JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having some to go shooting with is not at all who I'm talking about. Buying into the scarcity mentality is simply rewarding the ammo manufacturers and scalpers for creating a false shortage in the first place. But I'm sure they'd never do it again.....

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may...ion-such-22-caliber-rimfire-ammunition-person

"May a licensee sell interchangeable ammunition such as .22 caliber rimfire ammunition to a person less than 21 years of age?"

"Yes, provided the buyer is 18 years of age or older, and the licensee is satisfied that the ammunition is for use in a rifle. If the ammunition is intended for use in a handgun, the buyer must be at least 21 years of age."

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]
Thank you, Wayoutwest! I appreciate the information and the response. However, considering I am well beyond looking under 35, it seems odd they would ask me if the ammo was for a handgun. They didn't ask my age (which would seem to be the more appropriate question) and I was by myself. I guess next time I see some .22 on the shelf, I'll buy a box and answer 'yes' when they ask and see what happens. Thanks again, I appreciate the response.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top