Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Federal Bulk .22lr Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by cbzdel, Mar 22, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Just wondering if there is any difference at all between the bulk 525 Federal .22lr and the bulk 550 Federal .22lr.

I realize there is a difference between 25 rounds, but whats the reason they would make 2 bulk boxes with only 25 round difference? Seems odd to me, unless they are not actually the same.

2. actionflies

actionflies Beaverton, Oregon Member

Same ammo. I've only seen the 550rds. at wal-mart and 525rds. at bi-mart.

3. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Don't know if its the same or not. But I havn't seen Wally World 550 packs for a year. They seem to be only able to get 375 packs now. It's pretty much the only store in town that sells ammo. :paranoid:

4. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I see the 525 packs everywhere and they are all $25+

The 550 at walmart is only like $13.99 (for the rare chance they are in stock)

Last time they had a shipment refused to sell me more than (2). I went back 2 hours later hoping the guy was no longer on duty and they were sold out :(

5. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I love the 525 packs, and I usually buy them on sale at Fisherman's or BiMart. I pick through the bulk packs to find the ones in the same lot # so I know they'll all be shooting about the same.

Walmart probably demanded that they get an extra 50 rnds per box from Fed. :)

6. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Walmart on SE 82nd had a crapload of the 550 packs for $18 each last time I was there (Saturday)

7. bennybooboo

bennybooboo Wet Side Member

Up here the salespeople at WalMart aren't quite up to par. They're trying to sell you .22-Short ammo that looks like .22LR at a glance. Wonder how many people have fallen for that one? Seriously, though... when was the last time a firearm was chambered to fire .22 Short? Even if it does fire in a firearm chambered for .22LR, how well would it shoot? Minute of broadside-of-a-barn?