JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Excellent news for 2A Californians!! Fantastic!

Depending upon how long this injunction lasts, may further affect pricing & inventory.

So anyone whom needs to bump up a bit in stocks on hand should look round & get doing.

This judge must have spent many long hours carefully writing this 120 page ruling. That's someone who cares about the values the Founding Fathers wrote into the Constitution.
:s0116:

GOOD NEWS but then....CA Supreme Court and perhaps Federal Court and maybe all the way to the Supreme Court of the US? While they're at it......how come there isn't a case to fight CA's Assault Rifle Ban?

What's so hard to understand about, "....shall not be infringed"?

Whatever, hold your breath if you feel like it. It's not like I'll be wanting to move there.

Aloha, Mark

This is in the federal trial court. The state will appeal it to the federal court of appeals. After that it goes to the US Supreme Court.

As a current part timer here in San Diego (work) I applaud the ruling! The weather down here is fantastic! Its a shame the laws and people suck so much... The roster should also be challenged.:s0010:

5F6C9BC8-5A90-4E21-91E4-B3B5186B2E98.png

Link reference for the judge's injunction order:

I took a quick look at this 120 page ruling and there is a lot to like. Here are my favorites:

- good main gate and 4 door analogy for the way the current system works.
- even the foot notes are interesting.
- hammers the State's DL decisions which create confusion and when added to sanctuary status it is un known how certain non-citizens would be handled if doing illegal things

- " criminals, tyrants and terrorists don't do background checks."

- current regulations systematically prohibit or deter citizens
- concerned wth the % of citizens rejected over 7 months
- violation of Commerce Clause regarding Anti-importing
- State provides no evidence of an unlawful alien in possession problem
- hammers on no reasons given for background rejection other than a 15 digit telephone number and website address.

- " a very large number of law abiding citizens holding Second Ammendment rights have been heavily burdened in order to screen out a very small number of prohibited persons attempting to buy ammunition through legal means."

- love the references to Carnac the Magnificent and the quote "it does not take the imagination of Ray Bradbury or George Orwell to predict that a person planning a firearms-related crime will find a way around the background check systems."

- ammunition makes a firearm useful
- " Constitutionl rights would become meaningless if states could obliterate them by enacting incrementally more burdensome restrictions while arguing that a reviewing court must evaluate each restriction by itself when determining constitutionality."

- "In California, the State has enacted incrementally a burdensome web of restrictions on the Second Ammendment rights of law-abiding responsible gun-owners."

- "Nevertheless, without bullets the right to bear arms would be meaningless."

- "The same is true for Second Ammendment rights. Their loss even for minimal times constitutes irrepuable injury."

- "if there is an injury to the State, it is unquestionably of its own making."

- "California has tried its unprecedented experiment. The casualties suffered by law-abiding citizens have been counted. Presently, California and many other states sit in isolation under pandemic inspired stay-in-place orders. Schools, parks, beaches and countless non-essential businesses are closed. Courts are limping by while police make arrests only for serious crimes. Maintaining Second Ammendment rights are especially important in times like these. Keeping vigalent is necessary in both bad times and good, for if we let these rights lapse in good times, they might never be recovered in time to be resist the next appearance of criminals, terrorists, or tyrants."

ALL IN ALL, 120 PAGES OF LOGICAL, EASY TO READ JUDICIAL GOODNESS!

Last Edited:
All the online retailers are going to sell out while Californian's enjoy a week of freedom I suspect. I don't begrudge them the purchases they're about flood the internet with, just taking note.

All the online retailers are going to sell out while Californian's enjoy a week of freedom I suspect. I don't begrudge them the purchases they're about flood the internet with, just taking note.

Might be true but:

- many have already stocked up
- many internet sites currently have low inventory
- prices are currently high and if there is a rush will likely go higher due to supply vs demand :(

I must admit I took a quick look at TargetSportsUSA and one other site and did not see inventory for my go-to 9mmand .22 cal brands. However, no purchases were made by me.

Most likely most inventory is currently sitting in closed non-essential gun and sport stores.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top