JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got hit with the flu on 12/30/16. Felt pretty weak, and the next day the Missus and I spent 4 hours splitting firewood because we were almost out. I thought maybe I could sweat the cold away.

Nope.

Three weeks later, and this is the first week I've felt semi-normal. Today is the first day I feel pretty darn good. It's been a looooong time since I've had a cold that bad.

But the cold is mostly over; we've got a new President; the sun is out, and the 24 inches of snow is starting to melt. I'm feeling much better.

I think I'll celebrate by buying a gun either today or maybe this weekend. I'm thinking either a pocket pistol (Sig P238 or Colt Mustang), or if I feel like a big spender, maybe a Colt Defender .45.

So relieved that foty-fooa is out of there and Trump is in.
Poor wittle snowflakes are once again crying there crocodile tears....
I had 47 lines typed but felt that the mods might see them as an attack on all libs in general, even the gun owning ones here so I deleted them.
Godspeed president Trump!!!

Good you are feeling better.
Might want to take a look at SIG P938 as well, if you like 1911 type controls.

Yep. I have done that. But the Missus has a P238 and I want to keep our ammunition options simple: .45 and .380 ACP. My main defensive carry will be the Colt Defender .45, and the .380 will be a summer option.

At the moment, I'm kind of leaning toward getting the Defender first, in honor of our 45th President. Once the weather warms up, then I'll shop for the .380.

I got hit with the flu on 12/30/16. Felt pretty weak, and the next day the Missus and I spent 4 hours splitting firewood because we were almost out. I thought maybe I could sweat the cold away.

Nope.

Three weeks later, and this is the first week I've felt semi-normal. Today is the first day I feel pretty darn good. It's been a looooong time since I've had a cold that bad.

But the cold is mostly over; we've got a new President; the sun is out, and the 24 inches of snow is starting to melt. I'm feeling much better.

I think I'll celebrate by buying a gun either today or maybe this weekend. I'm thinking either a pocket pistol (Sig P238 or Colt Mustang), or if I feel like a big spender, maybe a Colt Defender .45.

That was not a cold my friend, you most likely had some version of the flu going around. It has been hitting the NW HARD. Glad its run it's course and you're on the mend.
I had to get some sleep and missed the swearing in. Am listening to it now and it felt GREAT. Putting a lot of hope in this new POTUS.

Yeah, I use "flu" and "cold" interchangeably. I've never been good at making the distinction. From my point of view, sick is sick.

Yeah, I use "flu" and "cold" interchangeably. I've never been good at making the distinction. From my point of view, sick is sick.

I hear that, miserable is what it should be called. HATE it when it happens to me. I got some version of it this year but the anti stuff they gave us must have helped. I took a 5 day weekend and got sick the last 2 days of it. Could not get warm and spent 2 days in bed no appetite. Must have slept 40 damn hours in those 2 days. By 3d day I was feeling human enough to head back to the grind so I did real well compared to many around me here. Maybe I should treat myself to a new gun too? :eek::eek::)

Yep. I have done that. But the Missus has a P238 and I want to keep our ammunition options simple: .45 and .380 ACP. My main defensive carry will be the Colt Defender .45, and the .380 will be a summer option.

At the moment, I'm kind of leaning toward getting the Defender first, in honor of our 45th President. Once the weather warms up, then I'll shop for the .380.
The two I settled on are 45 and 9mm.
I don't think I could handload 9mm with jacketed bullets and come out cheaper than store-bought right now.
Maybe with plated bullets I could save a bit.

With respect, if you had the flu...I mean the real honest to goodness flu...you'd know the difference.

A lot of (mostly guys) do this. They "know" they don't have a "cold" but tend to call it that. We get sick and then REALLY sick, and it becomes a generic term. Those who get vaccinated also often get flu but it does not put them all the way down. I suspect that's what happened to me. It's been REALLY bad here this year again. Hospitals were packed to the gills.

The two I settled on are 45 and 9mm.
I don't think I could handload 9mm with jacketed bullets and come out cheaper than store-bought right now.
Maybe with plated bullets I could save a bit.

I keep the stuff to roll 9mm just in case but long ago stopped bothering. If I buy in bulk I could save a little. It just comes out to so little it's not worth the time to me. Still nice to have all the stuff in just in case though. During the last great panic I almost had to start. Got down to my last case of ammo that I was not going to shoot up before it finally started to show up at "normal price" again.

A lot of (mostly guys) do this. They "know" they don't have a "cold" but tend to call it that. We get sick and then REALLY sick, and it becomes a generic term. Those who get vaccinated also often get flu but it does not put them all the way down. I suspect that's what happened to me. It's been REALLY bad here this year again. Hospitals were packed to the gills.

"It's a guy thing," as in "it's only a flesh wound!"

For a few days I actually thought I had pneumonia. My lungs were filling with crap because the cold medicines don't use pseudo-ephedrine anymore and I didn't realize what I bought used that "phenyl-" something crap. Anyway, I could hardly breathe without feeling I was choking. Of course, the 0°(F) cold wave over here didn't help.

I finally got some of the real stuff (but only a small amount because meth) by providing the pharmacy with my identification which they scanned. So the gov't knows I was sick.

That helped clear me up a bit.

That cold/flu was the worst I've had in years.

Dang! Nobody has what I want in town.

I'll have to order it, which means a wait of perhaps a couple weeks or more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top