JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its a :yawn: If you remember the market corrected a few months ago when the Fed held off at the last minute. Heading back towards normalcy is a good thing - providing the Fed goes easy as she goes. Because the economic numbers are still inconsistent. Quarterly earnings are more of a concern than a 1/4 point bump.

I could see this in the short term. As a reaction to fear the stock market will flounder?
But if the economy continues to do fine. I could see metal prices continue to drop?

Other commodities like Oil should the same I would think?
As interest rates rise, the dollar rises, commodities go down. Including (manipulated) gold. Generally speaking. (Temporary shocks aside)

Rather like auctioning off an air guitar.
But wait, earning .0025 cents on a dollar worth nothing but a promise is the same thing!
I digress. op"s Question; savers up, lenders down

When home computers were still powerful enough to mine bitcoins I made enough to get a home entertainment system and some other stuff. Not bad for $50 of electricity that month.

Im not sure why bitcoins are not more accepted by firearms dealers. Plenty of places will instantly convert them to cash so there is no concern about volitility. it bypasses the whole Operation Choke Point where Obama made firearm business a risk to credit card companies. Fee's are about 1% compared to 3% for merchant accounts that still work with dealers.

has been dropping for weeks; it hit $37 yesterday which is below production costs. Venezuela is collapsing into a Black Hole. Baltic Dry Index is in the toilet as are all commodities outside PMs.
BTW for every 1 ounce of physical gold there have been an additional 300 ozs of non-existent gold sold on paper, or hypothecated (I believe that's the term)

So which one is the lie??

U.S. labor market strengthening, factories struggling
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits last week fell from a five-month high, suggesting sustained labor market healing that could lead to further Federal Reserve interest rate hikes next year.

"The labor market continues to stay tight with demand for workers strong and pockets of actual shortages in many industries. The Fed has achieved the employment part of its dual mandate and this is what triggered the rates liftoff yesterday," said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York.
>>>

US Manufacturing PMI Plunges To Lowest Since 2012 As Factory Orders Collapse To 2009 Lows
12/16/2015
Following the collapse in industrial production, it is no surprise that Markit's Manufacturing PMI has plunged to 51.3, its lowest since October 2012. Under the surface it is a disaster with production volume growth the softest since October 2013, and new orders crashed to worst since September 2009. Finally, don't shrug this off, although manufacturing only accounts for around one-tenth of the economy, the Manufacturing PMI exhibits a high correlation of 77% with GDP as industrial activity has an important cyclical impact on other parts of the economy.

What sucks for me is that I'm building a house and need to secure the mortgage ... Rates will go up, mortgage payments go up, bullet monies go down...
Not much yet, acquire a 30 year fixed mortgage if you can, tighten your belt, load your own bullets, drive the clunker and get it paid off in 15 you save a bunch.
Banks will cringe, Everything you pay over the fixed monthly payment must go to the principle. If you're hurten at 15, refinance a little just before you pay it off to buy the better car, go on vacation, and have a nice Christmas for a change, but have home buyers rate.
A year or two after that, you'll'' be free and clear.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top