JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No surprise there. Why would anyone in Oregon want a card now anyway? To be honest I know nothing about the cards but it seems they wouldn't be necessary any more.

The thing about the card is that on Oct 1st, all need for the card goes away.
It's (or so I am told) cost $150 so, no one is getting new ones anymore.
My wife is going through Chemo right now, so I have learned a lot about these things, that I had honestly no idea about. The RSO, is what you need a card for, and certain amounts of edibles.
As I understand it, on Oct. 1st, anyone can buy anything.

re: Oregon

Last Edited:
From the 4473; "e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?". I'm fairly certain checking "yes" here effectively ends your transfer. Checking "no" means lying on a federal form.

Since SB 941 requires a background check on virtually any transfer, any medical or recreational marijuana user has been effectively barred from buying one legally in Oregon, as of the day 941 took effect.

The thing about the card is that on Oct 1st, all need for the card goes away.
It's (or so I am told) cost $150 so, no one is getting new ones anymore.
My wife is going through Chemo right now, so I have learned a lot about these things, that I had honestly no idea about. The RSO, is what you need a card for, and certain amounts of edibles.
As I understand it, on Oct. 1st, anyone can buy anything.

re: Oregon

Very true. This ruling is not that applicable anymore to either Washington or Oregon. Although if folks have had these cards in the past, I think that the ATF might take advantage of this ruling, to screw them.

This is a more serious issue to gun owners in other states like California or Nevada, where medical marijuana is the only legal way to buy it.

@Creep, I have bought cannabis products legally (in OR) since 941 went into effect (for my wife), and have had successful firearms transfers after that. Also have a valid CHL.
No medical card though.

Pushing towards lying on federal forms is what's happening a lot of places now days.

4473 asks... on a federal level if you are a user.

I sure wouldn't want to be busted unless I could use the Clinton excuse, but I'm not a career politician so that wouldn't work.

Creep wrote: "Since SB 941 requires a background check on virtually any transfer, any medical or recreational marijuana user has been effectively barred from buying one legally in Oregon, as of the day 941 took effect."

I hope the recreational, as well as medical users everywhere, take notice that their Federal Government is seeking to reduce ,or eliminate their rights based upon behavior that their State has legalized.

From the 4473; "e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?". I'm fairly certain checking "yes" here effectively ends your transfer. Checking "no" means lying on a federal form.

Since SB 941 requires a background check on virtually any transfer, any medical or recreational marijuana user has been effectively barred from buying one legally in Oregon, as of the day 941 took effect.
Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11.jpg

Yes, but, anyone in Washington who smokes the devil weed can check "no" in good conscience, since it is legal to use marijuana, and they wouldn't be considered an unlawful user of said drug. I think this ruling is BS. (And I don't even smoke weed, anymore! I think it's been over 10 years since I touched the stuff)

Yes, but, anyone in Washington who smokes the devil weed can check "no" in good conscience, since it is legal to use marijuana, and they wouldn't be considered an unlawful user of said drug.

But it IS unlawful in terms of federal law, and the Feds are the ones controlling the 4473.

Also a green card in Oregon is still useful if you are in serious need of high-powered edibles that you can't buy recreationally. Not sure if that changes in October based on what Garg said.

Am I reading this correctly that this ruling only applies to states within the 9th Circuit?

But it IS unlawful in terms of federal law, and the Feds are the ones controlling the 4473.

Also a green card in Oregon is still useful if you are in serious need of high-powered edibles that you can't buy recreationally. Not sure if that changes in October based on what Garg said.

Am I reading this correctly that this ruling only applies to states within the 9th Circuit?
I see your point- this whole thing makes me mad though. Just one more angle they are trying to work to get guns out of the hands of Americans. I'm sick of the gov trying to tell us how to think, what to buy, and how to perceive the world. As an aside, I would be way more likely to trust a stoned guy with a gun than I would a drunk guy.

I think this ruling is BS.

Dude: ALL THREE of the Federal Judges that ruled on this decision today were all appointees of our highly esteemed President Bill Clinton.

Do you actually think that ANY judges appointed by either Clinton or Obama will EVER rule in favor of gun owners? Clinton stacked the Federal courts with political appointees who share his agendas.

In fact, one of these 3 judges, Susan Graber, had previously been serving on Oregon's Supreme Court, when Clinton picked her for this Federal position.

Want to know what outstanding person appointed her to Oregon's top court? It was none other than the renown NEIL GOLDSCHMIDT!!

Here is a link to the court's ruling, if anyone wants to bother to read this BS:

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/08/31/13-70579.pdf

Just think what kind of judges the next President Clinton is going to appoint to the courts. One can rest assured that their agenda will be to neuter the 2nd Amendment.

In Oregon, the OSP does the BGC. The question I have then is OSP going to deny based on this ruling? If a OMMP holder already owns guns, what's to prevent them from confiscating them? Most states have the Feds run the checks, but not Oregon, we have to pay the state. The Feds do it for free. I hope the NRA tackles this, but I bet they don't touch it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top