JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

To the feds anything over 22LR is "High Powered"

I didn't see how close to the border they call "dealers near the Mexican border" that are affected, North Dakota maybe?

See this?

"Last month, a report by the Justice Department's inspector general criticized the agency's Operation Gunrunner as being narrowly focused on individual gun buyers and not larger smuggling organizations believed responsible for significant numbers of guns being shipped across the border."

Yep thier own Justice Department inspector general said that.

Well, if the ATF asks me if I've sold or transferred any "high powered rifle" I'll just have to say no because I don't consider it high power until it reaches the recoil-less rifle stage. So anything 50BMG or smaller is still small arms and not "high powered".:s0114:

ahhh, its not that big of a deal.

the tent. Then they can modify it as they go to implement at least registration and probably a full ban on any long gun sales anywhere in the US.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

<broken link removed>

WASHINGTON (AP) &#8212; A federal appeals court panel Friday unanimously upheld an Obama administration requirement that dealers in southwestern border states report when customers buy multiple high-powered rifles.

Read more: <broken link removed>

ahhh, its not that big of a deal.

Its not? Did I read this correctly then?

"Secondly, the reporting requirement applies only to those rifles having all of the following characteristics:

&#8226;: A semi-automatic action;

&#8226;: A caliber greater than .22; and

&#8226;: The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

These specific characteristics subject a very narrow group of long guns that have been identified by ATF and the Government of Mexico as being involved in violent crimes in Mexico to the reporting requirement."

Sorry, but this narrow group of guns represents a large portion of firearms in circulation.

Keith

Its not? Did I read this correctly then?

"Secondly, the reporting requirement applies only to those rifles having all of the following characteristics:

•: A semi-automatic action;

•: A caliber greater than .22; and

•: The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

These specific characteristics subject a very narrow group of long guns that have been identified by ATF and the Government of Mexico as being involved in violent crimes in Mexico to the reporting requirement."

Sorry, but this narrow group of guns represents a large portion of firearms in circulation.

Keith

Interestingly a M4 or M16A2 would not meet these requirements. First they are .22 caliber, second they are not semi-auto...:)

Holy thread ressurection, Batman!

No, read the linked news story in Post #7. A court has just upheld this practice, inferring that the practice is still in operation three years later. So much for it being a one year pilot program.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads