JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Called the VA to check on an appointment and found out someone dropped the ball. Big surprise.

Then, while on the phone with the VA, I hear a truck pull up out in front of my house and look and see FedEx. While on the phone, I go to the front door to see the driver head to the side of my house with a package. WTF? Where is he going?

My house is a bit odd in that there are two front doors for some reason. Long-term goal is to add a front porch or expand the living room into the yard, but for now, there is an obscure door.

Last week, I came home and noticed a package from FedEx sitting at the other door. Weird. Today, the same driver tried to drop a package off at the same door. It was some new black guy and I'm sure if I dared ask him why he thought that door was the main door, I would have protesters in front of my house.

I don't understand why anybody with an IQ above room temperature would think the other door was appropriate...

IMG_20200709_113816080.jpg

And yes, my grass and trimming is neglected. I blew my back out over a week ago and right now, walking is a challenge, never mind mowing and weed-eating.

It seems the only virus we need to be worried about is the one that is causing mass stupidity in society.

Called the VA to check on an appointment and found out someone dropped the ball. Big surprise.

Then, while on the phone with the VA, I hear a truck pull up out in front of my house and look and see FedEx. While on the phone, I go to the front door to see the driver head to the side of my house with a package. WTF? Where is he going?

My house is a bit odd in that there are two front doors for some reason. Long-term goal is to add a front porch or expand the living room into the yard, but for now, there is an obscure door.

Last week, I came home and noticed a package from FedEx sitting at the other door. Weird. Today, the same driver tried to drop a package off at the same door. It was some new black guy and I'm sure if I dared ask him why he thought that door was the main door, I would have protesters in front of my house.

I don't understand why anybody with an IQ above room temperature would think the other door was appropriate...

View attachment 719997

And yes, my grass and trimming is neglected. I blew my back out over a week ago and right now, walking is a challenge, never mind mowing and weed-eating.

It seems the only virus we need to be worried about is the one that is causing mass stupidity in society.
Assuming the photo is the front door, and street is looking at it? If so I can see why. Drivers are told to "try" to not place packages in plain sight. Roaming scum, often known as "porch Pirates" drive around looking for packages in front of the homes. Jump out grab them and run off. So drivers are told to "try" to put stuff out of sight.
Now as to FedEx their service did drop way off decade or so ago at least here. I buy stuff on line almost daily. Of all the delivery options for some reason FedEx seems to have long been the champions of screwing deliveries up.

Assuming the photo is the front door, and street is looking at it? If so I can see why. Drivers are told to "try" to not place packages in plain sight. Roaming scum, often known as "porch Pirates" drive around looking for packages in front of the homes. Jump out grab them and run off. So drivers are told to "try" to put stuff out of sight.

I could almost buy into that reasoning, except in five years of living here and receiving hundreds of packages from USPS, UPS, and FedEx, this is the only guy that tried the side door. :s0153:

I have a front door that is on the side, and a side door/sliding glass door that is on the front facing the circular driveway.

Side/sliding glass door:

_nc_ohc=DXpk1RDLuvgAX-cybb0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=pZokc-e-LcUAX-iSqlv&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Front door on the side facing uphill, not the driveway and not visible (very much) from the driveway:

_nc_ohc=qwQkZL9qhTcAX-cFUbu&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=m7p9i3-nk10AX-y8GJ5&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I get packages at both and at my mail box out on the road. A really good delivery person put a package inside the covered porch by the front door.

The only complaint I have is when USPS delivers my mail to neighbors or a person with the same street number, but different street and different person, a mile away. Or when they deliver my neighbors mail to my mail box. Otherwise, no complaints from me.

I could almost buy into that reasoning, except in five years of living here and receiving hundreds of packages from USPS, UPS, and FedEx, this is the only guy that tried the side door. :s0153:
He is the first one who actually is doing what they tell them to do then.:D I can't speak for the USPS but I do know both FedEx and UPS it's part of the training, to not just drop packages in plain sight if there is an easy quick way to try to hide them. You have some new driver who actually cares enough to do what he was told to do. There is a LOT of video of guys tossing packages over a fence and such too and damaging the stuff. Most of them seem to be FedEx for some reason. I don't know if it's low pay, or so many of them are paid contract, not hourly but, be glad you got one who actually cares to try to make sure you get your package, not some thief. At my old house UPS would often go to the side of the house and leave it at the garage door so it was out of sight. Couple times when I would forget something was coming I would find it days later :D
If I was you I would send them a note telling them thank you that you got a driver who gives a damn.

