JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to Bimart today to replenish my .22 LR ammo, and the shelves were bare. Called 6 stores across the state and same story. Called other stores (Walmart etc) and same story. Does anyone know where I can buy some Federal AE .22 LR copper plated ammo?

525 count box (black/blue background with gray lettering) or 400 count box (red background with yellow lettering). I forget the difference between each type, but they are very similar. I think the 525 count is 36 gr HP and 400 count is 38 gr HP. Either one is fine with me, I've shot both -- I try to stay away from lead nose, which has caused me feed issues due to the nose hitting the feed ramp and indenting the lead, so it gets stuck.

this in not good to hear. I was just about to buy some more of this. Let us know if you find any

Every store said it has been this way for months, they have no clue when they will receive more due to high demand which causes uncertainty from the manufacturer, and your best bet is to call each morning and see if their nightly shipment had any ammo. They also all said that the ammo sells within 24 hours.

This is crazy for .22 LR to sell like this. And the prices ... supply/demand, no complaint there. However, the same box that cost me $15 6 months ago now costs $25-30 depending on where you look, online or local!

Yesterday the story I got was that one of the Walmarts in Salem had piles of federal bulk packs. My friend picked one up for me but I will have to wait till I see her to tell you exactly what type of federal it is. (supposed to be plated though)

Steven

Yesterday the story I got was that one of the Walmarts in Salem had piles of federal bulk packs. My friend picked one up for me but I will have to wait till I see her to tell you exactly what type of federal it is. (supposed to be plated though)

Steven

The walmart stuff is the red 550 round bulk packs, I believe they may be the same as the blue 525 packs.

I was able to back order some through cabela's but I'm not sure if that's still available. I ordered last thursday, they aren't shipping until 6/25/13. I was only allowed to order 3 50round boxes so I'm still on the hunt too

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.