JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://www.unitedstatesmilitia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3150

Excerpts from discussion at USM:

Gentlemen, I received notification from the commander of a "significant" militia at 0400 hrs this morning indicating a move to High alert status. The colonel verified that the the Michigan militia near Hutaree was raided at about that time. He has also incated that the sky is full of helicopters and "heavy equipment'" has been brought in. Additionally he indicates reports similar actions in California (unconfirmed.)

http://www.annarbor.com/news/bridgewater-township-turns-to-militia-for-help/

Info on cooperative SAR recently conducted with local police & militia group in the area:
And the partnership comes as the militia movement is exploding across the country, driven by fears of economic collapse and the potential for a crackdown on gun rights under the Obama administration, watchdog groups say.

About 50 militia members from five units live in Washtenaw County, militia leaders say. They are survivalists, who favor larger local government and a smaller federal government. Members are fiercely protective of their free speech and gun rights.

When Mull learned from Washtenaw County sheriff's deputies that a township woman was missing Jan. 13, she contacted local militia leader Jimmy Schiel.

“She said, ‘Hey, we need help to do a ground search for Anna-Maria Wheeker,” Schiel recalls of their phone conversation that morning. “I said, ‘So you want the militia?' And she said, ‘Yes.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/28/arrests-alleged-militia-activity-midwest/
Here's a story from FOX, apparently they are accusing several members of selling pipe bombs.

Seven people have been arrested for allegedly selling pipe bombs in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, Fox News has learned.

The arrests and raids in Michigan and Indianapolis are related to alleged militia activity in the region, but are not related to international terrorism. There is not a current threat to the public, according to a law enforcement source.

An official for the FBI's Michigan bureau said initial court appearances are expected in Michigan on Monday.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/fbi-conducts-raids-in-washtenaw-lenawee-counties/

Updated: FBI raids in Washtenaw, Lenawee counties tied to Michigan militia group
Posted: Today, 1 hour ago
29 Comments. Comment Now

The FBI conducted raids Saturday night in Washtenaw County and Lenawee County in an investigation involving members of Hutaree, a Christian-oriented militia group based in Lenawee County, AnnArbor.com has learned.

The nature of those raids has not been made public. FBI Special Agent Jason Pack, who is based in Washington, D.C., said he did not know how many people were taken into custody. Gina Balaya, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Detroit, could not be reached for comment today.

Local Michigan militia member Jimmy Schiel said he was told five people were arrested - including one known member of Hutaree. Schiel said the five were reportedly arrested during a raid at a service in the Ann Arbor area for a Hutaree member who died recently. Schiel was told about eight Hutaree members were present. Schiel, who said he was invited but did not attend, spoke to a Hutaree member who was at the service, he said.

Hutaree members couldn't be reached for comment today. As AnnArbor.com reported last week, several Hutaree members were recently involved in searches in Bridgewater Township after two residents went missing in separate incidents. Schiel worked closely with Hutaree members during those searches.

The Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia has not been targeted in any raids, spokesman Mike Lackomar said. The group posted a message on its website today saying, "Neither michiganmilitia.com nor the SMVM have been 'raided' by the FBI. We do nothing illegal."

The FBI set up a command post at the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department late last week. Sheriff's spokesman Derrick Jackson could not be reached this morning.

Several other raids took place around the same time in Ohio and Indiana, although it's unclear whether they were related. The Ohio raids took place in Sandusky and Huron, and the Indiana raid occurred in Hammond.

My point of view really doesn't mean squat to anyone but I saw how things worked out in the Ruby Ridge, Waco , Oaklahoma City days. All was a manipulation to gain power over us by the esclation of violence. I hope Americans handle things smarter this time. We can do better by bringing to everyones attention what is going on and who is responsible.

The truth will set us free.

jj

The Founders realized that the truth only woke people up to the fact that violence was the only way to make them free

