JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is, honestly, one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while. And for two very good reasons, straight from the article:

1. But the restraining order and preliminary injunction are a bit like closing the barn door after the 3D-printed horse has bolted, as Matt Largey of member station KUT notes: "Defense Distributed had posted the plans online for four days late last month. They were downloaded thousands of times and are being shared on other sites."

2. And as the court order specifies, the files can still legally be "emailed, mailed, securely transmitted or otherwise published within the United States."

What a load of bull. It's too late. It's already done. Give up now and move on to something important.

Dems will do whatever they can to restrict freedom of... everything.

On a very selfish and personal level, if I had a printer and were able to assemble (for instance) a 1911, would it work? And for how long?

Last Edited:
Well, the owner of DEFCAD has chosen to defy the court order and uploaded the plans anyway. This should be interesting.

Owner of 3D-Printed Gun Company Defies Court, Begins Selling Anyway

Correction - he is selling the plans via other means, and NOT uploading them directly to the internet as the article I linked above reports. What he is doing is still lawful and not in defiance of the court order.

Last Edited:
Well, the owner of DEFCAD has chosen to defy the court order and uploaded the plans anyway. This should be interesting.

Owner of 3D-Printed Gun Company Defies Court, Begins Selling Anyway

As always with gun articles in the press, you are well advised to go to original sources rather than listen to the spin or blatant lies contained in the headlines. All of these articles using words like "defy" are total bunk. What Cody is doing is selling the files on a DD branded USB stick, and snail-mailing to them to people who buy them. The authorization to do that comes directly from Judge Lasnik's decision, page 25:

order.jpg

The link to the entire decision is here: 3D printed gun | Injunction | Standing (Law)

There is a youtube video of the press conference Cody gave today. If you read the decision and/or watch the press conference, you will see he is not defying anything, he is complying and doing exactly what Judge Lasnik ordered:

Last Edited:
As always with gun articles in the press, you are well advised to go to original sources rather than listen to the spin or blatant lies contained in the headlines. All of these articles using words like "defy" are total bunk. What Cody is doing is selling the files on a DD branded USB stick, and snail-mailing to them to people who buy them. The authorization to do that comes directly from Judge Lasnik's decision, page 25:

View attachment 493646

The link to the entire decision is here: 3D printed gun | Injunction | Standing (Law)

There is a youtube video of the press conference Cody gave today. If you read the decision and/or watch the press conference, you will see he is not defying anything, he is complying and doing exactly what Judge Lasnik ordered:

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with the publication I cited, so I didn't have reason to suspect them as being hyperbolic/untruthful in their reporting. And I'll correct my post to reflect that. I actually heard it from 2 different sources, and I can't remember the 2nd, because I'd like to cross reference what they said too. I'm pretty good about posting correct information, as folks here know, but once in a while, one gets by me.

Last Edited:
I'm glad his first contract got funded, hopefully people will continue helping him with the fight on defcad.com.

I know I've been donating. Also picked up his book.

2018-08-29 07.07.48.jpg

What I don't understand is how this represents any real threat. Most people have problems keeping a 2d printer functioning, what makes this judge think people will be able to master 3d printers. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is how this represents any real threat. Most people have problems keeping a 2d printer functioning, what makes this judge think people will be able to master 3d printers. :rolleyes:

They don't want to know. I could easily see a person needing to devote a couple hundred hours to figuring out how to do it. There's a steep learning curve just to get to the point of basic competency, plus a $1000 or more in a machine, plus a couple hundred in plastics to practice with -- it's the hardest way to acquire the worst gun imaginable and any criminal with access to the black market has easier and cheaper options to get something that actually functions.

I

I frame it this way... Random people in occupied Europe were manufacturing illicit Sten guns with basic hand tools... The technical threshold to create functional auto-loading firearms is relatively low... The democratization of CNC and Milling machines only lower that barrier. In fact several illicit workshops in Mexico have been discovered to be using CNC machines to construct AR15 copies...

The Cartel Gunsmiths

In Australia they caught this guy making illicit MAC-10 Clones (though its unclear if he used a manual milling machine or a CNC one)

We're for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Cats out of the bag... You cannot put it back...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top