JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
been a few months since I swapped out the red dot for the basic FOURTY NINE BUCK scope on my 10-22 and went in search of 300 yd steel.
..Mind ya now ,it's not accuracy I"m after it's that satisfying little....'tink' . almost can't hear it sometime.
......Tried it 2 days ago with 36 gr. Meateater ammo it sucked at 300 yds.
...sooo today dug out the box of A.M.and voila, hit after hit after hit. yay
the plate is about torso sized,with the little cheap 4x scope I can't see the hits so some hits I'm sure I just don't hear despite using amplified ear muffs.
...MY cheap azz 10-22 is stock except for a well broke in BX trigger. Just a fun thing to do on a nice day.

......OPEN INVITE, anyone headed to Florence and want to shoot at a very nice range, get ahold of me. Bring anything smaller than a .50 cal and we'll put an hour or so to good use.7 days a week , we have cover if it's raining.

I also like AutoMatch for good basic plinking ammo. Picked up a bunch of it after the last shortage. The lots that I have tried shoot pretty consistent for lower priced rimfire ammo. Hopefully the recent/current production stuff has remained consistent. I haven't bought any rimfire ammo in several years.

......OPEN INVITE, anyone headed to Florence and want to shoot at a very nice range, get ahold of me. Bring anything smaller than a .50 cal and we'll put an hour or so to good use.7 days a week , we have cover if it's raining.
I'll definitely have to take you up on this next trip to Florence. We try to go at least 1-2 times a year. Our favorite city.

I'll take you up on that sometime over the summer! We're heading to the less good coast in June/July and I'd like to take the kiddo up the coast here one last time before we move...so, will be driving right by you.

*Hey* try some ELEY ammo just for fun. It groups really nice in my 10-22 but may not work for 300 cuz it's pretty slow.
My 10/22 *really* likes CCI Clean. I'll dig up my target and attach it, but it rivaled SK Match - for quite a bit less $$$ per shot. It's just too bad by CZ didn't like it as much.

65B486DF-45A8-4ABF-BEE9-DBE08F8BF6E6.jpeg

I've found long range accuracy to be better with ammo that doesn't break the sound barrier. All (just about I think) .22LR drops subsonic before 200 yards...and the transition between super and sub is real hard on the little pews. Supers are great if hitting a target while they're still at speed, but if the plan is to go out to 200+ then you're better off staying sub sonic and accounting for the (massive) drop.

Last Edited:
Love Florence too. We will be RVing there this summer. Port of Siuslaw Campground in old downtown Florence.
Thanks for the invite will send a PM. I got some fun 22 plinking pistols.
1645804206336.png

Have you ever tried CCI Standard velocity? My CZ's did okay with it in our club 100 yard matches, but did even better with SK Standard Plus. But last week my 35 year old son cleaned my clock with the custom heavy barrel 10/22 I gave him a few years ago with the CCI Standard ammo. He said he waited until the wind stopped and would send all 10 as quick as he could before the wind picked back up. Oh, and it was my ammo, to boot.

I also will keep this in mind. Have a house there on Woahink Lake. Possibly doing Thanksgiving there this year!

Loved auto match back in the day, use to great stuff in my first CZ. Love some SK now especially pistol match I have taken it to 550 with the vudoo 60 MOA rail and 19 mils in the scope dial and still had to back off magnification to hold on the reticle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top