JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of buying a Ruger HM77R Hawkeye Predator .223 Comes with scope rings,original box papers etc. Also has a Boyd's Stock installed.

Original owner says about 100 rounds through it.

What do you think is a fair price?

Also any one experienced with this gun, pro's/con's ?

Thanks in advance.

Ehhh...
The "Boyds" stock is factory, unless he changed it to a different one.
The laminate(provided it IS the factory one) MAY OR MAY NOT actually come from Boyds.
Rutland Plywood Corp. is who builds 99.99999% of ALL laminates in the US. They then get cut-out, or finished by someone; Boyds being the largest finisher/builder on those blanks.

The predators on my side of the state are about $700 new. However they ACTUALLY sell for the same as a standard hawkeye. The stock is a tad fuggly for most folks. So I say about
$5-550.

Check for yourself:
www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of firearms: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns.
Grabagun.com Guns ? Guns For Sale ? Grabagun.com Online Gun Store
Or check Buds

PERSONALLY The factory 2-stage trigger(same one as on the target model) is very nice. But not worth the $100 clams. Otherwise it is a regular hawkeye, with a SLIGHTLY fatter barrel, and a goofy green lam stock.
Trigger Springs|Aluminum Pillar|Pillar Bedding|Gunsmithing Sells trigger springs for $5 and makes a WORLD of difference. For the best possible trigger IMO, get a:
http://spec-tech-industries.com
A better product than Timney, I think; and a local.

Check out a Tikka at a gunshop and compare how smooth the bolt and trigger are compared to the ruger and the Tikkas guarantee sub moa out of the box. I'm not saying the ruger is a bad gun but there are better guns in that price range Tikka being one of them. I think fit and finish is better on the Tikka as well. I love ruger's revolvers but their rifles leave something to be desired :s0159:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top