JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone going to the Federal way police station "guns for giftcards" to buy guns for cash on Saturday? I, unfortunately cannot make it, as a very pregnant wife would be bitterly upset if I was out buying more guns while she could have our baby at any moment. Haha.

I'd love to stand out there with a sign saying "we pay more for guns than the police do" and see if I get any takers. Wonder if there are any FFLs willing to facilitate transfers for that kind of thing.

Heck, if I ran a pawn shop or a gun shop that sells used stuff I'd be all over that. All it would take is a means of transport, a means of secure storage, a folding table, a stack of 4473s, and an internet connection.

Idk about the legality of that, sure doesn't sound like an actual gun show
Well, I have seen brick & mortar FFLs send folks to process the paperwork at gun shows, and I've seen home-based FFLs process paperwork on their back patio. Is there a law saying you have to be at the FFL's place of business or official gun show to process a transfer?

Do you have to go through a FFL for private sales in Washington like we are supposed to in Oregon?

If so buying guns with cash in the front of a police station may not be your smartest move….. haha.

Must be ffl's place of business or bonafide gun show
You are correct, RCWs state transfers where neither party is an FFL must involve taking the firearm to the place of business of an FFL. That's a bummer.

On the other hand, if one of the parties IS an FFL (i.e. bringing in a used gun as store-owned inventory), it looks like they could do that? See bold sections below for reference.

(2) No person shall sell or transfer a firearm unless:
(a) The person is a licensed dealer;
(b) The purchaser or transferee is a licensed dealer; or
(c) The requirements of subsection (3) of this section are met.
(3) Where neither party to a prospective firearms transaction is a licensed dealer, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale or transfer through a licensed dealer as follows:
(a) The seller or transferor shall deliver the firearm to a licensed dealer to process the sale or transfer as if it is selling or transferring the firearm from its inventory to the purchaser or transferee, except that the unlicensed seller or transferor may remove the firearm from the business premises of the licensed dealer while the background check is being conducted. If the seller or transferor removes the firearm from the business premises of the licensed dealer while the background check is being conducted, the purchaser or transferee and the seller or transferor shall return to the business premises of the licensed dealer and the seller or transferor shall again deliver the firearm to the licensed dealer prior to completing the sale or transfer.
(b) Except as provided in (a) of this subsection, the licensed dealer shall comply with all requirements of federal and state law that would apply if the licensed dealer were selling or transferring the firearm from its inventory to the purchaser or transferee, including but not limited to conducting a background check on the prospective purchaser or transferee in accordance with federal and state law requirements, fulfilling all federal and state recordkeeping requirements, and complying with the specific requirements and restrictions on semiautomatic assault rifles in chapter 3, Laws of 2019.
(c) The purchaser or transferee must complete, sign, and submit all federal, state, and local forms necessary to process the required background check to the licensed dealer conducting the background check.
(d) If the results of the background check indicate that the purchaser or transferee is ineligible to possess a firearm, then the licensed dealer shall return the firearm to the seller or transferor.
(e) The licensed dealer may charge a fee that reflects the fair market value of the administrative costs and efforts incurred by the licensed dealer for facilitating the sale or transfer of the firearm.

I'd so do it! I remember reading that story about a Police station getting a bringback Sturmgewehr from WWII from a gun buyback event. I dont think they ended up melting it down (thank God). But man, if I could score a sturmgewehr for a few hundred bucks… One can dream!!!

They are offering "$100 for revolvers". I wonder if that is regardless of caliber.
I have a Röhm RG-14 .22LR revolver that I bought in West Palm Beach Fla. in 1969. I think I paid $15 new in box. This was my tacklebox gun for when I went fishing in the Intercoastal Waterway or Lake Okeechobee. The gun always fires but is pretty much useless for any target more than a few feet away. I haven't shot it since 1972. This exact model later came to have a Hinckley-President Reagan connection.

DE40B06D-3FD6-4F4B-AE40-18775D1C7017.jpeg

Last Edited:
They are offering "$100 for revolvers". I wonder if that is regardless of caliber.
I have a Röhm RG-14 .22LR revolver that I bought in West Palm Beach Fla. in 1969. I think I paid $15 new in box. This was my tacklebox gun for when I went fishing in the Intercoastal Waterway or Lake Okeechobee. The gun always fires but is pretty much useless for any target more than a few feet away. I haven't shot it since 1972. This exact model later came to have a Hinckley-President Reagan connection.

View attachment 1358174
There's collectors who will likely pay more than $100 for your rg-14. You might have to ship it tho

There's collectors who will likely pay more than $100 for your rg-14. You might have to ship it tho
Thanks Bill (I presume), after thinking about it some more tonight I decided to not turn it in. I did find one on Bradford's Auction Gallery that sold for $140 a couple of years ago. There's also one currently on gunbroker. I should take it to indoor range next time I go. I know my marksmanship has improved over the last 50 years!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top