JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The theft comments in this thread are concerning. How a contract carrier employee can rip off ammo by the case (or any amount) sucks beyond words. Pre COVID while "stacking deep" my UPS guy knew full well what was in the boxes and never bubblegumed about the weight but I also would help him unload if I was home.

Regarding ammo supplier packaging... Sam at SGAmmo always packaged very well and I never had a box blow apart even when loaded to max weight UPS would allow. They shipped fast too. Unfortunately Sam's supply chain is in the same shape as everyone else's so finding ammo in stock (like everywhere) is a challenge right now especially if your picky about the type/brands that you shoot. Not to mention the cost premium going on right now. This too shall pass like previous years barring legislation that moves against us...

UPS and I believe Amazon are now taking photos of the package when they put it on my porch.
I did see a doorbell video of a nefarious UPS driver drop the package, take a picture and then pick it back up and walk away with it. I guess the there's a way around most any of the "safeguards" taken.

With the pandemic and online purchasing, the porch pirates are making out like bandits. I live far enough out in the boonies that I've had packages sit on the porch for a week while I was traveling and didn't have an issue. I doubt that would be the case in PDX or SEA-TAC areas.

I knew better but couldn't resist. I saw a not-so-horrible price for some Norma ammo at the AmmoShopOnline.com two weeks ago and surprise-surprise the "heavy" FedEx box was finally delivered today split open, re-taped (three different types of tape), and with three of the ten boxes of ammo gone :mad:

AmmoShopOnline has a "so sorry, can't help you" clause in their terms once their ammo products hit the FedEx tracking system. Ive had two UPS guys comment on my "heavy boxes" from sporting good stores before so it seems to be common knowledge among the delivery crews what's in our small but weighty boxes.

This is the third time (2 UPS and 1 FedEx) at two different homes (WA & OR) the last decade where the "tamper proof" taped case shows up but is missing a few ammo boxes! Is it theft or just incompetent delivery systems? :rolleyes:

So now, it's off to the local FedEx store with the evidence to try and get some relief. Wish me luck.

Anyone else have a missing ammo story to share?
Leftist antigunners, anything to fu_ck with us. :mad:

I paid $40 for a small flat rate USPS box full of .224 bullets worth over $100. It burst and was delivered empty and was only insured for $40 by the sender...:(
I got my $40 back but sucked that I lost out on a great deal.

Another time I had 1500 .223 bullets from Wideners that had burst missing 15 bullets, it was re taped with clear tape (not Wideners).
Wideners said they didn't have the capability to send just 15 bullets a gave me a $2 credit for my next order.:s0001::s0001::s0001: Not gonna happen!!!:mad:

Last Edited:
Good luck, FedEx has been a cluster fubar since a couple of big winter storms crossed the country. Second day delivery took 10 days to achieve, UPS hasn't seemed to suffer as badly. If possible, I'm requesting UPS over FedEx for shipping going forward.

I suspect damage and theft is rampant during shipping. My online ammo supplier encourages that I buy the inexpensive shipping insurance they offer. It's a $1.50 gimmick to help them pay for their free shipping, but one claim would make it worthwhile.:cool:

Last Edited:
I always make sure there is shipping insurance on any ammo I buy online. Costs about $1.50-$2 extra for peace of mind that if it doesn't arrive intact then UPS/Fedex (whomever is the shipper) is fully on the hook for damages.

Last Edited:
I have not had any issues with UPS delivering my ammo but I have not bought any ammo for more than a year now. I live fairly close to a UPS depot so I have the ammo held there and go in and pick it up in person. I have most of my packages held there when I was going to work since UPS depot would be open Monday-Friday from 10AM-7PM. Now with the ammo shortage if I do find some ammo at reasonable prices, I am not sure if it would arrive or be stolen. I agree that UPS diamond sticker it screams ammo in this box.

I did see a doorbell video of a nefarious UPS driver drop the package, take a picture and then pick it back up and walk away with it. I guess the there's a way around most any of the "safeguards" taken.

With the pandemic and online purchasing, the porch pirates are making out like bandits. I live far enough out in the boonies that I've had packages sit on the porch for a week while I was traveling and didn't have an issue. I doubt that would be the case in PDX or SEA-TAC areas.

When I had a new laptop delivered I kept an eye on the timing and was outside to have him hand it to me personally. A week later I had a genset delivered and it was left on my porch. I live out in the boonies too and I don't worry about packages anymore except the most expensive ones and even then have had no problems. The only thing I worry about it delivery to the wrong address as that seems to happen up here regularly, I am occasionally getting mail/packages for neighbors - but they are all honest folks.

With businesses shut people are shopping on line and by mail. Huge increase in packages going through USPS, Fed Ex and UPS facilities. I can understand why things are screwed up. USPS stuck with the same union work rules and 3rd party contracts they had before the political garbage class declared the "Emergency".

Fact is, these guys can't just crap additional capacity. I do think they're trying to get the job done. Increased failure is inevitable given the situation.

That said......2000 .224 bullets arrived 2-3 weeks late and repackaged. Apparently USPS machines destroyed the priority boxes and plastic bags containing the bullets. After weighing the contents most of the bullets did in fact arrive....mixed with floor sweeping and debris from their collection process. I confess I did chuckle imagining the chaos recovering those little pills from their machinery must have caused.

So the moral of the story is :
1) Order only from known-reputable dealers.
2) Don't order a "giant amount" of ammo at one time.

Speaking in terms of rifle ammo, I make my limit 5 boxes.
I don't care how good of a deal it is.....throttle back.

If you want to have your package "held at location", an unusually heavy package will bring attention to it and the "location" may refuse to hold it (read hazmat stickers).
I've had this happen at both Fedex and UPS.

After researching ammoshoponline reviews, it is very likely that this unscrupulous seller shorted the order.

Last Edited:
So the moral of the story is :
1) Order only from known-reputable dealers.
2) Don't order a "giant amount" of ammo at one time.

Speaking in terms of rifle ammo, I make my limit 5 boxes.
I don't care how good of a deal it is.....throttle back.

If you want to have your package "held at location", an unusually heavy package will bring attention to it and the "location" may refuse to hold it (read hazmat stickers).
I've had this happen at both Fedex and UPS.

After researching ammoshoponline reviews, it is very likely that this unscrupulous seller shorted the order.
I hardly ever order less than 1000 rounds online. Once prices come down and I start ordering again I'm still going to buy in bulk. I get a lot more for my money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top