JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spend more than $50 and get free shipping! Find a few useless nicknacks to get my $43 order over $50! Select the free shipping option and get an ETA a couple days later.....12 days to get from Illinois to Washington? Really? So far it went up to Minnesota, down to Oklahoma, now its in Montana, probably on its way to Ohio or some crap. My pack of rail covers, light mount, and "phuck yo couch" patch are going on a regular odyssey.

Next time I'll just pay for shipping. I spent an extra $7.50 on useless crap, could have just paid for shipping and got my item before the end of June.

Back when these idea's first hit they "sounded" like a great idea. Made sense that the big cost to a lot of shipping was that running from the hub, all over the county to each home. So the big shippers set up with the USPS. That they would bring the stuff to their hub, then dump it to the USPS to run from door to door since they were doing so anyway. What sounded like a great idea has somehow turned into a standing joke somehow.
Back soon after Ebay got going the USPS came up with one just as bad. Called it media mail. For stuff like CD's is was supposed to be cheaper and it was. Problem was often the stuff would take weeks to get to the buyer. It soon got to where I would refuse to buy anything shipped that way. Amazing that people who should be expert at this stuff can make such a damn mess.

Back when these idea's first hit they "sounded" like a great idea. Made sense that the big cost to a lot of shipping was that running from the hub, all over the county to each home. So the big shippers set up with the USPS. That they would bring the stuff to their hub, then dump it to the USPS to run from door to door since they were doing so anyway. What sounded like a great idea has somehow turned into a standing joke somehow.
Back soon after Ebay got going the USPS came up with one just as bad. Called it media mail. For stuff like CD's is was supposed to be cheaper and it was. Problem was often the stuff would take weeks to get to the buyer. It soon got to where I would refuse to buy anything shipped that way. Amazing that people who should be expert at this stuff can make such a damn mess.

:s0092:

Another change. Sign of times, I guess. I've had a few free shippings on Amazon. Unsealed envelope, product was still inside.
Two others in the last 2 weeks, left the destination and got lost, basically, one physically delivered to..........someone in MO. Uhm, I live in WA. What a fiasco that was trying to convince someone THEY effed it up,and not me by giving the incorrect shipping info.

The 3rd, I think that one rode the slow boat, BACK, before it made it's way to me.
WTH, the highways are slammed with commuters and semis, bottle necking, lets plug up the internet shipping tech too

They go with the USPS because the USPS does the "last mile" thing much cheaper than anyone else. They are coming near your house anyway to deliver mail to your neighborhood, so it costs them next to nothing to carry your package.

THis is especially true for people like me that live in the boonies.

Spend more than $50 and get free shipping! Find a few useless nicknacks to get my $43 order over $50! Select the free shipping option and get an ETA a couple days later.....12 days to get from Illinois to Washington? Really? So far it went up to Minnesota, down to Oklahoma, now its in Montana, probably on its way to Ohio or some crap. My pack of rail covers, light mount, and "phuck yo couch" patch are going on a regular odyssey.

Next time I'll just pay for shipping. I spent an extra $7.50 on useless crap, could have just paid for shipping and got my item before the end of June.

This is what happens when you select the "discreet wrapping/shipping" option so the neighbors won't know about the "intimate" products you had delivered, and the round about route makes it impossible for the local LEO agencies to trace outlawed "toys" to be traced back to you....

:D

This is what happens when you select the "discreet wrapping/shipping" option so the neighbors won't know about the "intimate" products you had delivered, and the round about route makes it impossible for the local LEO agencies to trace outlawed "toys" to be traced back to you....

:D

You can play outlawed tunes on my outlawed pipe anytime you want!

When you see your Fedex smart post hit Kent WASHINGTON.... where all packages go to die... 8 days later, it'll leave Kent.
Mine always get stuck in Troutdale, member where they will sit for several days before they send it right past me and up to Kent, where it will sit for several more days.
Now I'm no Six Sigma blackbelt when it comes to shipping logistics but come on!

