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get a few things off my chest. :)

That is not the way I read the article. You are only protected from prosecution if you are ready a felon. Several people who were not previously felons tried to use the Haynes case precedence as an argument for why they couldn't be prosecuted but the lost in each case. It makes for an interesting and shocking double standard.

I just discovered this in researching the legality of gun registration since some states, like California and NY, are trying to pass or have passed legislation requiring registration of some or all firearms. It turns out supreme court has ruled that felons can't be charged as it would be self incrimination since they aren't allowed to have a firearm and the 5 th amendment protects against self incrimination. However other court case since have ruled that does not apply to non felons. So why require registration. As far as I know northwest states have not yet come up with any bills that would require registrants but if they do we could advise our reps that it is pointless unless they are really just planning on confiscating guns in the future... this is a good read

I thought most people already knew about that decision, guess not.

Good find; I especially liked the article, "Raging Against Defense," on the main page.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top