JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I cannot find the facebook page for Guns Across America Washington any longer. I am wanting to find info regarding the upcoming rallies in february. Anyone have any info? Did the facebook page get removed?

I am trying to decide if I want to attend again (and whether to go to Salem or Olympia) or if I am going to sit it out if it is just going to be another "Right wingers for Jesus" rally.

I'm not sure that Guns Across America is still a legitimite organization. Their web site looks like there hasn't been any webmaster intervention for quite some time. No new info for a year.

I am trying to decide if I want to attend again (and whether to go to Salem or Olympia) or if I am going to sit it out if it is just going to be another "Right wingers for Jesus" rally.

Playboy, If you would prefer the rallys not lean so far right and have a religious slant. I would suggest that you need to show up. As should people of ALL progun points of view. By staying away your "slant" on things is not being represented. Show up bring a sign that proclaims your views on the Progun movement and be part of the effort.

I'm a non religous person I hold no real views on the matter but I went I was as they say "counted" I stood up for my ideas. You should too.

They changed their name to gun rights across America wa state but I don't think they are the ones behind the feb 8 rally but they have reference to the info on their page. They have something else in the works I suggest you like the page and get involved with what they have planned. Also make sure you are calling, faxing and emailing your reps. I have been and Cantwell and Rick Larsen are for an AWB so they need to be hounded to try and change their tune, nothing from Murray yet but I suspect the same. Also send messages and comments on their facebook page and twitter

Playboy, If you would prefer the rallys not lean so far right and have a religious slant. I would suggest that you need to show up. As should people of ALL progun points of view. By staying away your "slant" on things is not being represented. Show up bring a sign that proclaims your views on the Progun movement and be part of the effort.
I reject that line of thinking. I was at the previous rallies and I did not feel I was represented. I also did not see myself standing for gun rights. I saw myself standing for people with right wing values who just happened to own guns (but spent more time talking about religion, abortion, and rebellion than they did firearms). If the feedback on my YouTube channel, facebook, and other forums is any indication the majority of people at these local rallies, and those like them, felt the same. Many of the national rallies did not choose to become a "Guns 4 Christ" rally and the response has been very positive. I cannot say the same for the local ones. I, and I feel many others like me, will not be bullied to choose the lesser of two evils. I will not support something I do not because it may support something I do. I will find other ways to make myself seen and heard.

OK your choice. Personally I don't care what the talking heads on the stage had to say. Their part in the rally had no effect on the purpose of the rally. The purpose was to show NUMBERS of people willing to stand against Gun Control. I could careless if the people were bible thumpers or of the complete opposite I went to support firearms rights.

OK your choice. Personally I don't care what the talking heads on the stage had to say. Their part in the rally had no effect on the purpose of the rally. The purpose was to show NUMBERS of people willing to stand against Gun Control. I could careless if the people were bible thumpers or of the complete opposite I went to support firearms rights.
If you think that, you are out of touch. They had a very profound effect on people that could have been strong supporters in the future.

I cannot find the facebook page for Guns Across America Washington any longer. I am wanting to find info regarding the upcoming rallies in february. Anyone have any info? Did the facebook page get removed?

Stay away, you are going to support everyone who promotes gun contorl anyway.

A gun Rally is not a protest, I see many people get this twisted around. There is no law we are wanting abolished
we are not fight against rights that are taken we are fighting so they are not.
We are going to support the 2nd amendment, matters not who is there supporting it as long as it is done peacefully.
If this were a rally for the 1st amendment Bible thumpers would still belong even more so.

A man is gauged by what he does not by what he says, if you show to support the 2nd you will be doing
what everyone else does. If one shows up non-supportive of the 2nd to cause trouble it will them who is protesting
a peaceful event.
And if what they do is stand on a soap box shouting about rebellion, Jesus, and abortion they are judged negatively by most. So it would better to not be seen at all.

I agree that the message should be singular. Expanding abortion rights, easing immigration requirements for those that enter the country illegally, and Nancy Pelosi's desire to raise "revenues" should not be a part of this rally. And neither should the opposite views.

There are those that believe that the issues are tied together but I believe we do ourselves a disservice by lumping all arguments into a confusing soup. Let's stay on track with this and stick to relevant arguments.

Edit: How many of you took the time to have a few words with the man wearing his Kippah and a Star of David pinned to his sleeve? His message was powerful and relevant to our cause. He told me that the Star of David pinned to his sleeve was a badge of honor and was hoping that it was a chilling reminder of why were were protesting.

I agree that the message should be singular. Expanding abortion rights, easing immigration requirements for those that enter the country illegally, and Nancy Pelosi's desire to raise "revenues" should not be a part of this rally. And neither should the opposite views.