You can play outlawed tunes on my outlawed pipe anytime you want!

The only thing with a creamy head on it that passes THESE lips is one of my home-brewed cappuccinos....:D

CA930569-E89C-4D02-BB46-6760ABDBCBA4.jpeg

They go with the USPS because the USPS does the "last mile" thing much cheaper than anyone else. They are coming near your house anyway to deliver mail to your neighborhood, so it costs them next to nothing to carry your package.

THis is especially true for people like me that live in the boonies.

That part made perfect sense when these ideas first hit. In real life the packages so often get to my city, tracking shows it was handed off to the USPS, then it just sits for days, not showing a move. It's like it got lost for a while. It got to where if someplace showed they were using one of these deals to ship I would just not buy from them. Seemed like a great idea, not sure how they have managed to screw it up so bad.

My Smartpost deliveries usually go by ground, and then when they get to Portland they take a day or two to get to Newberg, then a day or two to get to me.

Once something bounced around the PNW for a week or so, going thru Portland several times before it got to me.

I usually don't care much. I usually ask for the Prime credit for "no rush" shipping. But sometimes I do select 'two day shipping" which sometimes gets to me in 2-3 days, sometimes it takes 2-3 days before they get it out the door and then another 2-3 days to get to me. Recently Gun Mag Warehouse charged shipping for each individual mag they sent, and then shipped most of them together, but then made a separate shipment. I still did ok because it was less than others for the mags, but it was more work on my part to compare and a bit annoying that they charged $ shipping for each individual item, especially something as light and small as a SIG mag.

To top it off, they would not ship to my home address, only to my CC billing address (a private/commercial PO box). Almost every other retailer lets you specify a shipping address.

To top it off, they would not ship to my home address, only to my CC billing address (a private/commercial PO box). Almost every other retailer lets you specify a shipping address.

That is fear of fraud. It used to be a common form of fraud. Someone would get credit card info, order stuff to another address. Then the people who took the card have to eat the cost. Amazon will let Wife and I order stuff and send it to others as a gift. I was kind of surprised when Wife told me they were doing this. Guessing maybe they feel better about it since they send us an E-mail as soon as the order is placed. So they feel we would let them know if there was a problem maybe? Credit cards are fantastic for the buyer. Offer amazing protection. That means the people who are taking it have to take the risk if the package does not make it to the right person.

That is fear of fraud.

Yes, I know. A few have called me up to verify that I bought the item and then they would ship. A few say they won't ship certain items to a separate address - especially ammo which is heavy and costly to ship. But this was the first time that anybody simply did not give me the option at all.

Amazon will ship anywhere - I ship stuff to others several times a year for birthdays and XMas, but then I have an account with them and buy thousands of dollars of stuff from them in a given year. They do notify me of new shipping addresses being added to my account, and I am sure they deal with a LOT of fraud.

Typical FedEx. Seams everything comes through Troutdale, OR. I live in Vancouver, WA. Why does my purchase then need to go to Tacoma to get back to Vancouver. I live next to I-5. If it fell off the truck on the way past, it would bounce into my yard!

Typical FedEx. Seams everything comes through Troutdale, OR. I live in Vancouver, WA. Why does my purchase then need to go to Tacoma to get back to Vancouver. I live next to I-5. If it fell off the truck on the way past, it would bounce into my yard!

Probably interstate commerce laws or some such. Mayhaps the local delivery fleets are only licensed in particular states, or some legalsleeze minutiae...

When you see your Fedex smart post hit Kent WASHINGTON.... where all packages go to die... 8 days later, it'll leave Kent.

This is the winner...:s0113:
I have a delicate package coming from Idaho that is due today...
Anything coming from Fex now to me shows shipping to Troutdale hub (near miles from destination) and then an order update that it's in Kent WA.. Then it's the weekend and then it's still in another state...‍♂️
I'll be shocked if it comes today as scheduled..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top