JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's almost like the feds are trying their best to foment a race war at every turn... shouting "racist" as a smokescreen, playing both sides of the whole profiling issue (as identified here- Arizona can't even think about profiling while private citizens are persecuted for not profiling)... WTF is their game??

If they incite widespread racial violence, will that be the excuse to bring in the UN to help "restore order" and suspend all of our constitutional rights? I don't really consider myself to be a conspiracy theory nut, but what other motivation could this administration have?

It's almost like the feds are trying their best to foment a race war at every turn... shouting "racist" as a smokescreen, playing both sides of the whole profiling issue (as identified here- Arizona can't even think about profiling while private citizens are persecuted for not profiling)... WTF is their game??

If they incite widespread racial violence, will that be the excuse to bring in the UN to help "restore order" and suspend all of our constitutional rights? I don't really consider myself to be a conspiracy theory nut, but what other motivation could this administration have?

One does begin to wonder, doesn't he?

:s0131:

-d

That was constructive...

I suppose their duplicitous positioning could also be easy to chalk up to complete and utter incompetence on every level, but the conspiracy angle is a lot more dramatic/fun, don't you think? I'm not sure which cause of this idiocy would trouble me more...

Is this story confirmed? I suspect it may be made up.

Hmm, I've looked at many sources and it turns out there was a gun show that day and at that address. There had been a previous "agreement" between Austin PD and the organizer to limit sales to FFL dealers only, but it was in the form of a recommendation. This was reportedly an attempt by APD to limit sales to felons and illegals at this event. Additionally, there was a single reported sale/purchase incident where the illegal was arrested and the seller questioned.

Haven't been able to find anything about the subsequent court case reported in this story except the same story posted on numerous forums.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone else?

I think the motivation is to get Barry O another term. :D

This is just bad stuff,our own government under Obangoon and his henchman A.G are wrecking havoc with our justice system, tearing the country apart. Hang on to your wallet, biggest tax increase ever, next will be hide your guns. These are dangerous people. Vote them out, that's if we get to vote...Spad

This was reportedly an attempt by APD to limit sales to felons and illegals at this event.

My thought is that if the man is in trouble for selling him the gun, the State of Texas should have their *** in trouble for issuing him a drivers license!!! Again, where is the federal libility in not stopping the flow of illegals into this country. If he wasn't here illegally, the many couldn't have sold him a gun.

Racial profiling is a fact of life. I grew up in Texas and Oregon, and it's freaking everywhere. Best thing I have found is to just be polite and you will receive the same treatment in turn. Been pulled over, ID ran, etc., no ticket and issued a "have a nice". Police are people too. :s0155: It'd be nice to see more juggalos stopped though...

I've yet to find a credible source (prisonplanet is not one) but according to an eyewitness from the Texas State Rifle Association this story is more than just 'he sold a gun to an illegal'. It was obviously a straw purchase.

https://www.tsra.com/index.php?opti...gun-show-chaos&catid=55:tripp-talk&Itemid=113

On Saturday three young Hispanic men came by Mr. Copeland's table and asked about a handgun. One wanted to make a purchase and Mr. Copeland asked him if he had identification. The intended purchaser did not, although one in the group produced a Texas driver's license. The three moved on.

Three times the three young man came by the table and on the third pass, the young man with the driver's license, produced the cash, and bought the handgun. Evidently the gun was passed off, almost immediately, inside or outside the building, to another of the three. This man, not only had no identification, he was an illegal alien.

The three were arrested and officers came to Mr. Copeland's table and confiscated his firearm. I received a text message and then a cell phone call from a TSRA member standing at the table as it happened.

Mr. Copeland was not "taken away", only the firearms on his table for sale. When we talked with him on the phone and asked him why he broke the "rules" of the show, he said, "By golly, it's my constitutional right."

He says he was convicted by a "jury of his peers", his words, for knowingly participating in a straw-purchase; that is, knowingly selling to a person not illegible under state and federal law to purchase or possess a firearm.

Mr. Copeland had legal counsel and did not complain about the quality of his representation. He was shocked the jury didn't believe that he sold the gun to the person with the driver's license and didn't know the gun would be handed off to the illegal.

The original story didn't mention any of that of course, so everyone flies off the handle as usual.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top