JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, that's where you went with that? How is shooting a gas can the PROPER use of the gun or the gas can? Shooting Tannerite in PROPERLY mixed amounts is safe. My point is that when you chose to stray from proper use you can make anything unsafe. If you want to use 10 lbs of Tannerite instead of 8 ozs you may start a fire. If you want to drive your car on the boardwalk instead of the road you may hurt people. Neither one is an example of proper use.

I agree, but I think we can all see by the shot up washers and television in our shooting areas, a lot of shooters don't understand "proper".

Wouldn't it make more sense to ban *improper* use of Tannerite? Like guns, bulldozers, and baseball bats, Tannerite can be dangerous when used improperly. That's why we ban improper use of items with legitimate, safe proper applications.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ban *improper* use of Tannerite? Like guns, bulldozers, and baseball bats, Tannerite can be dangerous when used improperly. That's why we ban improper use of items with legitimate, safe proper applications.

Too difficult to write a law differentiating between proper and improper use, easier to just outlaw it all together. I'm OK with it being banned in certain areas in certain conditions, but not banning the sale of it outright, or doing background checks to buy it. I can buy Oregon -legal fireworks and make an explosive out of them, why no background check on those? I bet even Oregon-legal fireworks hurt more people and cause more fire damage in the few weeks they are available than all the incidents caused by Tannerite and exploding targets over the course of a whole year. But fireworks are fun for kids and families, so they won't touch them. But exploding targets are just used by gun wackos, those guys should feel lucky to even be allowed to own those guns, they don't need exploding targets!

No, this is a fair statement.
I never said it was an unfair statement. I said it was a moot point to use it as a statement of the products' safety. Of course the manufacturer is going to say it is safe - kind of like all the medications we see televised warnings for now that were once most likely deemed 'safe'. The manufacturer is going to use the point of least resistance to test their product and say it is safe - they are not however going to highlight all the reasons or conditions under which it may NOT be safe. And they most likely have experimented with it in an 'unsafe' manner.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top