JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blackwater may be in trouble but I am not sure if the private sales are illegal. The sten will get him 10 years and and a big fine.

Is there a limit on firearms you can buy in a year?

Kinda shady that blackwater allowed him to pull his consignment and do a parking lot deal. I wonder if he still game them a commission or if they had a relationship allowing him to do that.

That's a lot of firearms in a year, however, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, unless he was trying to turn a profit.

Let's be honest the feds could pull that crap with several people on the classifeds here. If I was them I'd pay close attention to this case.
Be interesting to see how he got that Sten?

"had purchased 122 handguns in less than five years" oh poop, I better slow down.

How does one get a full auto sten without thousands of dollars and a bunch of stamps? are those big on the black market? Im sure he did not make it with a parts kit and a machine shop.

Kinda shady that blackwater allowed him to pull his consignment and do a parking lot deal. I wonder if he still game them a commission or if they had a relationship allowing him to do that.

He was the landlord so there are multiple arms-length quit pro quos possible. Less rent, late rent payments, etc. They will find out what these were.

The MG possession is certainly his downfall. Also buying a firearm with the intent of selling it, already puts you on very thin ice. Hundreds of these are certainly enough probable cause to get a search warrant.

Not much sympathy from me, I am afraid.

The ATF pulled Blackwater's FFL, from what I'm guessing is being involved in this incident. Reading the article, I don't see what justification they would have to had to do so, if this is the incident causing the brouhaha.

Blackwater wasn't the Emblem Shop/MG owner. I understand going after the guy with the MG, but closing blackwater?

An interesting question is if the guns displayed at Blackwater had been entered into their bound book, or if the owner "displayed them on his own premises" without an official consignment agreement. Is it legal for Blackwater to have a firearm on their premises, that is offered for sale, without it being listed in their bound book?

The fact that the seller was the landlord makes these questions important. Perhaps someone in a similar circumstance can shed light on this?

This is their new tactic to shut down volume sellers. In all those mounds of paper work there must be a violation by the FFL and by obummer's honest dollar we'll find it. Closed down a big shop in Skagit that had been in operation multigenerational: Kesselring's. I am sure these activities are going on all over the country. Sure, the FFL's will make mistakes. Rival politicians went after my brother in law who was an FFL with many legal MGs. Upshot was it all went to court but his attorney got the venue changed to his home town. Jury was out 45 minutes. Not guilty on all charges. BIL was re-elected in land slide over and over. But had to sell most of his collection to pay atty.

As far as the Sten, I think you can make one of those in a High school metal shop. I dont think they are hard to make.
I saw a thing on a guy that had a semi auto Sten and just kept the full auto parts stashed.

I really hate that cases like this make the news but then we find out no details or facts about what really happened.

I remember hearing about a box truck full of AK47s and ammo coming to or from mexico was busted with illegals driving, should have been headline news but then quickly died in the news.
Seems like unless it fits the agenda they don't want to get the word out.

Also buying a firearm with the intent of selling it, already puts you on very thin ice. Hundreds of these are certainly enough probable cause to get a search warrant.

Doing that makes you a dealer in firearms, period. The ice is not just thin, it breaks, just like the person himself is doing in breaking the law.

With an investigation like this one going on for so long, and involving undercover purchases, it is probably a safe bet to assume that the investigators got some video and/or audio recordings of him making incriminating statements. He could have easily made incriminating statements in online messages as well. All of that can be used as evidence against him in a court of law.

Doing that makes you a dealer in firearms, period. The ice is not just thin, it breaks, just like the person himself is doing in breaking the law.

With an investigation like this one going on for so long, and involving undercover purchases, it is probably a safe bet to assume that the investigators got some video and/or audio recordings of him making incriminating statements. He could have easily made incriminating statements in online messages as well. All of that can be used as evidence against him in a court of law.

yet another straw dealer bites the dust.

I guess a lot of people are guilty then because you can't take guns with you so you must intend on selling them before you die. However I believe the original intention of the law is you need a lic to sell if you are making a living from the sales. Government no longer sees that as the original intention because they want control that leads to confiscation but then that is the way commies run things.

I intend to leave what few i have with family but if they have no intrest I will sell them on gunbroker. Won't sell them in Oregon now...:D

So the ATF used my taxpayer money to buy these guns from this guy at full retail, then pile them all in a group, and take a picture so the anit's can distribute the pic as "all these illegal guns on the street?" :mad::mad:

Very poorly written article, lots of assumptions. People selling guns in a shop on consignment can't change their mind? Unless they do it very often, I get that...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top