JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I disagree - I think that many of the laws are needed and are required. Lets lok at drug useage. What you dont want to admit is that alot of other crimes are created from those that use drugs to support thier habbits. My house has been attempted to be broken into once and the second time it actually was, so that some addict could get something to sell for another fix. It isnt the drugs that I am agaisnt it is the action of those that need to support thier drug habbits and the unlawful activities associted with drug usage. I really dont much care what happens to the addict that is there choice to take that first hit. I see out lawing drugs as preventing many of the crimes associated with drugs. I do not see any of the effects of an addict being nice and sweet.

James Ruby

I disagree - I think that many of the laws are needed and are required. Lets lok at drug useage. What you dont want to admit is that alot of other crimes are created from those that use drugs to support thier habbits. My house has been attempted to be broken into once and the second time it actually was, so that some addict could get something to sell for another fix. It isnt the drugs that I am agaisnt it is the action of those that need to support thier drug habbits and the unlawful activities associted with drug usage. I really dont much care what happens to the addict that is there choice to take that first hit. I see out lawing drugs as preventing many of the crimes associated with drugs. I do not see any of the effects of an addict being nice and sweet.

James Ruby

All those laws outlawing drugs and those addicts still break into your house. And yet you still think those laws are needed and required.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The war on drugs is a scam and a lie to empower the Alphabet gangs to intrude into your life and empower the police state. As far as pot goes, it is illegal only because the government wouldn't be able to profit from its legal use and/or it would take profits away via alternative sales of similar products. Just as the WOT is a total fraud also.

Even the FBI has admitted that pot is not a dangerous drug. Alcohol is a much more damaging 'drug' in terms of human cost.

It has many other benefits besides 'getting high' also. This is coming from someone who doesn't smoke it merely because it doesn't do anything for me except make me hungry. (Sucks I tell you)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally the heart of the matter...you're more concerned about the legalization of drugs than this sorry sods loss of right to carry. Nothing at all to do with a felon with a weapon. You feel he shouldn't be a felon in the first place because drugs should be legal. Well guess what, too bad... they are illegal, he is a felon, and he was illegally carrying.

Now if you're actually concerned with a felon being able to possess firearms, go stand on the street corner with your petition and collect signatures to get it on the ballot. It will probably work out just as well as the dude standing next to you collecting signatures to legalize pot. Good luck with that.

Not pro-Pot, not pro-criminal. Just anti infringement on my 'rights' as an individual to do what I want when I want. More importantly, my right to be left alone.

The non-thinking drones are all for every possible intrusion into their day to day life by government. Pretty soon it will be illegal to flush your toilet twice. Control freaks galore.

Anyone can be a felon at any time so think about that before you think you really have any 'right' to own a gun.

B.O. (a puppet), so I'll say TPTB instead, are making any little thing a felony these days. Have you ever downloaded a song or a movie without paying for it? Well, you might join the 'felon club' and lose your 'right' to own a firearm. This is why I agree with the previous poster that said we can all be felons if need be, to get around 2A.

The White House today proposed sweeping revisions to U.S. copyright law, including making "illegal streaming" of audio or video a federal felony and allowing FBI agents to wiretap suspected infringers.

In a 20-page white paper (PDF), the Obama administration called on the U.S. Congress to fix "deficiencies that could hinder enforcement" of intellectual property laws.

• The White House is concerned that "illegal streaming of content" may not be covered by criminal law, saying "questions have arisen about whether streaming constitutes the distribution of copyrighted works." To resolve that ambiguity, it wants a new law to "clarify that infringement by streaming, or by means of other similar new technology, is a felony in appropriate circumstances."

Finally the heart of the matter...you're more concerned about the legalization of drugs than this sorry sods loss of right to carry. Nothing at all to do with a felon with a weapon. You feel he shouldn't be a felon in the first place because drugs should be legal. Well guess what, too bad... they are illegal, he is a felon, and he was illegally carrying.

Now if you're actually concerned with a felon being able to possess firearms, go stand on the street corner with your petition and collect signatures to get it on the ballot. It will probably work out just as well as the dude standing next to you collecting signatures to legalize pot. Good luck with that.

You still don't get it? Drug laws are just one category of government malfeasance. There are many "felons" who are locked up for nothing more pissing off government bureaucrats or failing to follow senseless rules, and they lose their right to self-defense forever.

Keep worshiping "the law", when 2A is finally eradicated it will be through the exact same procedure as the drug war.

I personally do not care why they steal - that is thier problem - the simple fact that they have a habbit that they cannot afford makes them a pariah on socieity. They chose to become an addict and hence are of thier own making preying on society. They are criminals.

James Ruby

Either way the law is the law. If someone doesn't like it, they can work to get it changed. No one has the right to break the law, even an unconstitutional one, without consequences. They have the right, and duty, to work to appeal those laws.

The idea that people should be able to break laws, for any reason, negates the concept of laws. By extension it negates the concept of a constitution as well, as that lays out the legal boundaries of the government.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I personally do not care why they steal - that is thier problem - the simple fact that they have a habbit that they cannot afford makes them a pariah on socieity. They chose to become an addict and hence are of thier own making preying on society. They are criminals.

James Ruby

Just as the state created "criminals" with gun control laws, the majority of drug "criminals" were created by the state, either via the bureaucratic law, or price inflation and the creation of dangerous black markets.

If you want proof that the prohibition approach of the US regime is a failure, just look at the drug situation in European countries that aren't plagued with the industrial prison-police complex.

You still don't get it? Drug laws are just one category of government malfeasance. There are many "felons" who are locked up for nothing more pissing off government bureaucrats or failing to follow senseless rules, and they lose their right to self-defense forever.

Keep worshiping "the law", when 2A is finally eradicated it will be through the exact same procedure as the drug war.

We are on opposite ends - you dont get that there are laws wether you like them or not - they exist and if you decide to break those laws you are a criminal. These laws are not "malfeasance" they are laws voted into law by our representatives. They are there for a purpose. I do not support the usage of drugs without a doctors perscription and I will never support a convict having a firearm, even for personal protection. As a criminal they lost that right and the majority of society agrees.

James Ruby

I would bet that the people supporting convicts with guns have had problem with the law and dont want to take responsibility for thier own actions - any takers on that bet?

You seem to thinks it is our gorvernments responsibility to ensure that drug prices are affordable for addicts - sorry cant buy that one.

A criminal is someone that commits a crime - an addict by nature of being addict has already broken laws making them a criminal.

James Ruby

Just as the state created "criminals" with gun control laws, the majority of drug "criminals" were created by the state, either via the bureaucratic law, or price inflation and the creation of dangerous black markets.

If you want proof that the prohibition approach of the US regime is a failure, just look at the drug situation in European countries that aren't plagued with the industrial prison-police complex.

If you like the drug laws in europe better .......

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top