JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The headline seems to be deliberately trying to absolve, or possibly encourage, future violent reactions to "hate speech".

The initial (now dead) aggressor threw a drink, a bag of food, and a punch at the driver... not just racial slurs. That fatal blow was delivered following all of that. Not defensive, but when you're drawn into combat you can't let the aggressor make the rules

I don't think the driver should have been prosecuted. As a professional driver, I do think he deserved to be fired. Why? The guy yelled at him to slow down... when you're a professional you have to ignore "road rage" and similar nonsense that happens in public on a daily basis.

I don't think (and neither did the DA) that what he did was illegal, but it was seriously unprofessional.

What I did notice was conspicuously absent from the story was the participants respective ages. In an armed encounter it makes 0 difference to me. If the deceased was a doddering old geezer (the story mentions that his bad health contributed to his death) then I have to rethink my stance. My double standard begins with physical disparities and ends when firearms are introduced.

Race played an issue for sure. Liberal white guilt and virtue signalling, hypocritcal application of the law, and a dead guy who sounds like a racist piece of excrement himself.

This one should have gone to a grand jury. Mike Strickland was in valid fear of his life, never harmed anyone, and ate a felony conviction. This Warren cat could and should have kept going. His action resulted in a death. Hes free in part because hes black. If liberal democrats did not have double standards, they would have no standards at all.

What I did notice was conspicuously absent from the story was the participants respective ages.
Bad form to quote my own post, but this is an uninteresting "update"...

While I was waiting for a new tire to be installed on my sweetie's car, I read The Oregonian's full story on this (there was a copy in "The Customer Lounge", and I was pretty bored).

In the full article the reporter states that in 2018 there have been "as many as four" homocides in Portland by people who were on the job.
Two others were cited...
One was a robbery with an obvious outcome. One was a fight where the decedent pulled a knife and got dead. Both accounts included the ages of both parties involved... still nothing in the main body of the article referencing the ages of the two involved in this particular incident.

Maybe it's relevant, maybe it's not. With a little effort I could probably find out their ages and physical attributes or lack thereof, buuut...
The seemingly deliberate ommission says more about the reporting than it leaves out.

Last Edited:
We had a driver get into a thing last year in Montana.
BLACK driver.was at a store doing a delivery .
Had a drunken idiot bothering him .
So when he gets done with the delivery.
He has some time . goes into the store orders food and the drunk guy is in the store calling him names and telling him to get out if town.
Our driver get his food walks out to truck sits on the deer bumper.and starts eating .
Here comes drunk guy again.
Well drunk guy gets KNOCKED OUT.
and then the police are called.and come .
Anyway . witness well multiple witness tell what happened .our driver was told go on your way by the cops.
But our company had a PROBLEM.
But luckily our transportation supervisor backed up the driver.
He said just this avoid a fight at all costs.
BUT DEFEND YOUR SELF IF THEY PUT HANDS ON YOU.

The headline seems to be deliberately trying to absolve, or possibly encourage, future violent reactions to "hate speech".

The initial (now dead) aggressor threw a drink, a bag of food, and a punch at the driver... not just racial slurs. That fatal blow was delivered following all of that. Not defensive, but when you're drawn into combat you can't let the aggressor make the rules

I don't think the driver should have been prosecuted. As a professional driver, I do think he deserved to be fired. Why? The guy yelled at him to slow down... when you're a professional you have to ignore "road rage" and similar nonsense that happens in public on a daily basis.

I don't think (and neither did the DA) that what he did was illegal, but it was seriously unprofessional.

What I did notice was conspicuously absent from the story was the participants respective ages. In an armed encounter it makes 0 difference to me. If the deceased was a doddering old geezer (the story mentions that his bad health contributed to his death) then I have to rethink my stance. My double standard begins with physical disparities and ends when firearms are introduced.

I drive a LOT in a big white commercially marked service truck in every conceivable situation and location you can think of.... so many times I want to give my fellow "drivers" a friendly salute, or follow said A-hole to their destination... but I don't, BECAUSE it's my employer who has to deal with the inevitable ensuing headache of liability, so I keep my ego in my shirt pocket and do what I get paid (very well) to do.

That being said, if I'm outside the vehicle doing my thing and you physically threaten me (or an innocent bystander), I'll skin your a$$ raw.

I drive a LOT in a big white commercially marked service truck in every conceivable situation and location you can think of.... so many times I want to give my fellow "drivers" a friendly salute, or follow said A-hole to their destination... but I don't, BECAUSE it's my employer who has to deal with the inevitable ensuing headache of liability, so I keep my ego in my shirt pocket and do what I get paid (very well) to do.

That being said, if I'm outside the vehicle doing my thing and you physically threaten me (or an innocent bystander), I'll skin your a$$ raw.
It's a bad deal kinda I have to do my job and where a uniform and the company policy is not to contact customers of the stores we deliver to .
But then again I'm working late at night early morning.my first stop is at 20:30 and my last is at 02:00 but I finish it at about 03:00 .
So the only people that are out at that time .
All are suspect.
My neck is sore by the end of the day.
Head on a swivel always looking over my shoulder.

That's true to tell the truth I don't want to contact anyone if I can avoid it .but sometimes I have to ask someone to move there car .
Or I have to ask the manager of the store to ask them .
Because the stores have free internet.
People will park and get online for hours.
But I need to park in a certain spot to unload the truck.LOL

Lol lime bikes are awesome.
HEHEH .
People park there lime bike on the side walk where I need to use to get to the back door of the store.
HEHEHE I PICK THEM UP AND MOVE THEM and they talk to me .lol
PLEASE UNLOCK ME OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE .
THATS what the bike says .
If you ever see a lime bike just move it a few feet and it will talk to you

WTF is a talking "lime bike"? Are you drinking Coors on the job? o_O ;):D
Lol you haven't seen them well they might be called something else in Portland .the scooter or bikes that you rent .
That are all over the place.
If you see one parked just try and move it it will talk to you lol .
No Coors at work

Here are some pictures of them people do all kinds of stuff with them .there is a video of a guy throwing one off the peir in Seattle lol into the ferry dock.
That delayed the ferry .
But the city if Seattle still let's them operate.huge scam bike-key.jpg IMG_9003-630x473.jpg lime-bike-1_1518550577227_10778189_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top