JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 101st had the largest serpentariam (spelling) in Asia during the Vietnam War. These snakes, Cobras, Bamboo Vipers, Constrictors were used during the week of training before one was sent out to duck AK rounds. Anyway, I happened to be looking at the Cobra pit when a Sgt came over and tossed a rat into the pit that held the Cobras. The rat sort of shook off and started cleaning itself when it stopped and stared straight into the eyes of a Cobra about 6 inches away. That rat just fell over, out cold. I don't know if it had a heart attack or fainted from fright, but it never woke up as that Cobra munched it down.

Last Edited:
I used to have a job much like this. It's about as mundane as it looks in the video, though you definitely need to keep on your toes. Monocled and spectacled cobras are some of the feistiest too.

Last Edited:
Well, you've gotta be almost as old as me to remember, but down on the coast near Gearhart, there used to be a reptile zoo called the Cobra Gardens. It was probably 1966 or there abouts.

They had big fish tanks full of cobras, mambas, rattle snakes, pythons, boas, and more. The only time I was ever there, it was feeding day. One at a time they'd drop a mouse in each aquarium. Incredible the efficiency that these critters exhibited in off-ing the cute little mice, only to gorge it into their mouths while struggling to swallow it.

Before they fed them, as I'd walk by each aquarium, all of the snakes remained absolutely motionless, except the cobras! Walking by the cobras, each of them would try to bite you thru the glass. Over and over, they'd bash their faces on the glass while trying to get me. Somewhat un-nerving. And all the cobras had bashed-in faces from all the thousands of times they'd try to strike thru the glass. The cobras just never learned.:eek:

WAYNO.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Well, you've gotta be almost as old as me to remember, but down on the coast near Gearhart, there used to be a reptile zoo called the Cobra Gardens. It was probably 1966 or there abouts.

They had big fish tanks full of cobras, mambas, rattle snakes, pythons, boas, and more. The only time I was ever there, it was feeding day. One at a time they'd drop a mouse in each aquarium. Incredible the efficiency that these critters exhibited in off-ing the cute little mice, only to gorge it into their mouths while struggling to swallow it.

Before they fed them, as I'd walk by each aquarium, all of the snakes remained absolutely motionless, except the cobras! Walking by the cobras, each of them would try to bite you thru the glass. Over and over, they'd bash their faces on the glass while trying to get me. Somewhat un-nerving. And all the cobras had bashed-in faces from all the thousands of times they'd try to strike thru the glass. The cobras just never learned.:eek:

WAYNO.
Yeabut the one time there's no glass, blamo, no Wayno! lol

th?&id=OIP.M9676dd23f43bb08b6115ce87e0aef463o0&w=300&h=163&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Two friends are fishing in rattlesnake country and one of them gets bit.
He yells across the lake to his friend to go and get a doctor while he puts a tourniquet above the bite area.
The friend rushes off and finds that the doctor is busy helping a mother in a difficult labor and couldn't leave.
He rushes back to his friend with instructions on how to make an incision at the bite mark and suck the poison out.
"Where did you get bit?" asks the returning friend.
"I was taking a piss and that damn rattlesnake just jumped up and bit the end of my penis, so what did the doctor say?"
"He says you're gonna die."

Last Edited:
Good thing there's no flying snakes. o snap

flying-snake-scary-amazing-1038792.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR