JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just given about 175lbs of this lead at work and don't know much about it. I am looking for more information from the reloading community on here. On the front it is imprinted with Federated Metals Division American Smelting and refining company. Then on the back it is stamped Linotype. I will leave pictures to show what I am talking about. It has almost a grain look to it and seems like a hard lead. Any information would be great. Thanks 166B7FD3-F97D-4FA9-B2B6-809008504372.jpeg D2B3FA6F-FED6-4C2C-AEE4-F9A8A984559B.jpeg

I was just given about 175lbs of this lead at work and don't know much about it. I am looking for more information from the reloading community on here. On the front it is imprinted with Federated Metals Division American Smelting and refining company. Then on the back it is stamped Linotype. I will leave pictures to show what I am talking about. It has almost a grain look to it and seems like a hard lead. Any information would be great. ThanksView attachment 857693View attachment 857692
Linotype is excellent for casting casting bullets. I have a couple hundred pounds for when the shtf.

Linotype is excellent for casting casting bullets. I have a couple hundred pounds for when the shtf.
Linotype is the absolute "best" metal there ever was for making high velocity cast bullets without additions or subtractions. I'll be happy to purchase it from you for a reasonable price.
I am selling a big chunk of it to someone on here. I will keep you in mind for the next batch I get in.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top