JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
is it okay to go to the sauvie island wildlife area just for shooting? been trying to find a nice outdoor area i can go to for just range practice, everywhere around me is all indoor and has people that dont pay enough attention to what they are doing.

You don't say what you want to shoot outside. (A .308 is different than a shotgun is different than a .22 pistol is different....). Regardless, most of the island is private property but the public parts of the island is managed for geese and duck hunting. So I'm pretty sure that the answer on that is a resounding NO. You could call the ODFW of course to confirm. Here's the place to go where you won't be disturbing wildlife or worrying about where your bullets are ending up. Welcome to Tri-County Gun Club Tri county has multiple distance rifle ranges, pistol ranges, shotgun ranges, indoor .22 range etc etc. Douglas Ridge on the other side of town towards Estacada would work as well.

Good luck!

is it okay to go to the sauvie island wildlife area just for shooting? been trying to find a nice outdoor area i can go to for just range practice, everywhere around me is all indoor and has people that dont pay enough attention to what they are doing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top