Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Federal Court Rules CA Handgun Roster Constitutional

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Slobray, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

They were screwed again by another liberal judge..........

http://www.guns.com/2015/02/27/federal-judge-california-handgun-roster-is-constitutional/

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

California leads the rest of the nation. Knowing this it tells you what to buy now that you can't have later.o_O

hker71 and Caveman Jim like this.
  3. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

District court isn't the end-all be-all. The 9th circus will no doubt wind up with this case, and if that decision doesn't stick could wind up at the SCOTUS. Let's hope this gets overturned. Ginny Burdick and Floyd Prozac-Me probably just orgasmed at this news. *sigh*

4. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

The way SCOTUS has been lately, CA would need a circut split for them to eventually take it. With out the split, they would just ignore it.

Ray

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. FuzzyWombatSoup

FuzzyWombatSoup You Ess Eh(Mill Creek) New Member

As I'm still in CA, the only good side to this is by the time it makes to the CA9, far fewer guns will be on the roster since many hundred models are set to expire in the next few years. It'll be very difficult to argue it's not a complete ban.

6. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

what happened to "shall not be infringed"?

The founders were not constitutional scholars when they wrote the Constitution. They used plain English in good faith that we would understand plain English and adhere to what it said. When I became a citizen, I swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all foreign and domestic enemies. I studied the Constitution and agreed to what it says. I agreed specifically with that document but not necessarily with all future interpretations and spins the Courts will put on it.

Before we know it, we'll have traded liberty for a sticky web of court rulings and political agendas with no place to go.

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

This is what's called, "legislating from the bench".

8. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

Just think about it, what is a more likely a faithful interpretation of the 2nd Amendment?

1. Every state and their political subdivisions shall make their own laws to determine which persons may own a firearm, which persons may carry a firearm in public, whether firearms must or must not be concealed, which firearms must or must not be loaded, what type of firearms are permitted, how many rounds and what caliber are permitted, and furthermore which places shall be off limits, a.k.a. gun free.

2. Every law abiding citizen shall have the right to own and carry firearms for his or her defense, the defense of loved ones, and the defense of the state.

It's not that hard, why do we end up with the least probable interpretation?

BoonDocks36 and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Most Gen X have never even heard of the Bill of Rights and this is the future.....
    We, as lawful gun owners, must take a definitive stance and educate the constitutional illiterates.

U201491 likes this.
  10. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Careful there tossing that one around. There are a great deal of Gen X members on this forum who fight very hard right along side of you.

Oh, and keep in mind Gen X is considered born between the early 60s to early 80s. That is a huge group of people thank you.

As for a CA district court agreeing with a CA legislative ruling, not a huge surprise. This is a wait and see what happens item to me.

mkwerx, svxr8dr and ZigZagZeke like this.
  11. Caveman Jim

I said MOST.... not ALL..... GEEZE.....:p

BoonDocks36 and U201491 like this.
  12. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

At the rate California is going they will only be allowed to posses a board with a nail in it for protection.

13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

With the current legislators in Oregon, we just might soon be known as Northern California.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. Caveman Jim

I should have added GenY to the mix as it is its own enemy.
    Lets try and talk some sense into these kids.

15. SigmundSour

SigmundSour Greshland Member

image.jpg
    One can only hope!

BoonDocks36 likes this.