JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Typical management since the Depression, cut labor not prices. Before the Great Depression every economic downturn(and there were many) was followed by price cuts and corresponding cuts in wages which were to be expected. Somewhere along the way workers thought their wages were etched in stone and not to be cut and management thought their prices were also so you end up with today's economic impasse which neither side will budge. I realize this is a very simplistic evaluation but it is the basic core of the problem. It applies also to struggling parts of an otherwise healthy economy.

Good--------- Forget them for betting on Hillary and against the rest of the USA.
Same thing going on @ Freedom Munition's, massive layoff's.

Suck's for the employee's, Maybe they can find job's with non blood sucker's.

Good--------- Forget them for betting on Hillary and against the rest of the USA.
Same thing going on @ Freedom Munition's, massive layoff's.

Suck's for the employee's, Maybe they can find job's with non blood sucker's.
I was very concerned that Hillary would win. I wouldn't consider leveraging that possibility as bloodsucking. I've been buying ammo from them for some time now and I don't plan to stop. I'm not upset with the prices that I have paid for their products. You charge what the market allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said Blood sucker.
Maybe you should be in the ammo business.

We haven't changed our prices from 2008 until now and we still have all the same employee's.
They even got raise's over the year's.

Bet against America and gouge you get burnt for being a parasite.

You are correct you or I or anyone can say what they want.
You bet against the normal guy and price gouge charge ridiculous prices ("What the Market will bare" )
And go out of business in the end. Just like Freedom owing 25 million to the bank on a bad bet.

In the long run it's bad for the, market, consumers, employee's and the local town's to be a greedy prick.

It's the tortoise and the hair.

Not who can squeeze the most out of a penny.

I've been here since 2003 and ain't going down anytime soon.

If they could make money making 500 round of .22lr for $18.99 before Sandy Hook, they could again. They didn't have to lay them off, they are addicted to the new margins.

<Sigh>, This never seems to end. Guys when the ammo could not be found the plants started running 24/7. A lot started saying this was a set up. Now they have finally caught up and they don't need to run 24/7. Price only went up at the retail end. Many were still selling the ammo at the normal mark up. These guys do not sell to the public. They put the ammo on trailers and it goes to a distributor. It is amazing to me that so many shooters can't see the price of food going up so they think only ammo went up. This is what happens when you print money by the boat load daily to keep things going for 8 years.

Last Edited:
I had a rep tell me they do not make any money by producing 22lr, I just shook my head and walked away. Remember everyone price gouging and layoffs pertaining to guns and ammunition can divide us, let us NOT be a part of the maelstrom.

You bet against the normal guy and price gouge charge ridiculous prices ("What the Market will bare" )
And go out of business in the end. Just like Freedom owing 25 million to the bank on a bad bet.

In the long run it's bad for the, market, consumers, employee's and the local town's to be a greedy prick.

You seem to have a pretty strong opinion on this subject. From what you've said so far, I haven't been swayed. Would you be able to provide more information, so we might be able to arrive at a more informed opinion? Preferably with less name calling and insults, but however you like I suppose.

I had a rep tell me they do not make any money by producing 22lr, I just shook my head and walked away. Remember everyone price gouging and layoffs pertaining to guns and ammunition can divide us, let us NOT be a part of the maelstrom.
I have read the manufacturers say they make a very small profit off .22 ammo. This is often re told to say nothing, which I have never read them saying. They make a small markup but make billions of rounds. No company makes stuff at a loss. Again Federal and none of the big names sells to the public. People who keep talking about scalping? Where are you seeing Fed, Win, Speer or such selling you ammo? There is no such thing. The scalping was dealers who bought ammo then sold it during a shortage for what the market would allow. The sky is still there, it's really not falling. We had 8 years of Odumbo printing money like no end would ever come to make himself look good. This causes inflation folks. There is no .99 cent boxes of .22 ammo for the same reason there is no 50 cent loaves of bread. Waiting for either is going to be a long wait.

Like I said Blood sucker.
Maybe you should be in the ammo business.

We haven't changed our prices from 2008 until now and we still have all the same employee's.
They even got raise's over the year's.

Bet against America and gouge you get burnt for being a parasite.

And what ammo manufacture do you work for ?

That's bad for the 110 folks who are now out of work.
But when you have a company ( Vista Outdoors ) whose only real business is the buying of and make a profit from other companies , this can happen a lot.
Its too bad that the only real connection that Vista Outdoors has to the people who buy their products is our money from our wallets.

That said ...Federal makes great ammo and it sells at a fair price even at my small local gun store.
I will continue to buy Federal and CCI ( another company owned by Vista ) ammo.
I wish prices and availability were what they once were .... but as pointed out above the same could be said of many other products.

As for scalpers and gougers ... I haven't seen that from the local stores.
But at the guns shows ... there are folks who still try to sell ammo at "blackmail" prices...
Andy

I feel more gouged by people on line selling powder and ammo at rediculour rates than i do by federal who's prices have risen steadily for 8 years. A 325 of .22 is $19 at bimart I think. It has been something like that for s while but people, even people here, we're buying them there and charging $25+

Prices aren't going to be what they were but nothing else is either.

First thing it's not gouging. You don't have to buy ammo. It's what the market will bare. Why would someone in business let a gun store or gun show person make way more profits than they do? Good business would say raise my price if the public is willing to pay those high prices and prices the store can still make money.
Other thing is what's your business so I know not to buy your product?o_O
You seem a little angry to manufacture ammo for me;)

Ammo has been selling at top price for many years now. The fat cats have just gotten fatter. And the first sign of slowdown cut your workers not overhead. The CEOs make millions and the workers get the bone. Business as usual.

I have always liked federal ammo. It could also be the import ammo has cut into the market too much. Needs a little Trump attention mabey ? Keep US employed ?

Last Edited:
pretty much it.

Ammo needs to be cheaper if they want us to buy more.

when federal M855 is $0.42-0.48/rd and ZQI M855 is $0.31/rd...guess what...I'm not buying federal! ZQI looks much more appealing at 11 cents or more cheaper than the US based competition.

22LR is the same. prices since 2013 are outrageous for 22lr but all these fools kept buying it up and constantly depleting shelves of it forcing the prices to skyrocket, and now that it has for years...that price isn't coming down. 22lr is literally 2-3x more expensive now than it was 5 years ago. I used to pay $15-17 for a brick of 550rds at wallyworld for federal value pack...now you can't even touch that brick for under $40... instead they try to sell you a 325rd brick for $40

I must applaud CCI though.

CCI has stayed the same price the last 5+ years. Its always been about $0.08/rd for standard velocity CCI and that price is still the same today. Sure they have always been a more expensive brand but they are also superior quality as well. I don't mind paying the higher price when I get a clean consistent round that doesn't gunk up my gun and fires and ejects every single time. Doesn't have a hot load or a light load mixed in the box. just consistency and quality.

Federal on the other hand has gone up from about $0.02/rd for cheap bulk to $0.06/rd for cheap bulk 3x price increase for the same mediocre ammo...good for plinking and mag dumps, but not really the most accurate or consistent stuff out there...

Don't even get me started on remington or winchester...both are worse than federal and tend to have significantly higher failure rates with fail to fire and fail to eject issues.

then there's aguila...absolute trash dirt ammo. swear they use dirt and crushed bottle rockets for gun powder. 1 magazine of aguila is enough to get your pistol/rifle dirtier than 500+rds of CCI ammo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top