JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in my local Portland Walmart this afternoon and saw 12 boxes of the AutoMatch 325 packs on the shelf. He said he's had them for a couple of days. That's partly because it's 1 per customer, but still, I don't know anyone that's kept 22LR on the shelf for a "couple of days" lately? Maybe it's a good sign. Price is still too high for my liking at $18.99 but at least its out there. Federal 22LR.jpg

Federal 22LR.jpg

I think supply is finally catching up with demand.

I say this because I have been able to restore a comfortable buffer/backstock, and I just realized I haven't visited a Bimart or Walmart in hopes for .22 at a reasonable price in weeks...

I think supply is finally catching up with demand.

I say this because I have been able to restore a comfortable buffer/backstock, and I just realized I haven't visited a Bimart or Walmart in hopes for .22 at a reasonable price in weeks...

It's the beginning of the worst weather we get here. Ammo supplies always are easier to find this time of year.

I have found .22 twice at the Newberg BiMart this week....50 round boxes (I forget what brand) and
Minimags. Picked up some mini mags. I have a good supply of .22 and only purchase if I see MM.

Gun show at the Expo Center.....Thunderbolt at $50.00, some at $40.00. It'll probably still be there tomorrow if your wanting some. LOL :D

Newberg BiMart this morning....winchester 333rd mini bricks for 5.096 cents a bang.
They had 6 on the shelf, pushed back and not real noticable.
...but stock on the shelf!

^^^I don't believe so. Too much supply going around and the gouger ads I see in the classifieds don't get payed much attention to. Hopefully someday the price per rd will be back down to what it was before Newtowne and we can all shoot 22 as freely as we want to

I actually saw a lone box of Remington on the shelf at Walmart the other day. As it's been some time since I've bought ammo, imagine my surprise when the clerk looked up from scanning them and said "Are these for a handgun? We have to ask."
Is anyone else running into this? I said no (as -this- box is for a rifle). Later, I got to wondering - what if I had said 'Yep!'? Why do they need to know? What do they do with the info? Tally up the Handgun vs Rifle ammo purchases? Refrain from selling .22 'Handgun Ammo' in the future? It just struck me as an odd question.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may...ion-such-22-caliber-rimfire-ammunition-person

"May a licensee sell interchangeable ammunition such as .22 caliber rimfire ammunition to a person less than 21 years of age?"

"Yes, provided the buyer is 18 years of age or older, and the licensee is satisfied that the ammunition is for use in a rifle. If the ammunition is intended for use in a handgun, the buyer must be at least 21 years of age."

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]

The .22 supply around here , still is spotty.
The only bricks I have seen are Eley match and those are too spendy for me just to play around with.
Remington Golden Bullets or whatever they are called are also seen by the tub sometimes.
CCI MiniMags by the 100 count are seen the most , with prices being around $10.00 retail , but even that has been awhile so I may not be remembering right ...
Andy

^^^I don't believe so. Too much supply going around and the gouger ads I see in the classifieds don't get payed much attention to. Hopefully someday the price per rd will be back down to what it was before Newtowne and we can all shoot 22 as freely as we want to

I wish...

...but wouldn't hold my breath. Still, the ammo situation is improving, and the .22LR prices will continue to move back to sane levels.

At some point, guys will look in their closets and see that they have a thousand bricks stockpiled, and not really be interested in fronting more $$$ as the prices drop and the value of their stashes decline. The hoarded ammo will start to trickle back into the market. Heck, the prices are dropping, and availability is up.

My LGS in Seattle has 50 round boxes available at $4, on the shelf every day. 2 box limit, but it's a legit price, and they've always got a bit on hand.

FWIW, I hit Cabelas up the other morning; picked up two 555 round boxes for $34.99 each. 6.3 cents a push. Maybe the real takeaway is that their limit has now been upped to 1200 rounds per purchase.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may...ion-such-22-caliber-rimfire-ammunition-person

"May a licensee sell interchangeable ammunition such as .22 caliber rimfire ammunition to a person less than 21 years of age?"

"Yes, provided the buyer is 18 years of age or older, and the licensee is satisfied that the ammunition is for use in a rifle. If the ammunition is intended for use in a handgun, the buyer must be at least 21 years of age."

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]

Well, slap me silly with some stupid government! 'Cause teenagers would never lie!:confused:
Thanks, wayoutwest! I did not know that stupid statute!

Regarding the .22 and under 21 years of age law ...
This also can apply to centerfire pistol cartridges as well.
A long time ago before I was 21 , a friend owed a Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum. We went to the local gunshop to buy some ammo to go shooting and were refused because we both we under 21.
At that time I was just under 21 by a few months and had been in the Army for almost three years and had seen combat .
Seemed kinda silly then and still does now.
This was long before the youth handgun safety act of 1997.
Andy

Last Edited:
You mean the #@!% holders are Finley running out of room to store more ammunition they will ever use? Sorry if this offends you.. but really I hope you at some point calculate how much being stupid has really cost you when you see all the $15 bricks everywhere.

You mean the #@!% holders are Finley running out of room to store more ammunition they will ever use? Sorry if this offends you.. but really I hope you at some point calculate how much being stupid has really cost you when you see all the $15 bricks everywhere.

I'd rather have spent more on .22 then I can in 5 years (if it's even cheaper then) and have a stash to shoot whenever I want and loose some cash then not have any at all or wait and hope I can find some before I plan to go shooting.

Any moron that has ever bought a brand new vehicle from a dealer has lost more the first day they drove it then I ever will on my firearms and ammo purchases;).

I've found the greater the hate for hoarders, the bigger the envy driving all of the derogatory comments :D

I do not consider myself a hoarder, but these past few years if I can afford it , I buy a box or two of ammo of some kind with each visit to a gun shop or show.
As Joe13 said ( para-phrase ) its nice to have some when you want to go shooting , then to hope you find some when you want to go shooting.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top