JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nice to see a scumbag find out he messed with the wrong guy. Why waste ammo?

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. -- A burglar got more than he bargained for Monday morning when he broke into a Federal Way apartment.

That's because one of the residents, a 20-year-old boxer named Colton Vaughn, didn't take kindly to the crime and beat the burglar before throwing him off a third-story balcony.

Vaughn said he woke up early Monday morning to get a glass of water in the kitchen of the two-bedroom apartment he shares with his brother, Kirk, and his wife, Alexandria.

It didn't take long for him to realize that something was wrong.

"I started to drink it, and it was really, really cold inside, and I was like, 'why is it so cold?' And I felt a cold breeze coming from the sliding glass door," he said.

Just then, he looked over and saw a man wearing a ski mask and gloves coming at him.

"I knew immediately that he was here either to harm me or to steal our stuff," Vaughn said.

Had the burglar known what was in store for him, he likely would have turned around and left.

Vaughn said as the burglar approached him, he decided it would be a good time to put his seven years of boxing skills to use.

"So I started hitting him," he said. "I hit him about six or seven time. I was yelling, 'Kirk! There's somebody in the house.'"

Moments later, Kirk came rushing out of his bedroom, ready to back up his brother.

"And I came running out with my pistol," Kirk said. "(As) soon as I came out here I was right here with my gun, had the hammer cocked back."

But by the time Kirk made made it to the living room, the burglar had assessed the situation and made a beeline for the sliding glass door to escape.

With his adrenaline pumping, Vaughn gave him a lift.

"I grabbed him by the collar and the back of his belt, I threw him right over the balcony," he said. "He put off a little bit of a scream and when he hit the ground is when he made a loud thud and was like, 'ughh' really really loud."

After the encounter, the brothers ran downstairs to find the burglar, but he was already gone.

Police tried to pick up the man's scent using a K9 unit, but didn't have much success.

"I grabbed him by the collar and the back of his belt, I threw him right over the balcony," he said. "He put off a little bit of a scream and when he hit the ground is when he made a loud thud and was like, 'ughh' really really loud."

:s0155: :cool: :s0112: :cool: :s0155:

his lawyer will be contacting the vaughn brothers soon to file a claim for his injurys.
he will be awarded millions in court because he cannot work now.
the politically correct jury will claim he was raised wrong and society made him the way he is and he is the victim of assult from the vaughn brothers.

Either the burglar checks into a local hospital (and hopefully gets caught), or lives to burgle another day. If that were me and my brother with a gun, I would have pulled the guy back inside, whacked him some more, then called the police.

well done! I am surprised the burglar was able to get away after a beat down and a fall from 20-25 feet.

Kinda tells you that someone may have been a little high?
And jimwsea,you think you really could have helped yourself helping him over that balcony?
I couldn't have.Maybe grab a foot as to make sure he lands right.

Well done sirs

For you youngins it is called the (wonderfully politically incorrect) Bum's Rush and many a cowpoke or town bum in the old days went out the swingin' doors of a saloon that way.. but not down several stories :s0112:

his lawyer will be contacting the vaughn brothers soon to file a claim for his injurys.
the politically correct jury will claim he was raised wrong and society made him the way he is and he is the victim of assult from the vaughn brothers.

I was laughing hard about the story, and the comments were great. Until yours.....I almost want to cry because the truth hurts so damn much

Well if the cops didnt find any evidence that he was in there how could he prove he was the one who was thrown. Wouldnt it be funny for them to have to prove it was that moron he was trown out? Cause I dont beleive it was him it must of been some other guy.

Foolish of them/him to state that they threw him off. Better to say he jumped off in his escape and negate the possibility of getting sued. Sucks, I know.

Then review apt security - secure access, sliding door, etc - learn from it. Must have been easy for the perp to gain access. Slider left unlocked I bet.

And how many times have I heard people say that they don't want a ground floor apartment because if they are upstairs no one can break in??? Needless to say I have made it clear to all my friends that I will never again volunteer (or be volunteered) to help someone move into an upstairs apartment...

I would have paid good money to have seen this happen - it may be a much more efficient method of rehabilitating criminals than a jail cell, certainly much less burden on the taxpayers. ;)

I bet we could save money by sending the guy to your house next time. ;)

Source(s): your username

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads