JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not an approved video source but
Had to either be less than shells or he completely missed. No blood. It is very possible he just missed. Many are shocked to find out how easy it is to miss with a shotgun if the target is moving like that.

I'd be interested in knowing what type of 5.56 round it was...because 55 or 62g FMJ isn't creating sufficient wound channels compared to 77 or 90g SMK on tissue.

And no, this doesn't call for a shotgun. Better rounds and better shot placement will suite a greater variety of situations than a shotgun.
Unless you punch the brain stem / cerebellum, it does not matter.

You can destroy the heart muscle, and the assailant may have upwards of 2 minutes of fight in him before exsanguination renders him floppy.
Try going a full 2 minutes with a motivated fighter.

People willing to fight for their life will do exactly that.
People that fall down when shot do so because they think that is a natural occurrence.

Turn off the television and read a book or 5 if you truly want to understand this. It is messy and horrific, and hopefully we do not ever have to participate.

If we do have to, best be prepared mentally.

Mute this if rough language disturbs you.
Mods, edit this if need be. It is germane to the subject, however.

Man takes most of a full mag, lays down, gets back up.

Police long ago got rid of their shotguns in patrol vehicles and went to the AR 15 because it was a better tool for them.
The poice were our gunned by two bank robbers in North Hollywood California. They police had to go to gun store to get more firepower.

They wore body armor and took some drugs to minimize the pain if they were shot. Been so long to don't recall the drugs that they took.

Last Edited:
The poice were our gunned by two bank robbers in North Hollywood California. They police had to go to gun store to get more firepower.

They wore body armor and took some drugs to minimize the pain if they were shot. Been so long to don't recall the drugs that they took.
tumblr_mmb1slDvqu1r1t9kgo1_500.jpg

Phenobarbital??

Not enough info here to make any kind of judgement on what went down.
I will say, 5.56 generally doesn't do well using normal Mil-Spec ammo, ESPECALLY the 62 grain stuff!
I don't know what LEO ( This LEO specifically) is using, but it ain't workin! For terminal performance, you MUST use hollow points or really good soft points, and you compound that with the Shorty Carbines! I use and swear by the Hornady Black series SBR 77 grain Soft points, decent range and energy, with better then average accuracy, terminal performance using the Paul Harral rack of Ribs over a big arse ham, they crush bone and do massive tissue damage at all ranges tested out to 400 meters!

Most people's experience with gun shots is what they've seen in video games and movies. It should be obvious that most all of that is complete BS. Most gunshot wounds are actually psychological stops, not physical stops. It's the, "I've been shot, ouch, I'm going to comply now" that gets them to stop, not the physical destruction of their body's ability to continue. People who decide they are going to keep fighting, or are so blitzed they can't feel they've been hit, will keep going for a long time and remain a deadly threat for a long time.

You can destroy the heart muscle, and the assailant may have upwards of 2 minutes of fight in him before exsanguination renders him floppy.

People that fall down when shot do so because they think that is a natural occurrence.

Turn off the television and read a book or 5 if you truly want to understand this. It is messy and horrific, and hopefully we do not ever have to participate.

Democrats don't have brains.

Shot placement is key, Then it's load...but because the department isn't going to let you carry the Black Hills 77gr OTM's you bought, you're stuck with whatever they issue you.

Looks like he took the first two to the chest, obliquely. probably lung or sternal hits. Because his blood pressure was still good, and he didn't hit the brainstem, he kept on living. He definitely caved his chest a little after those first two rounds but took three more for him to fling that handgun. There's maybe half a second between round 2 and round 5 being fired. I don't think it's indicative of 5.56 being anemic because of a split second of coherence from the recipient. Unless you hit them in the 'stem you're not gonna get that "sack of potatoes" result.

I don't get this whole discussion. What are those that are saying the 5.56 rounds where not effective basing that on?

Life is not a video game and the expectation that ANY bullet of any type or caliber immediately shuts the lights off is kind of comical. Placement is the only determining factor and even then, it's not a 100% guarantee. You're certainly not going to produce that effect with any certainty with ANY shot to the body mass.

Watching the video you're looking at a mere second or so and the bad actor was rendered inactive and ultimately deceased. There is no indication that the very first round was not the kill shot and 5 was very likely overkill, but I'm certainly not saying that they were not warranted. I fully subscribe to the ethos that you keep pulling until the ghost has been given up.

Because all movement did not immediately cease after the first shot it is considered "ineffective"?? Maybe I need to readjust my perceptions... but I wasn't aware technology had advanced to the point that we now have full access to magic bullets. 🤣

I hit a bug down in New Mexico with my rental car's windshield going 90.. it cracked the windshield as if hit by a bullet.
Well I looked back and could see the bug doing circles still at windshield height so went to check it out.
By that time it had landed on the road and was crawling around.
Long story short, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Having participated, I am familiar. Thanks

I don't get this whole discussion. What are those that are saying the 5.56 rounds where not effective basing that on?

Life is not a video game and the expectation that ANY bullet of any type or caliber immediately shuts the lights off is kind of comical. Placement is the only determining factor and even then, it's not a 100% guarantee. You're certainly not going to produce that effect with any certainty with ANY shot to the body mass.

Watching the video you're looking at a mere second or so and the bad actor was rendered inactive and ultimately deceased. There is no indication that the very first round was not the kill shot and 5 was very likely overkill, but I'm certainly not saying that they were not warranted. I fully subscribe to the ethos that you keep pulling until the ghost has been given up.

Because all movement did not immediately cease after the first shot it is considered "ineffective"?? Maybe I need to readjust my perceptions... but I wasn't aware technology had advanced to the point that we now have full access to magic bullets. 🤣
I think most people find it surprising that you can put multiple rounds into a human torso and the end result isn't immediate. Hell, when I have trained young soldiers on room clearing they are surprised when I tell them to shoot until the target stops moving and not the old "2 to the chest 1 to the head bullbubblegum that hollywood taught them. I remember when I was a kid some old timer told me that "if you can't do it in 7, you shouldn't be carrying". Now obviously that's nonsense, but it like many other falsehoods are pervasive in the firearms community.

Last Edited:
I think most people find it surprising that you can put multiple rounds into a human torso and the end result isn't immediate. Hell, when I have trained young soldiers on room clearing they are surprised when I tell them to shoot until the target stops moving and not the old "2 to the chest 1 to the head bullbubblegum that hollywood taught them. I remember when I was a kid some old timer told me that "if you can't do it in 7, you shouldn't be carrying". Now obviously that's nonsense, but it like many other falsehoods are pervasive in the firearms community.
I have hammered that with the Wife. Telling her if she is home and someone gets in, shoot and keep shooting until they go down and stay down. It's why her bedside gun holds 18 rounds. The rifle 33 rounds. Have told her she does not have to exactly mag dump but, fire as fast as she can hit and not stop firing if the person is still standing there. That after they go down do NOT go near them, get away, call 911, let the people who show up "check on them".

Several decades of nice, clean television would be my guess.

If the screen showed what really happens, people would stop buying TV Dinners or ordering pizza deliveries.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top