JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Taylor's and company 38-40 was delivered to my gun dealer Friday by Fedex and he had to get his drivers license scanned to receive it.
That sucks. Time to boycott FedEx because this is complete BS. Ordered from aero precision the other day and I told them I would not accept FedEx even if the part was free. I think they got the point but they weren't aware of FedEx's change to Stalin and chairman Mao's policy ha ha.

But a lot of people don't care about personal information privacy and will gladly bend over and let them keep pushing the boundaries, wearing down gun rights, normal ways of doing business, piece by piece. Pretty soon anything to do with guns will require tons of hoops to jump through, special payment methods and maybe even domain provider restrictions. We need to take a stand and stop all erosion of our gun rights, and stop any attempt to paint us as "outliers" in society. Poeple that just blindly allow this type of erosion are a huge problem Imo, just as are people who allow small incremental erosion of 2A rights.

That sucks. Time to boycott FedEx because this is complete BS. Ordered from aero precision the other day and I told them I would not accept FedEx even if the part was free. I think they got the point but they weren't aware of FedEx's change to Stalin and chairman Mao's policy ha ha.

But a lot of people don't care about personal information privacy and will gladly bend over and let them keep pushing the boundaries, wearing down gun rights, normal ways of doing business, piece by piece. Pretty soon anything to do with guns will require tons of hoops to jump through, special payment methods and maybe even domain provider restrictions. We need to take a stand and stop all erosion of our gun rights, and stop any attempt to paint us as "outliers" in society. Poeple that just blindly allow this type of erosion are a huge problem Imo, just as are people who allow small incremental erosion of 2A rights.
A LOT is going to depend on what happens November. If a LOT of gun owners again vote for more of this? We will get a LOT more of this.

A LOT is going to depend on what happens November. If a LOT of gun owners again vote for more of this? We will get a LOT more of this.
I'm just amazed at how many gun owners don't care about small incremental losses to gun rights, personal freedoms, and getting painted as "the bad guys" for simply owning guns (shipping restrictions, credit card companies etc are all part of that). Things like ghost gun bans, bump stock bans, brace bans, >10 round mag bans, etc are all incremental losses and just empowers them to ban more the next time. Same with making it harder to buy gun parts. We need to stop just letting them do it.

2BFD4620-4081-419A-A15B-C41422EAA70D.jpeg

I'm just amazed at how many gun owners don't care about small incremental losses to gun rights, personal freedoms, and getting painted as "the bad guys" for simply owning guns (shipping restrictions, credit card companies etc are all part of that). Things like ghost gun bans, bump stock bans, brace bans, >10 round mag bans, etc are all incremental losses and just empowers them to ban more the next time. Same with making it harder to buy gun parts. We need to stop just letting them do it.

View attachment 1275680
YEP! Sadly this has been going on for a good while now. Gun owners make all kinds of excuses why they will not vote, so they help elect the people who are hosing them. Really been sad to watch.

I'm just amazed at how many gun owners don't care about small incremental losses to gun rights, personal freedoms
Kind of baffling, hu. Even if some issues may not have a direct impact on a person, you would think just the principle of ongoing infringements would prompt pro-2A people to take more offense.

Crap on my lawn? Mehh.... that's okay. I wear shoes. 🤣

The fedex ID scanning thing applies to all signature required shipments, not just firearm related, but yeah... can't argue that anti-gun sentiments are probably a factor in there as well. You would think even the anti-gun folk would have an issue with that too. Their info being scanned isn't any more secure than ours being scanned.:s0092:

Talked to FedEx this morning and apparently they won't approve your "Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement" unless you do a significant volume of business with them. Even if you hold an FFL. So if you're a kitchen table dealer who builds a dozen AKs a year don't waste your time on FedEx SCA forms, it won't matter.

Just another example of big business and big government crushing the little guy out of existence.

I got a powder shipment via Fedex last week. The driver didn't scan my license but did look at it presumably to see if my name matched the package. I asked if he needed to see my FFL and he said nope.

I received my upper back from BCA last week on FedEx. I had previously asked BCA about FedEx's new "policy" and was told nothing has changed for them.

I received my upper back from BCA last week on FedEx. I had previously asked BCA about FedEx's new "policy" and was told nothing has changed for them.
It's not going to hurt FFLs that ship enough volume with FedEx. Their SCAs will be approved. The Fedex sales rep to BCA probably set them up to comply ahead of time.

This will hurt small FFLs as it is one less shipping option.

I just shipped a gun through UPS with shipmygun. Counter person asked what was in the box. A rifle. She asked if there was ammo in it? Nope. OK have a nice day

In my own experience, Fedex sucks all the way around. Late deliveries, missent packages. I've had my worst shipping experiences with them.

Talked to FedEx this morning and apparently they won't approve your "Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement" unless you do a significant volume of business with them.
Once again, it's all about the Benjamins. They have anti-gun attitudes and policies until it comes to bigger accounts. At which time, their anti-gun anxieties go away for the moment. Their principles have a price.

I usually tell them it none of their business as to what im shipping. If they press me then I say it's sex toys ie plugs that go where the sun doesn't shine. They usually regret asking at that point.

Stopped into a FedEx Express (in Happy Valley, OR) to ship a rail extension (~3" in a small box) back to the manufacturer (Arms Republic). The cashier asked what was in the box, to which I replied "a metal rail." With obvious concern in his voice, he asked "Is it gun related?" Replying yes, I opened the box, and showed the extruded piece of metal, to which he stated:

FedEx's new policy no longer allows for gun parts to be shipped, and to have a nice day.

Hopefully this saves a few of you time and effort in getting things where they need to go.
Metal rail, is an optical telescopes equipment. Other parts are machine tool parts. I don't want to argue either here with pro gun people that "we shouldn't have to" or with anti gun "guns bad, you want the children to die at schools." Just as a matter of functionality, this is how I've adjusted as someone who ships very often.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top