JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"Because AB 286 targets only unserialized firearms that are not within a categorical exception, that bypass background checks by virtue of self-assembly, and that are untraceable without a serial number, the Court finds that AB 286 is a reasonable fit for achieving the government's objectives of decreasing the threat that unserialized firearms pose to public safety and preserving law enforcement's ability to trace firearms related to violent crimes," the order stated.

Advocates of the measure said it would help stem a rising tide of untraceable homemade 'ghost guns' — the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms estimated that law enforcement nationally collected roughly 10,000 such firearms in 2019. Still, Clark County Sheriff and Republican gubernatorial candidate Joe Lombardo said at a recent forum that the state's largest police force only tracked six instances of homemade, non-serialized firearms over the past 12 months — adding that none of the firearms were used in a crime, and most were found in the Las Vegas Strip corridor.
Their argument is that these "ghost guns" are responsible for violent crimes, yet... the actual data provided shows only 6 tracked by police and none were used in crime at all.

Goes to show that even with all the facts, logic, and objective reasoning, their agenda takes priority.

-Robert

I like the part about being "allowed" to sell to licensed importers, manufactures, etc. to recoup ones investment so this can't be seen as government theft.

Their argument is that these "ghost guns" are responsible for violent crimes, yet... the actual data provided shows only 6 tracked by police and none were used in crime at all.

Goes to show that even with all the facts, logic, and objective reasoning, their agenda takes priority.

-Robert
FWIW only 6 tracked in Las Vegas.

"It generally prohibits a person from possessing, purchasing, transporting or receiving any unfinished frame or receiver of a firearm, or assembling any firearm not imprinted with a serial number."

I see alot of serial #1 firearms created..........

On a side note I do believe that is Guy Fieri on the left keepin it low key with the beanie.

1627421359858.png

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Serialized Arms shall not be infringed"

Stealing a gun (or buying a Black Market gun) is just plain easier.

And, after all it's not like I expect that a criminal will follow a law in the first place. Duh.
Criminals-Obey-the-law.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
"It generally prohibits a person from possessing, purchasing, transporting or receiving any unfinished frame or receiver of a firearm, or assembling any firearm not imprinted with a serial number."

I see alot of serial #1 firearms created..........
Will this be an option and what are the requirements laid out in AB 286 for adding a serial number?

Edit: I don't think the #1 serial number loophole will work to meet requirements in this law. The law states in part the following:

"Section 4 of this bill prohibits a person from manufacturing or causing to be
manufactured or assembling or causing to be assembled a firearm that is not
imprinted with a serial number issued by a firearms importer or manufacturer in
accordance with federal law and any regulations adopted thereunder unless the
firearm is:"

Last Edited:
Will this be an option and what are the requirements laid out in AB 286 for adding a serial number?

Edit: I don't think the #1 serial number loophole will work to meet requirements in this law. The law states in part the following:

Actually, the "Loophole" is right there in front of you, glaring you right in the face!

The term "Manufacture" implies something made, assembled, completed, when by design an 80% frame or receiver was not Manufactured, it is something else which should throw a monkey wrench in the works!

If I make a firearm at home regardless of whether I start from scratch or use an 80% frame or receiver it looks like I would be in violation of this law unless the frame or receiver was serialized by an importer or manufacture. What am I missing?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top