JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think it would be fair to the newer guys. People'd be all like "dayum, that fool has as many unlikes as posts!".
Whereas I, the most perfect gentleman on the innernet, would start out with what you see here. lol.

A "dis-like button" is just kibble...for trolls.:s0097:

A well presented rebuttal reply is a better way to contribute to a topic.
If articulate, reasoned, concise and respectful it may even change minds.
At the very least, it gets a possibly valid counter-opinion on the record.

Last Edited:
Just add this to the list of smileys pissin-chipmunk2.gif

pissin-chipmunk2.gif

I don't think it would be fair to the newer guys. People'd be all like "dayum, that fool has as many unlikes as posts!".
Whereas I, the most perfect gentleman on the innernet, would start out with what you see here. lol.

When you have more likes than posts, you may talk with us.....
J/K...... lol...... GROAN, BOOOOOO, HISSSSSSSS, dislike........:)

A "dis-like button" is just kibble...for trolls.:s0097:

A well presented rebuttal reply is a better way to contribute to a topic.
If articulate, reasoned, concise and respectful it may even change minds.
At the very least, it gets a possibly valid counter-opinion on the record.

You mean like not getting MAH at someone who had bumped their head HARD before they typed their drivel? LOLo_Oo_Oo_O;)

I like the system we have; if you don't dislike the post enough to write a rebuttal then hitting a 'dislike' button is little more than personal ego stroking, maybe even trollish behavior.

Hmmm there are site rules already it would seem that if a person gets unlikes it because of an opinion and a thought. Would we then want a site that made people weary about posting a thought because now they would get negative feedback. A person can rebuttal against others as long as there is not name calling would it not be better to have some one say why they didnt like what you are saying as opposed to just unlike and no reason why? I get the idea I truly do, but I think if you dont like what I am saying then lets debate it. A dislike takes away the full interaction that we all know and love and makes it about a point system. Just my two cents.

Hmmm there are site rules already it would seem that if a person gets unlikes it because of an opinion and a thought. Would we then want a site that made people weary about posting a thought because now they would get negative feedback. A person can rebuttal against others as long as there is not name calling would it not be better to have some one say why they didnt like what you are saying as opposed to just unlike and no reason why? I get the idea I truly do, but I think if you dont like what I am saying then lets debate it. A dislike takes away the full interaction that we all know and love and makes it about a point system. Just my two cents.

The other problem with a dislike button is that people can potentially gang up on someone and dislike everything they say - perhaps skewing the perception of that member for others that may not know them. I agree a dislike button, while it would be good once in a while, stands a chance of being abused or misused. And, like you, I prefer to talk with folks if I don't agree with them or they don't agree with me - I'm not afraid of debate or even strongly worded discussions - I think that kind of interaction is better for us.

To date, I have never put a person on ignore. There are people I may not particularly enjoy the opinions of, but I'm a big boy and I can handle other viewpoints without getting seriously butt hurt to the point that I can't hear them.

I'm for as much opportunity for discussion as possible, and, personally, I appreciate more leeway in the forum rules to allow for a little adult discussion from time to time, even outside the Tavern. I am of the opinion that adults should be able to handle adult discussions, and if you don't like the discussion, stay off that thread. Pretty simple really.

The dislike feature spawns hate.

Im not talkig about "safe space" BS.
I like the fact that if you dislike someones post you can call them out (respectfully) like man.

The dislike feature for online media was invented by weak limp wristed pussified geeks who like to bubblegum and moan about bubblegum with total anonymity and no repercussions.

Personally I think its part of whats wrong with the world. Negativity just to be negative.. And social media fans those flames.. No accountability for ones actions makes for a lot of internet tough guys.

Look at youtube.. For no reason what so ever when a new video gets posted (by big channels), within the first five minutes it gets 1-5 thumbs down and the videos happen to be 10-20 mins long the math doesnt compute. So there are literal trolls out there that just do it to be little bubblegums.. So that lets you know people like to hate just to hate. Its bullbubblegum.

Be a man, call them out if you disagree.. Thats my opinion.

Edit, I need to mention this has been a heated topic with others
(outside of NWFA) and myself. I didnt mean to come off too crass, especially to you RicinOR. I appologize if it felt like a personal attack or jab at your post.
It wasn't.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top