JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
makes the hair on my neck stand up

Oath Keepers has learned that federal agents recently visited a Latter Day Saints (Mormon) Church food storage cannery in Tennessee, demanding customer lists, wanting to know the identity of Americans who are purchasing food storage from the Mormons.

This incident was confirmed, in person, by Oath Keepers Tennessee Chapter President, Rand Cardwell. Here is Rand’s report:

“A fellow veteran contacted me concerning a new and disturbing development. He had been utilizing a Mormon cannery near his home to purchase bulk food supplies. The man that manages the facility relayed to him that federal agents had visited the facility and demanded a list of individuals that had been purchasing bulk food. The manager informed the agents that the facility kept no such records and that all transactions were conducted on a cash-and-carry basis. The agents pressed for any record of personal checks, credit card transactions, etc., but the manager could provide no such record. The agents appeared to become very agitated and after several minutes of questioning finally left with no information. I contacted the manager and personally confirmed this information.

This event points to a new level of federal government encroachment on the basic freedoms of the American people. Likewise, it points to a confused policy within federal agencies. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in their “Are You Ready?” guide to “In Depth Citizen Preparedness” recommends that citizens store emergency supplies, including bulk food, in the event of a natural disaster or man-made event (the new politically correct term applied to a terrorist attack). The FEMA guidance is spot-on as it allows individuals and families to be self-sufficient during an emergency situation.

<broken link removed>

THIS STORY HAS BEEN PULLED.

We have pulled this story about the Mormon cannery being visited by federal agents because the source of the information at the cannery is now denying that he ever told us that event occurred.

From now on, we will NOT post any such story based on what we are told by other
people unless, and until, they are willing to go on video or at least on an audio recording with their info. That way, in case someone starts to crumble under the public attention or other pressures, and wants to deny what they told us, we have video or audio proof.

We get all kinds of scary intel, all the time, and we rarely pass it on because we don’t have confirming documentation. In this case, we were relying on a confirmed eye witness who is now denying it. We will not do that again without a recording.

We still welcome such tips, but unless you are willing to go on recorded record, using your name, we will not pass it on to the public, but will instead use it only for our own knowledge and internal analysis among our leadership with the caveat that it is not for public dissemination. Otherwise, we risk having people flake on what they told us, and that makes us look bad. People who send us information often times don’t realize the kind of public attention they may wind up experiencing, or the kinds of pressures they may come under behind the scenes. Another consideration is the real possibility that a person could be threatened with prosecution under the USA PATRIOT ACT of 2001 for making public the fact that they were contacted by Federal agents demanding private records. We need witnesses to be willing to go on recording right up front so they cannot later recant.

We will always respect the privacy and anonymity of sources, as we have done in this case, but will simply not run such stories in the future without video proof AND someone who is willing to be identified in the story. Anonymous tips will be used only for internal analysis.

NO SUCH STORY WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE AGAIN WITHOUT VIDEO OR AUDIO OF THE EYE WITNESS(S) SO WE CAN PROVE THEY TOLD IT TO US -No matter how urgent or important the information. As far as we are concerned, without such a recording, we will not consider it a real source, but just scuttlebutt.

Thus, now that we no longer have an eye witness willing to stick with his story, we no longer have a story we feel comfortable having on our site and we have pulled this story so we are not accused of still disseminating it.

Thank you,

Oath Keepers

Whether this story is fake or not, you have to know that you have no 'right' to hoard food for yourself or your family.

First comes the hit pieces like 'doomsday preppers' from NatGEO, then the desperate measures to make your box of beans illegal and the act of a terrorist. The sheeple are being conditioned right now to believe that anyone who prepares has a screw loose, has mental issues, and is a danger to the public.

Ask any large food store/distribution manager what they are supposed to do in the event of a 'national emergency.' The answer is lock down their facility and block the doors with vehicles, metal bars, etc. That is what the district manager of Albertsons told me. Food stores become the gov's property for seizure. Those Americans that don't prep at all, but think they will waddle on down to Safeway for food when SHTF are in for a rude awakening.

Live it up, we are indeed living in the last of the good times.

Whether this story is fake or not, you have to know that you have no 'right' to hoard food for yourself or your family.

First comes the hit pieces like 'doomsday preppers' from NatGEO, then the desperate measures to make your box of beans illegal and the act of a terrorist. The sheeple are being conditioned right now to believe that anyone who prepares has a screw loose, has mental issues, and is a danger to the public.

Ask any large food store/distribution manager what they are supposed to do in the event of a 'national emergency.' The answer is lock down their facility and block the doors with vehicles, metal bars, etc. That is what the district manager of Albertsons told me. Food stores become the gov's property for seizure. Those Americans that don't prep at all, but think they will waddle on down to Safeway for food when SHTF are in for a rude awakening.

Live it up, we are indeed living in the last of the good times.
I don't disagree with you. I just remember the article being pulled over a year ago.

i know its a little old but we have had a few "SURVEYS" passed around some wards around here that a "VOLUNTARY" they want to know about food, fuel, generators, chainsaws, etc etc....

My parents were born at the end of the great depression, and had their parents not kept a pantry, I might not be here today.
Growing up my parents also kept a pantry for hard times to be cycled thru, I have never thought anything strange about it.
In the past 18 years not living with my parents, I have also kept a pantry, and it has saved my proverbial bacon on more than one occasion.

I am not a doomsday prepper and I don't think that anyone could make me change my ways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top