There are those that believe that the issues are tied together but I believe we do ourselves a disservice by lumping all arguments into a confusing soup. Let's stay on track with this and stick to relevant arguments.

Edit: How many of you took the time to have a few words with the man wearing his Kippah and a Star of David pinned to his sleeve? His message was powerful and relevant to our cause. He told me that the Star of David pinned to his sleeve was a badge of honor and was hoping that it was a chilling reminder of why were were protesting.
When they clump everything together like this they end up not getting the 70% of us that support gun rights, but instead just get the 5% that support gun rights AND are christian AND are anti-choice AND want to talk of rebellion.

This did not occur at the last Rally my friend.
Not to sound sarcastic, but they also did not bring many of the nations hot topics
like logging and animal cruelty.
It sounds like you are fighting something that has not occurred and no evidence it would???
I would say it is a personal choice if "YOU" do not want to go then do not. But sounds like you are trying rally others not to go not based on anything but speculation.

I was at the Olympia rally and I have to say I didn't hear any of the abortion stuff and while there may have been reference to "God given rights" I don't recall any religious bent on the speeches. There was one fella who was obviously not a fan of the president and let everyone know it (not that I am a fan, but the elections over and we have current issues that need our attention and deserve more than sour grapes when explaining our position.) I think the rally achieved its goal of showing there is a sizeable, politically active group of gun owning citizens that will not allow our inherent right to keep and bear firearms be unconstitutionally restricted through legislation.

As to the crowd, I was surprised, there were your standard VFW types with beards, young families with strollers, all ages and all types. There was also a tall guy in an old school Sonics uniform with a sign rallying people to "Save Our Sonics". He was either very late or had never left from an earlier rally. He was probably the closest thing I saw to a counter protest. For the most part it was positive.

Agree or not agree the one thing that is for sure if you don't stand up and make yourself heard no one will hear your point, and your perspective will not be represented. Blah Blah preachy preachy I'm done now.

I too was at the salem rally. Don't understand the big stink about the topics presented.

The rally did open with a prayer, pledge of alligience, and singing of the star spangled banner. If that offended anybody they might want to jump on the bandwagon of state rep. Carolyn Tomei, she led the state legislature in the pledge of allegiance and changed the words from " one nation under God " to " one nation under love ". Unbelievable.....

I will stand and be heard again.

I was at the Olympia rally and I have to say I didn't hear any of the abortion stuff and while there may have been reference to "God given rights" I don't recall any religious bent on the speeches.
Really? You might want to watch some of the videos, mine included, and then try and rectify that statement with reality. There was a great deal of abortion and religious talk. So much so that when I held a live chat the other night (which was attended by several hundred people) the strong consensus was that it was too religious and preachy.

When they clump everything together like this they end up not getting the 70% of us that support gun rights, but instead just get the 5% that support gun rights AND are christian AND are anti-choice AND want to talk of rebellion.

Diversity means accepting all, diverse backgrounds and beliefs. In the end all are there for gun rights, we need more than just the atheist pro abortion gun owners if we hope to hang on to these rights do we not?

Throw out your own particular banner at the rally and represent your own particular sect of gun owner group whatever that label may be. Realize that all those other people with their own particular beliefs are just looking to live their lives and care for their familys just as you are, they're not monsters, just people.

I too would like to see these as purely gun related events. Dragging abortion and Jesus into the conversation will immediately alienate many of those who might otherwise listen to well reasoned arguments about guns.

Just like environmental protesters might actually have people listen to them if their rallies were actually about the environment instead of anti-capitalism.

Really? You might want to watch some of the videos, mine included, and then try and rectify that statement with reality. There was a great deal of abortion and religious talk. So much so that when I held a live chat the other night (which was attended by several hundred people) the strong consensus was that it was too religious and preachy.

You better just stay home then...;) The most important thing is guns, ignore the rest, and show up, don't be lame.

Always going to be someone not happy about something. If we could all get behind something for once and put away petty opinion for the greater good, it would be a powerful thing indeed.
Anonymous ranting to people who aren't guilty of offending you gets nothing done but forum walls and bad blood got enough of that already.

I want to see a youtube video of you confronting these people at your next event. If you do that you might actually make a difference......or get knocked out one of the two lol

Diversity means accepting all, diverse backgrounds and beliefs. In the end all are there for gun rights, we need more than just the atheist pro abortion gun owners if we hope to hang on to these rights do we not?

Throw out your own particular banner at the rally and represent your own particular sect of gun owner group whatever that label may be. Realize that all those other people with their own particular beliefs are just looking to live their lives and care for their familys just as you are, they're not monsters, just people.
But it doesn't mean excluding the majority. Especially not when trying to further a cause. That is a ridiculous statement to make when you are referring to an event meant to draw as many supporters as possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top