I see two front doors on the front of your house. Am I missing a side door? Seems a package would be delivered to the door with the flag and a concrete walkway to it?
1594566155068.png

He is the first one who actually is doing what they tell them to do then.:D I can't speak for the USPS but I do know both FedEx and UPS it's part of the training, to not just drop packages in plain sight if there is an easy quick way to try to hide them. You have some new driver who actually cares enough to do what he was told to do. There is a LOT of video of guys tossing packages over a fence and such too and damaging the stuff. Most of them seem to be FedEx for some reason. I don't know if it's low pay, or so many of them are paid contract, not hourly but, be glad you got one who actually cares to try to make sure you get your package, not some thief. At my old house UPS would often go to the side of the house and leave it at the garage door so it was out of sight. Couple times when I would forget something was coming I would find it days later :D
If I was you I would send them a note telling them thank you that you got a driver who gives a damn.
I have found that drivers are consistantly doing the wrong thing as to leaving packages 'out of sight'. I used to live in an apartment on the 2nd floor. I have come home to look up and see a $500 barrel leaning upright against my door! They couldn't just lay it down to make it unseen from below? The UPS guy always understood that and would do it correctly but the others (FedEx, USPS, Amazon still don't care) don't take proper precautions.
Have a friend that their FedEx guy has left packages on the trunk of his car in the driveway. Too frickin lazy to walk up to the door! If it gets stolen who pays to replace it? They take a picture that they left it but if its taken after that, they claim its my fault i.e. responsibility to pay.......

I have a bench seat/box on my porch with a note that says please put packages in box. That seems to work for me. Of course being retired and having a stay at home business going I generally meet the delivery driver at his truck to save him the walk.

I used to worry about my gun gear deliveries, but one day, I happened to be home when the UPS lady delivered 1,000 rds of 5.56 and a coupla thousand rounds of pistol ammo. As y'all might expect, that's not gonna be an easy delivery, and my driveway is hella steep, to boot... :eek:

Anyway, we talked a bit and come to find out she and her hubster are also pro-2A types that belong to my range, and so we made a deal...
Because she can recognize what sort of 2A gear might be in a box (aside from the obvious ORM-D decal on ammo shipments) from the originating shipper's name/address, she now brings me my stuff as her last stop of the day, when she's pretty sure that I'll be home. She also rings the doorbell and waits a bit to see if I answer the door, instead of just ringing and leaving like the FedEx and US Postal Service folks do. Talk about pro-2A service with a smile!

In return, they have a standing invitation from me to take them to the "private side" of our range, where only the RSOs can go at any time of the day or week, even when the rest of the range is closed to the public. Hey, it's the least I could do...

Last Edited:
I have found that drivers are consistantly doing the wrong thing as to leaving packages 'out of sight'. I used to live in an apartment on the 2nd floor. I have come home to look up and see a $500 barrel leaning upright against my door! They couldn't just lay it down to make it unseen from below? The UPS guy always understood that and would do it correctly but the others (FedEx, USPS, Amazon still don't care) don't take proper precautions.
Have a friend that their FedEx guy has left packages on the trunk of his car in the driveway. Too frickin lazy to walk up to the door! If it gets stolen who pays to replace it? They take a picture that they left it but if its taken after that, they claim its my fault i.e. responsibility to pay.......
Sadly when humans are involved this is what you often get. Decades back I sent a 1911 to Springfield's custom shop. They sent it back signature required of course. The morning it arrived I checked the tracking and it did not show, they were not as good with it then. So I run to store. Come home to see the box with a huge sticker "Adult Signature Required" on it sitting on my porch. Now that one would have been fun if it got grabbed. I thought about calling UPS to ask "so where is my package?" Just to see what excuse they would start making. Have to wonder if the driver scribbled something on his machine to show he got a signature or if he just dropped the box and drove off. When I was telling this story to the shop / range I bought the thing from the owner said they had done this to him one time. Delivered a couple guns to the door and left them. He comes in to find the boxes.

Sadly when humans are involved this is what you often get. Decades back I sent a 1911 to Springfield's custom shop. They sent it back signature required of course. The morning it arrived I checked the tracking and it did not show, they were not as good with it then. So I run to store. Come home to see the box with a huge sticker "Adult Signature Required" on it sitting on my porch. Now that one would have been fun if it got grabbed. I thought about calling UPS to ask "so where is my package?" Just to see what excuse they would start making. Have to wonder if the driver scribbled something on his machine to show he got a signature or if he just dropped the box and drove off. When I was telling this story to the shop / range I bought the thing from the owner said they had done this to him one time. Delivered a couple guns to the door and left them. He comes in to find the boxes.
Have a friend w an FFL who had a delivery co tell him this lower was delivered to his address. He said no and they said it was. 2 months later a neighbor appears and says she found it under the bushes about 20 houses down the street. And supposedly it was signed for.

Have a friend w an FFL who had a delivery co tell him this lower was delivered to his address. He said no and they said it was. 2 months later a neighbor appears and says she found it under the bushes about 20 houses down the street. And supposedly it was signed for.
See something like that would be REAL freaking interesting to see what they would end up doing in one of those guns was found at some high profile crime?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top