JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

To answer your question and stay on topic this is I belive the group putting this event together. While I'll agree that in Olympia the speakers did get off topic and got to "preachy" for me, I wasn't offended. IMO people are to sensitive and need to lighten up. The reason you see a bunch of right wing Christian speakers there is because there are no left wing agnostics that seem to be pissed about our 2nd amendment rights being trampled!! Most Christians are not very vocal about thier beliefs because its not "cool" anymore to express them. But this issue has caused a normaly quiet group speak out. I would like these rally's to stay more focused on the 2nd, but I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone either left, right, white, black, rich or poor who want to save out constitution.

I am about as staunchly atheist as it gets, and yet I could not care less if a speaker or rally attendee wants to put up a religious speech or sign. The majority of the crowd at Olympia had no religious bend to it. There were tons of people who appeared to be 2A-supporting democrats, independents, atheists or non-Christians, and people who I would generally not even figure as gun owners at first glance.

I thought a group of early 20-somethings were going to crash the protest, until I realized they were all packing in the open. They looked like they stepped right out of an Occupy protest, but they were there to support our common cause.

If you don't like the Jesus talk, plug your ears. If you don't want to pray, don't do it. Unless the crowd takes to the tones of Westboro Baptist Church, quit complaining.

Our #1 goal right now is NUMBERS. We have to show a huge presence and a sense of solidarity whenever possible. You are going to have to look past some other beliefs not shared with others in the crowd if you want to achieve this.

Our #1 goal right now is NUMBERS. We have to show a huge presence and a sense of solidarity whenever possible. You are going to have to look past some other beliefs not shared with others in the crowd if you want to achieve this.

you give me hope, let's hope the majority shares your thought process, I'm in your camp......great post

But it doesn't mean excluding the majority.

end up not getting the 70% of us that support gun rights, but instead just get the 5% that support gun rights

Where do you get your data? And don't say your live chat and youtube channel

and who made you spokesman for gun owners.....I happen to have many of the same veiws as you so I'm not picking on you but you need to swallow that pride a little and go for the big picture

The way i see it, is NOT to start arguing among ourselves, that's what the anti's want you to do, be disorganized and fighting with each other. Then while that is happening, they slip in the backdoor, and get it their way. WE ALL need to get on the phones and really SHIFT this thing into high gear, if everyone on this site would call 5 people, and those 5 call 5 more and right on down the line, you would be shocked how many would respond. SO, make it YOUR PRIORITY TO CALL at LEAST 5 people,TODAY, about the Rally on the 8th of Feb. THEN, ask them to call at least 5 more. Make a REAL effort, it'll only take a few minuets. START TODAY!! thank you.

There was one speaker at the Salem Rally, I can't remember her name, that got a little off track, but I just tuned her out. I was there to support gun rights not to listen to her rattle on about politics. She went off on some things that were not politically related to guns, so I just chose to use that time to talk to others around me.

Diversity means accepting all, diverse backgrounds and beliefs. In the end all are there for gun rights, we need more than just the atheist pro abortion gun owners if we hope to hang on to these rights do we not?

Throw out your own particular banner at the rally and represent your own particular sect of gun owner group whatever that label may be. Realize that all those other people with their own particular beliefs are just looking to live their lives and care for their familys just as you are, they're not monsters, just people.

Say it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to wonder if Playboy is deciding if it would make a good video for his you tube channel.
How could he incorporate it with him being the center of attention.

Hey,just how i see his argument from others 'quoting' his posts,as I have him on my ignore list.

Oooohhhhhh boy..... The cricket card has been slapped down :s0093:

I feel like an 8 year old boy looking out my window and watching the OK corral right before all the excitement. Seriously that cricket is funny.

SF-

So here is a view on this:

PBP: I am 100% devoted to the teachings of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I fully support the sanctity of life, respect all religions, views and believe that the constitution is just as valid today as it was 200 years ago. While we cannot protect ourselves from hearing anything that may "offend" our ears on a daily basis we as adults have to make the choice to move past and get through it realizing that others may have different opinions from us. If I was at a Pro-Gun rally and one of the speakers decided to go off on a tangent about anything I don't agree with, I personally would take a deep breath and let them express their 1st Amendment. With that said...

I for one would LOVE to see standing beside me somebody who may be as opposite of the spectrum as I am supporting the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't mean we have to sit there and talk about God, abortion, rebellion, heaven or hell. We don't even have to go as far as speak about homosexuality, the spotted owl and how it was demolished by it's bigger cousin owl, logging in Oregon & Washington, how wonderful Planned Parenthood is or any other topic that can cause divisions between men (or women).

How about we stand together on a belief that our Constitution is under attack and divided we are conquered but united we stand?

I reject that line of thinking. I was at the previous rallies and I did not feel I was represented. I also did not see myself standing for gun rights. I saw myself standing for people with right wing values who just happened to own guns (but spent more time talking about religion, abortion, and rebellion than they did firearms). If the feedback on my YouTube channel, facebook, and other forums is any indication the majority of people at these local rallies, and those like them, felt the same. Many of the national rallies did not choose to become a "Guns 4 Christ" rally and the response has been very positive. I cannot say the same for the local ones. I, and I feel many others like me, will not be bullied to choose the lesser of two evils. I will not support something I do not because it may support something I do. I will find other ways to make myself seen and heard.

Just bring a sign that represents your line of thinking: Maybe something like....I have left wing values. I vote democrat. I am pro gun......

I cannot find the facebook page for Guns Across America Washington any longer. I am wanting to find info regarding the upcoming rallies in february. Anyone have any info? Did the facebook page get removed?

I am trying to decide if I want to attend again (and whether to go to Salem or Olympia) or if I am going to sit it out if it is just going to be another "Right wingers for Jesus" rally.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves. Which is just another way of saying that when you obtain rights for the other guy, you win them for yourself, too.)

Supporting the second amendment is about supporting ALL of the rights enumerated in the constitution, having them represented at a pro 2nd amendment gathering is just an expression of what we have to lose if we lose the 2nd amendment. I didn't care for the preachy part in Olympia but I felt it was appropriate for people to say "this is who I am" and I want to protect the right to remain that way.

Found this for people who are looking for more info. It looks like these guys are working on the Permit for the Olympia Rally and trying to organize it a bit more.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

The problem with Olympia was not only the preachy stuff, I didn't mind the Iranian preacher, he's genuine, but Clint Didier who was out talking about forming committees of safety and talking about protecting your ham radio from EMP bombs was off the deep end. And when he started bashing unions at the gun rally, that was not the time or place. it seems though that most people here don't care becuase they weren't personally offended.

something tells me if I put up a speaker at a gun rally saying we need guns to overthrow the corporations and that we needed more welfare programs and then use our guns to protect gay rights that all of you who are criticizing penguin would be saying the exact same thing.

easy solution, those unrelated poltical issues had no place there in Olympia.

Not attending the rallies because you don't agree with 100% of the speakers and attendees is like not voting in the last election because you didn't agree with everything Romney and Ryan stood for. Look how well that turned out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top