JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like Wade wanted his 5 seconds of fame. What REAL gunsalesman or smith would say something like that to a news crew in an unforgivingly anti-gun city like Seattle?
Tool

Old news... Last year the store in Tacoma came out with what happened.. Suprised it took this long fpr the Media morons to run with it.

Can it be made to work? Sure... Does it out of the box ?? NO.

It IS a little too close for a toy though LOL

I think the real danger lies in what the gun shop owner in the article said about shooting someone who pointed the "toy" at him.

These toys look real and I wouldn't want to take the time to debate the realness with someone pointing one at me; there is a very good probability that someone would get shot and killed.

Should it be in the hands of a child who is not properly trained and has knowledge of the repercussions of pointing a real looking firearm at another person? He-ll no!

I think the real danger lies in what the gun shop owner in the article said about shooting someone who pointed the "toy" at him.

These toys look real and I wouldn't want to take the time to debate the realness with someone pointing one at me; there is a very good probability that someone would get shot and killed.

Should it be in the hands of a child who is not properly trained and has knowledge of the repercussions of pointing a real looking firearm at another person? He-ll no!

The gun store owner is correct, point one of the airsoft guns at a police office and see what they do. I know I wouldn't have the time to find out if it was real or not in a split second, shoot, no shoot scenario.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

That's Wade for ya. Anything to make a buck. They still have signs up in their store saying "Buy them before Obama bans them". What a cheap sales gimmick. But hey, you need exposure to help sell Glocks $100 over market value, or PMAGS for over $20, or P.O.F.'s for $3500+. If people only knew there were gun shops nearby MUCH more friendly and with FAIR PRICES, Wade would be out of business. Just because their are lots of inexperienced gun owners with money in their pockets on the Eastside, doesn't mean you need to take advantage of them. Not to mention if you take your $2000 AR in to get worked on, you may never see it again.

Sorry, was that off topic?

As far as the Airsoft guns go, it would appear that the lower IS very similar in operation to a real AR. Whether or not that means you can actually turn it into a gun is another story. But why in an electric powered toy gun would you need an operational hammer? I think Airsoft is stupid, but I'm not 12 years old. That being said I think they could probably keep a very realistic gun without having an actual striking hammer. I think it's a big stretch, but the ATF has come forward saying they have been able to make a firing gun out of the Airsoft lower, so that tells me it can, and probably will be done by someone somewhere. Now if they could just post some instructions on how to do it so we can start buying up lowers at $20 and $30. KIDDING!!!!!! I happen to like my face, and would not like to see it get blown off by some catastrophic failure!

Its not 12 year olds buying $450.00 airsoft rifles. My son who is 26 and an E5 in the US NAVY is into Airsoft. He has an AR-15 type rifle a Sniper style rifle and a couple hand guns. When he is home on leave he goes out with a couple friends and joins up with other teams for mock battles if you will. They go to a place that is clearly marked for the event being held there and do the same type of excesses that the Army or the Marines would use for training. granted the ranges are less and the level of skill varies. But they are very into their war games.

Now others might sit on their fat asses and play video games. At least these guys are out in the woods getting some excersize.

Its not 12 year olds buying $450.00 airsoft rifles. My son who is 26 and an E5 in the US NAVY is into Airsoft. He has an AR-15 type rifle a Sniper style rifle and a couple hand guns. When he is home on leave he goes out with a couple friends and joins up with other teams for mock battles if you will. They go to a place that is clearly marked for the event being held there and do the same type of excesses that the Army or the Marines would use for training. granted the ranges are less and the level of skill varies. But they are very into their war games.

Now others might sit on their fat asses and play video games. At least these guys are out in the woods getting some excersize.

You are right, the 12 year olds have their parents buy $450 airsoft guns for them. Most people over the age of 18 would rather just take that $450 and buy a REAL gun, you know, one that fires REAL bullets. I don't think running around in the woods shooting at your buddies with something that doesn't even hurt would even remotely simulate battle, no matter how old you are. I think they just call it "Grab-***". At least paintball hurts, and have much more range. No known US military group uses Airsoft to practice EXERCISES, however they do use simmunitions and computer generated simulations that closely resemble video games.

the gun in Q? was an air powered gun that had all the same componets as the real thing
hammer etc and it could be swaped out on a real gun for FA dont know were my liks are but i belive its on akfiles some were

You are right, the 12 year olds have their parents buy $450 airsoft guns for them. Most people over the age of 18 would rather just take that $450 and buy a REAL gun, you know, one that fires REAL bullets. I don't think running around in the woods shooting at your buddies with something that doesn't even hurt would even remotely simulate battle, no matter how old you are. I think they just call it "Grab-***". At least paintball hurts, and have much more range. No known US military group uses Airsoft to practice EXERCISES, however they do use simmunitions and computer generated simulations that closely resemble video games.

Well my son has real firearms. But as he says they won't let him shoot his buddies with them. And a 6mm pellet at 400fps damn well does hurt. And no Painball guns do not have more range. Which tell me you do not know what your talking about.

this rifle is 530fps

TSD SD97 (OD GREEN) SPRING Airsoft Sniper Rifle - Airsoft Guns | Trinity Airsoft

About 1/2 the speed of a std velocity .22LR at 100-125 yards So yes it's going to hurt.

As to simulating battle or a fire fight since the military does that with blanks and lasers I see no reason why a 400fps 6mm pellet wouldn't work as well.

And clearly you just want to stick up for your grown up son who plays with toys, we all get that. He is after all an "E5 in the Navy".

Anyways, you are obviously the one who does not know what you are talking about. I've been shot by many a airsoft gun (even one's as fancy as your 'sons') point blank on skin and yes, it stings. They are however made of plastic, which is very light (25 grains) compared to its relative size. What does that mean? It means you can shoot a wiffle ball at 1000 miles an hour, but it probably won't make it 100 ft. And the military does not use them for obvious reasons. They are stupid. But also, you would need to be within 100ft or so. How many battles has your son been in that took place within 100ft range?

I've seen grown men dress in Medieval clothing and hit each other with hockey sticks wrapped in foam padding. Doesn't mean it's cool. It's like fantasy land. For your kid's sake, I wouldn't go around telling people about the running around in the woods with airsoft guns thing. They might not understand like we do.

I agree with you. Most of legal age will buy the real thing if they can. Airsoft guns are toys, nothing more, regardless. Another thing is some that are of age really can't afford a $10,000 or $50,000 rifle at the drop of a hat so they buy a toy that resembles it....Most boys/girls do grow out of it.

I never got into airsoft or paintballs. I always went with the real thing and am qualified to carry with the military.

"This actually looks like an auto sear out of a machine gun," he said. He found internal parts that could allow someone to make a fully functioning lower receiver, the only part of the gun that requires a background check to buy.

"In all firearms, the receiver is the registered or controlled part," said Gaughran. “We could set in the trigger parts with very little alteration and you would get a weapon that would fire."
You do that, and rip off a 30rd mag full auto. I'll stand behind this wall...

one can convert some pipe and a 2x4 to fire bullets with basic tools - does that mean we're considering raw materials firearms now as well?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top