They later proved the validity of that belief

<broken link removed>

ADRIAN, Mich. &#8211; The FBI said Sunday that agents conducted weekend raids in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio and arrested at least three people, and a militia leader in Michigan said the target of at least one of the raids was a Christian militia group.
Federal warrants were sealed, but a federal law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said some of those arrested face gun charges and officials are pursuing other suspects.
FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold said there had been activity in two southeast Michigan counties near the Ohio state line. She wouldn't say whether they were tied to the raids in the other states.
FBI spokesman Scott Wilson in Cleveland said agents arrested two people Saturday after raids in two towns in Ohio. A third arrest was made in northeast Illinois on Sunday, a day after a raid took place just over the border in northwest Indiana.
George Ponce, 18, who works at a pizzeria next door to a home raided in Hammond, Ind., said he and a few co-workers stepped outside for a break Saturday night and saw a swarm of law enforcement.
"I heard a yell, 'Get back inside!' and saw a squad member pointing a rifle at us," Ponce said. "They told us the bomb squad was going in, sweeping the house looking for bombs."
He said another agent was in the bushes near the house, and law enforcement vehicles were "all over." He estimated that agents took more than two dozen guns from the house.
Michael Lackomar, a spokesman for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, said one of his team leaders got a frantic phone call Saturday evening from members of Hutaree, a Christian militia group, who said their property in southwest Michigan was being raided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
"They said they were under attack by the ATF and wanted a place to hide," Lackomar said. "My team leader said, 'no thanks.' "
The team leader was cooperating with the FBI on Sunday, Lackomar said. He said SMVM wasn't affiliated with Hutaree, which states on its Web site to be "prepared to defend all those who belong to Christ and save those who aren't."
"We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ," the group's Web site said. "Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment.
An e-mail sent to the group by The Associated Press wasn't returned Sunday, and phone numbers for the group's leadership were not immediately available. Berchtold, the FBI spokeswoman in Michigan, said she couldn't confirm if the raids were connected to Hutaree.
Lackomar said none of the raids focused on his group. Lackomar said about eight to 10 members of Hutaree trained with SMVM twice in the past three years. SMVM holds monthly training sessions focusing on survival training and shooting practice, Lackomar said.
In Michigan, police swarmed a rural, wooded property around 7 p.m. Saturday outside Adrian, about 70 miles southwest of Detroit, said Evelyn Reitz, who lives about a half-mile away. She said several police cars, with lights flashing, were still there Sunday evening and 15 to 20 officers were stationed in the area.
Neighbor Jane Cattell said she came home from the movies Saturday night and a helicopter was circling above, its spotlight illuminating her house. She and her sister, Sarah Holtz, wouldn't say who lived in the home but said they knew them from riding their horses past their house.
"They're your average, nice neighbors," Holtz said.
There were rumors about ties to a militia, but Holtz she knew nothing of that from her interaction with them.
One of the raids in Ohio occurred at Bayshore Estates, a trailer park in Sandusky, a small city on Lake Erie between Toledo and Cleveland, park manager Terry Mills said. Authorities blocked off the street for about an hour Saturday night, he said.
"Needless to say, this has everyone talking," said Mills, 62. "We have a lot of retirees here who don't want all this commotion."
Mills said he didn't know the identity of the person arrested.
FBI agents in Ohio also made an arrest in Huron on Saturday night, Wilson said. No further information would be released until after they appeared in court Monday, he said.

Sounds like something interesting is brewing here, figured I'd post up everything I have seen so far regarding this for you all to chew on.

Not sure how I feel about all this yet, but I've been looking at all this since I got up this morning. Taking a break now!

FYI EVERYBODY......You and I and your neighbor, your kids, your wife and your brother are ALL part of the United States of America civilian militia. The 2nd amendment gives us that right. If the military fails...We the civilian militia shall take up arms and defend the values of this country. It is the Feds that have a problem with US arming ourselves and training on our own. What is the problem? We ALL have this right. It boils down to a control issue. They want to be in control and you and I are suposed to be like a flock of sheep. Not me...I am the wolf!

I didn't know there were people that bought and sold pipe bombs.

I get the feeling that was a diversionary tactic, but who knows for sure? I thought it sounded a tad on the "probably not" side myself.

So far I have heard everything from they were selling pipe bombs, to threatening local Muslim groups, to firearms charges, but the fact is that there is no real way of knowing for sure what the heck is going on. Sounds fishy to me......

HERE IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL OR YOU CAN KEEP PLAYIN ARM CHAIR QUARTER BACK .IT GOING TO BE WACO AND RUBY RIDGE ALL OVER AGAIN IN MULTIPLE
STATES THEN DOOR TO DOOR.

<broken link removed>

YOU CAN LISTEN TO TV PROPAGANDA,WORD OF MOUTH ,THE GOVERNMENT ,POLICE ATF ,FBI WHO EVER.OR YOU CAN STAND BY AND WAIT FOR THE NOCK ON THE DOOR JUST LIKE HURRICANE KATRINA.IM NOT SAYING GO OUT AND SHOOT UP THE TOWN BUT YOU BETTER BE FULLY PREPARED TO DEFEND YOUR COUNTRY AND YOUR FAMILY VERY SHORTLY.BECAUSE IT LOOKS SOUNDS LIKE THE LINE IN THE SAND HAS BEEN DRAWN.HOPE THIS LINK HELPS YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS REALLY HAPPENED SAT-SUN.

Gee... if I were paranoid I would say this raid is in sync with the overall plan.... pass health care and piss off the American people... but don't worry about getting reelected we (BHO speaking) got your backs... we have a little 'operation Reichstag' to fall back on that should get the sheeple voting for you in November and maybe get some more gun control passed also.

SF-

FYI EVERYBODY......You and I and your neighbor, your kids, your wife and your brother are ALL part of the United States of America civilian militia. The 2nd amendment gives us that right. If the military fails...We the civilian militia shall take up arms and defend the values of this country. It is the Feds that have a problem with US arming ourselves and training on our own. What is the problem? We ALL have this right. It boils down to a control issue. They want to be in control and you and I are suposed to be like a flock of sheep. Not me...I am the wolf!

I am with you and I am a lion

<broken link removed>

Heres a link with some info, and other linked quotes talking about the supposed allegations of violence against the local Muslim community....

<broken link removed>
And another link to the story at the DailyPaul.....

I know I have posted a lot of links here guys, but I really encourage you to read each one of them, as each has interesting relevant information to this story. Off to make dinner now, catch ya all after a bit.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top