JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Ok, So I really dont care about selling any of my .22LR but I have plenty and so I figured I would sell a box just to screw with the douchewaffles who are still asking $50 for a brick. I know it wont make any difference in the long run. I know they will not suddenly come to the correct conclusion that they are infact much of the problem with the .22LR market. If everyone would stop buying every damn brick of .22LR just because its on the shelf and stop paying the ridiculous prices all those resellers would get stuck with the ammo they have stockpiled and pretty soon the market would normalize. To any of you out there still paying crazy prices for .22LR please stop. If no one in the Pacific Northwest payed a dime over what Walmart or Bimart sells it for retail by the end of summer there would be ammo on the shelf and the resellers would be out of business. Yes that might mean that for 6 months or maybe even a year you could not shoot your .22, However it would also mean that by next year you would be shooting it for .03-.04 cents a round. If you are local and really need some .22 to take your kid shooting, stop by and I'll sell you a few boxes for a nickel a round.

So. I am in Auburn WA., Today is Wednesday. On Friday I'll pick a name at random from all those that replied and are able to pick up the ammo in person. $5 cash green American for a brick of Federal, Thanks, and have a great day.;)

federal525-22lr.jpg

I'm not in this since I am too far away. However, your math is off. You are selling this ammo for LESS THAN a PENNY per round!! That means it takes a period and 2 zeroes before you even get to a number representing your awesome price!!!

I've gotten so used to seeing 10-cents-a-round that I've forgotten the REAL price.

I'm not in this since I am too far away. However, your math is off. You are selling this ammo for LESS THAN a PENNY per round!! That means it takes a period and 2 zeroes before you even get to a number representing your awesome price!!!

I've gotten so used to seeing 10-cents-a-round that I've forgotten the REAL price.

My math is not off, it's two seperate deals. This brick is $5, I am also offering a few boxes at a time at a nickel a round to those with kids who want to take them shooting but can't score a bit of .22LR. A nickel a round is still more than I paid but I am not selling it because I am worried about the few bucks a box. The offer is simply to keep those who want to keep their kids shooting while .22 is scarce and too keep them from supporting the resellers who are wrecking the market for everyone else.

I see your point on getting kids out to shoot. It's a fine thing you are doing and I needed to compliment you. Please do not put my name in the hat just cause I posted, just wanted to say thanks for the good deed.

Jim.

Your a great guy IM!;)

I agree 98%. The other 2% is that easily half my arsenal is made up of .22lr rifles and pistols so not shooting them for 6 months would take some effort.

That and even if I have to pay 8-10¢ a round - that's still easily half the price of shooting any of my other guns.

I'm too far away to travel and too full on .22 to feel ok putting my name in the hat.

Just wanted to say good on you and hopefully generousity like this doesn't get missused or abused.

Jim it's a simple as if we all stick together and help each other out we all win. I am all for capitalism, I'm not even really against "gougers". What I am against is the damage being done to the shooting community by a self induced shortage. It's just as much the people buying at the inflated price as those selling at the inflated price. I can't do anything about the sellers but maybe I can get through to a few buyers

A lot of folks complain, I figured this was a way to "put my money where my mouth is" so to speak.

Last Edited:
This is awesome! Im in...I've got three kids that are far more interested in sending rounds down range in a hurry without so much of a focus on hitting anything. Between the 10/22 and the P22 they can blow through a box in a hurry!

IronMaster, I think you are the BOMB!
I don't need this. I have plenty and my grandson won't be of shooting age for a year or so, but my hat is off to you for what you're doing. Hopefully some kid will be the recipient of your generosity. It's all about the kids as far as I'm concerned.

Allow me to hi-jack a little. When I was much younger, my favorite Christmas present came from Dad. I'd get a brick of 22 LR wrapped in underwear, then wrapped in Christmas paper. "Long rifles wrapped in shorts", Dad would say. :D

Take a kid shooting. It's the best thing for all of us.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.