JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could be wrong, but I believe only the court (Judge) can declare someone incompetent or a danger.

Correct, but that's NOT what the gov't is doing. Now it just takes a vet consulting a psychiatrist about anything and your rights are stripped.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Right - this is really bad. If the VA can get away with this then the next thing is the EO Obama just put out about reporting patients Mental Health Care could automatically lead to loss of rights without due process.

The more I think about this it is really - really bad. It's needs a court challenge.

Correct, but that's NOT what the gov't is doing. Now it just takes a vet consulting a psychiatrist about anything and your rights are stripped.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Well, wait a minute!! Wouldn't that also have to include all retired police? How about fire fighters with PTSD? People who have been in automobile accidents, earthquakes, been the victim of an assault or violent crime, or have played Medal of Honor, Call of Duty or Halo too many times!! :angry:

Maybe it's just me but I'm a little skeptical of a news site that is mostly ads for cannabis and has feature articles by 9/11 truthers and another on ghosts.

Based on that rambling, poorly written article, it's a bit hard to identify exactly which Federal agency (the VA?) told him he would lose his rights. If he is willing to give up as much personal privacy as detailed in that article, they should have just posted the letter and let us read it for ourselves.

Regardless, if the Feds don't have the right to do that, then it's just a paper tiger. If they do, then perhaps someone can identify exactly what Federal law they are operating under. It's certainly not clear from what I just read.

He will be the first of many, sure it may be illegal and unconstitutional but Obama does not care, this is something that will be settled in court a few years from now. In the meantime many more people will be disarmed.

If any of these veterans or others with PTSD decide to fight back (in a physical way as opposed to the courts) they will be painted as a psycho my the MSM.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top