JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Correct, however it may be advisable to get the correct amount of insurance on the shipment to cover the cost of the firearm. I always do.

I have used both Fedex and UPS stores, not hubs to ship a firearm. Neither asked, nor did I declare it was a firearm. I used fedex for a couple of pistols as their nexday services tend to be less expensive. I simply requested the next day and insurance. Nothing less, nothing more.

And what do you suppose happens when you go to file the claim if your gun goes missing?

Do you think FedEx is going to pay out on the claim when they a) learn what the item was and b) discover that YOU didn't adhere to their policies?

Or is your intent to continue lying at that point and tell them that it was a widget and not a gun?

Except you're going to have to report the gun missing to the police...and the police will probably want to talk to FedEx. So odds are pretty good that FedEx will figure out what you did one way or another...and NOT pay the claim.

It isn't worth the headache. :rolleyes:

And what do you suppose happens when you go to file the claim if your gun goes missing?

Do you think FedEx is going to pay out on the claim when they a) learn what the item was and b) discover that YOU didn't adhere to their policies?

Or is your intent to continue lying at that point and tell them that it was a widget and not a gun?

Except you're going to have to report the gun missing to the police...and the police will probably want to talk to FedEx. So odds are pretty good that FedEx will figure out what you did one way or another...and NOT pay the claim.

It isn't worth the headache. :rolleyes:
Please post the policy I would not be adhering to.

As far as I am aware, they allow the shipment of firearms within the laws on the books, and they have no language in their user terms stating you must declare it a firearm.

I worked in this industry, I'm not an expert, but I learned a little while in it.

When you buy the insurance, they are not going to fight you on what is in it. They pay out a claim, if in fact they lost it. Which is what occurs when a theft takes place while it is in their possession. The item was not delivered, and they can provide no proof it was delivered or in their possession. Insurance was paid. They cover it. I've seen it done hundreds of times. Zero investigations occurred during my time at UPS, if it met the claims terms, insurance was paid out. Trust me, they did not like loosing boxes, but in the mix of a few million each day, it happened.

On the note of the police, yes I would report the gun missing if in fact the shipper could not find it. However that is a completely separate thing. If they choose to contact the shipper, they have the power and right to do so.

A nice lady at a UPS store told me if you tell them its a firearm they wont send it, but if you print the label at home and drop it off they dont care. ;)
But the shipping hubs are much cheaper anyway so I go there.

I had a lady at one of the mall shipping stores (FedEx) that refused to ship a package of frozen fish because it had dry ice in it!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I wish I could simply refuse to accept any packages from FedEx, but that may make for a few unhappy folks with pending transfers. Still noodling on how to make this a reality.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top