JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For larger/heavier shipments, I find common carriers like ABF and Old Dominion to be super easy to deal with, and nether of them has so much as nicked a crate of mine, ever! One crate from Japan even had anti tip trackers installed all over it, that was pretty cool! Both companies offered lift gate service at no extra charge, and even pallet jacked my crates into my hanger with out so much as me asking them if they could, they just did, asked me where I wanted them! They don't charge all that much ether, might be just the thing for you guys!

Fedex has been going down hill for years doesn't surprise me at all. Last year getting any packages from FedEx was a nightmare.
I have been saying for over a decade that something happened to them. They used to be the gold standard. A couple decades back something went off the rails with them. I buy a LOT of stuff on line. Cringe every time I see something shipped FedEx. They make the USPS really shine they are do damn bad. The great panic before this one I was buying ammo weekly from a place that used FedEx. A few times the camera's out front made it FAR easier. They would show the ammo delivered. I would call and have to repeat multiple times to the robot on the phone, YOU WERE NEVER ON MY STREET. They would read the card they have in front of them with did you look around, did you check the neighbors, with me repeating, you were never on my street. Couple times I would ask do you have drivers running around in their personal cars? That one always woke them up with no of course not. So I would say again. I have camera's, NO FedEx vehicle was on my street. Suddenly hours later here one would show up with my ammo that who the hell knows where it had been.

Stopped into a FedEx Express (in Happy Valley, OR) to ship a rail extension (~3" in a small box) back to the manufacturer (Arms Republic). The cashier asked what was in the box, to which I replied "a metal rail." With obvious concern in his voice, he asked "Is it gun related?" Replying yes, I opened the box, and showed the extruded piece of metal, to which he stated:

FedEx's new policy no longer allows for gun parts to be shipped, and to have a nice day.

Hopefully this saves a few of you time and effort in getting things where they need to go.
The simple answer is NO. Tell them its a part for your fishing reel or such. Just do not admit it has anything to do with the word gun and they will send it on its way. When I ship anything I NEVER use the word gun. It freaks a lot of them out.

I have been saying for over a decade that something happened to them. They used to be the gold standard. A couple decades back something went off the rails with them. I buy a LOT of stuff on line. Cringe every time I see something shipped FedEx. They make the USPS really shine they are do damn bad. The great panic before this one I was buying ammo weekly from a place that used FedEx. A few times the camera's out front made it FAR easier. They would show the ammo delivered. I would call and have to repeat multiple times to the robot on the phone, YOU WERE NEVER ON MY STREET. They would read the card they have in front of them with did you look around, did you check the neighbors, with me repeating, you were never on my street. Couple times I would ask do you have drivers running around in their personal cars? That one always woke them up with no of course not. So I would say again. I have camera's, NO FedEx vehicle was on my street. Suddenly hours later here one would show up with my ammo that who the hell knows where it had been.
It had been on its way to being possessed by someone else until the camera proved it was traceable to a route, and a driver, and that person didn't want to lose their job.

1656420438532.png

Last week I shipped a M1 Garand stock through the UPS Hillsboro hub. Grouchy old lady asked, "What are you shipping?". Honest me...."A walnut rifle stock".

She immediately perked up. "Oh! What kind?" So, I told her. Turns out she is into that stuff.

-E-

I ordered $6500 machine for a project I was working on in a few months. Item was back ordered but it still would arrive a month a head. Sat in Portland for 3 weeks and finally called fedex and told them I was going to contact to company get my refund and let them deal with the $6500 bill. They had it delivered next day. The Company is a joke.

In 2020 I had a couple of next day air packages to ship back East. They were very important legal trust documents that had to be signed, notarized and returned as quick as possible.
The older counter lady at the Portland airport FedEx gave me a weird look when I asked if they would ship out that night and get delivered by mid afternoon.
What she didn't tell me was that a tornado had just tore up their main distribution hub in Tennessee.
Each package cost around $100.00 each and it took them over a week to get them delivered.
She could have told me to use UPS, as I had explicitly told her how important they were.

I ordered $6500 machine for a project I was working on in a few months. Item was back ordered but it still would arrive a month a head. Sat in Portland for 3 weeks and finally called fedex and told them I was going to contact to company get my refund and let them deal with the $6500 bill. They had it delivered next day. The Company is a joke.
Let me guess, they were stuck at the Troutdale location... literally everything I get shipped through fedex disappears into the troutdale void for a couple days minimum

Just use someone else if they don't want your money take it elsewhere.
I agree…. I pay the extra cost for separate shipping when purchasing online , if there's an option. I figure FEDEX may be cheaper for the shipper. Especially for signed received items. FedEx is a joke.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top