JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did you expect different?

No, not only LEOs are exempt but all of our rulers.

The laws they enact don't apply to them after all they're our elites not serfs living in fly-over country and in urban hovels. Of course THEIR families are important and worthy of protection. It's good to be the king.

Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials | The Weekly Standard

Not everyone will have to abide by Senator Dianne Feinstein's gun control bill. If the proposed legislation becomes law, government officials and others will be exempt.

"Mrs. Feinstein's measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel," the Washington Times reports.

The Huffington Post confirms these exemptions, and adds that guns owned prior to the legislation becoming law will be permissible, too. "[T]he bill includes a number of exemptions: It exempts more than 2,200 hunting and sporting weapons; any gun manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action; any weapons used by government officials and law enforcement; and any weapons legally owned as of the date of the bill's enactment."

The bill's measures include stopping "the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named military-style firearms and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It would also ban an additional group of assault weapons that accept detachable ammunition magazines and have at least one military characteristic," according to the Huffington Post.

The left-leaning website adds: "Other new provisions include requiring background checks on all future transfers of assault weapons covered under the bill and eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original ban to expire."

I knew this was coming but my blood is still boiling. Anybody who stupidly thinks this is anything but another power grab is brain dead.

I could see LEO's only. Not house reps,etc.

WHAT???

I cant see any exemptions!
wording like that is alreading giving in to what they want.. Thats how they get it.. Go big and settle for a compormise. Then renegotiate again until there is nothing left. If its good enough for LEO then its good enough for all people.
nothing short of that is acceptable!!

What I haven't figured out is how "assault weapons" are designed to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible, but the police need them. Why do the police need to kill We the Peons as quickly as possible? Why are such weapons effective for self defence in the hands of the police, but not in the hands of We the Peons? The police are dealing with the same vicious lowlifes that threaten the Proles, with the difference that they have lots of well-armed backup not available to us. To those who say the police are trained, I reply that my firearms skills exceed those of most of the minions of Leviathan.

Oh - one more thing. Sidwell Friends has 11 armed responders aside from the Leibstandarte protecting the Obama children. Why is armed security effective at protecting the spawn of Beltway Plutocrats, but not the children of the Productive Sector of Society?

It's apparent to Feinstein that she must single out the most honest, trustworthy and decent people in the country to be exempted from her proposed bill – that's her and other "government officials" in congress, etc. It's the unwashed masses - the unworthy 320 million people in this country – that must be restricted and controlled.

The arrogance just makes my blood boil. I say all or nothing, they want these guns banned then they get banned for everyone, including LEO's and ruling elite. I don't know what's worse, the politicians who come up with this garbage or the idiots who vote for them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top