JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does it compare to this stuff?

DSC00835.jpg
DSC00836.jpg

How are these guys to deal with? They're currently saying it will be 9-12 business days before they'll get to your order. I'm having flash-backs to my PMag orders...

They have been pretty accurate for their time frame estimates. Sometimes a day or two sooner than the estimate.

I've only had one instance when they sold out of a product before they got to my order for it. In that case they wrote to advise that there wasn't enough to ship and they promptly credited my card along with the proper shipping percentage. They then shipped the rest of my order.

They answer emails fairly quickly and have been a good source for rare and other hard-to-get items.

:s0155:

They have been pretty accurate for their time frame estimates. Sometimes a day or two sooner than the estimate.

They answer emails fairly quickly and have been a good source for rare and other hard-to-get items.

:s0155:

Good to hear - I've been looking for some other basics (like good buckshot rounds) and there don't appear to be many local store options. They at least list it as available.

How am I going to prop up the local economy with my ammo purchases if there's none to buy?? :s0114:

Why in the heck doesn't somebody take advantage of this demand and start building ammunition production equipment, or somehow get in on the rage..? Not enough ammunition is being produced to meet this demand, what the heck is wrong with people..?

Far too much overhead and cost of materials. And quite a few remanufactures are stepping up to the plate, such as OMC.

Also ammo can be found at many places online for good deals, and at bimart (depending on the sales)

Capitalism fail, the demand is there - the prices will go down.

But it is too risky of a business venture with current climate. Its a short term market with high start up costs. Can you imagine how much the insurance policies are for such a business alone. By the time you paid off the start up costs, the demand will be gone, or the profit margin too low.

There are quite a few small producers popping up everywhere, but I haven't seen any of them become successful, mostly because people would rather buy a brand they trust, or the producer cannot make the required volume with their current equipment.

HST > Hydra-Shok

Newer generation bullet. Supposed to expand bigger, more reliably, lessened chance (like none) of core jacket separation.

From testing results I've seen and rounds I've recovered this seems to be true.

I pass on hydra shok. HST or Ranger-T for me. Not that hydra-shoks don't kill people but it's old bullet technology. Everybody's heard of em and they have a mean rep though, they have that going for them.

<broken link removed>

Note the Hydra-Shoks don't even make the list. Still way better than generic JHPs or FMJs or what have you but I'll take every advantage I can get in a gunfight.

Example of testing in which Hydra-Shoks failed to expand through denim and zipped right through:
<broken link removed>

Bare gel #s look great, denim covered illustrates the problem though...

ATK put in several new lines to get the product out faster. But the tide is turning, it's starting to turn now. In the coming months you'll see more ammo on the shelves. Have some patience.

As for Hydra-Shok....the design hasn't been upgraded in almost 20 years. You'll see it getting phased out in the coming years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top