JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is a "crime of violence" with regard to this law? Our favorite, the 9th Circus weighed in

"MURDER in the second-degree is NOT a crime of violence??? Yet attempted first-degree murder, battery, assault, exhibiting a firearm, criminal threats (even attempted criminal threats), and mailing threatening communications are crimes of violence. How can this be? "I feel like I am taking crazy pills" "
Zoolander quote.

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2019/08/19/14-10080.pdf
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. RANDLY IRVIN BEGAY, AKA Randly Begay, Defendant-Appellant.

fyi, President Trump is credited with appearing in the movie.

What the crap! This is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Who ever came up with this has their head so far up their …, if they fart, their going to blow it off!

Last Edited:
I'm thinking of retiring in 5-10 years to Idaho. Buying enough land to not have neighbors and stop giving a shiite!

Randy Weaver thought that. I just saw an retrospective on Ruby Ridge yesterday - due to being the anniversary
Ammo.com had the story - I don't have the direct link. This is a re-print:

I'm thinking of retiring in 5-10 years to Idaho. Buying enough land to not have neighbors and stop giving a shiite!
My neighbor (handy $25 FFL two doors down the street) came here 3-4 years ago from central valley California. Abandoned his multi-generation family ranch when he could no longer recognize this as the US (referring to anti-2A politics, his stolen rights, and liberal interpretation/ignorance of laws favoring criminals over victims). Last year he told me "We didn't move far enough." His house sold last week and the family moved to Idaho. Tell him Teflon says hi when you get there.

Last Edited:
Second degree murder has all the elements of first degree murder, BUT with a mitigating factor that somehow makes it less heinous.
i know, it sounds nuts to me too.

So uh, I guess if making the crime of violence illegal once didn't stop it, where should we go? I know, making it illegal TWICE! Laws are like twigs, right? If we keep adding them, they'll be unbreakable!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top